[Name Only Title] Blake Martinez?

ngbills

They aren't going to worry about Edmunds replacement until they have to replace him, if they do.

And as for Martinez, he was reportedly released for not getting along with the new Giants regime. That new Giants regime being Beane's former right hand man Joe Schoen who he is still very close to and Brian Daboll. 

If there were issues behind the scenes, Beane is aware of them and if he was an issue to Schoen, I doubt Beane would want to take him on or be the one to offer him a life raft.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Bernard.  Milano and Spector will be our 4-3 until/unless we draft a LB high next yr.....and I'm fine with that, That may be our lineup by Halloween. I think Bernard will be much more effective.....Spector as well.

Rumor is those 3 and Diggs are forming a Boy Band. 🎤   

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

We need depth at LB. Insurance policy if Edmunds does not resign - assuming Blake is healthy and back at his pre-21 season form. 

We need depth? We've got a pretty damned young and skilled LB corps. Other teams are jealous ask your friends

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, mabden said:

We have Spector, all the backup we need. 

The Bills made some real sacrifices to keep Spector on the roster.  I think it was worth it as I think he will be productive in whatever minutes he gets.  I don’t think he’s Zac Thomas just yet, but it speaks volumes that the Bills cut guys like Hodgson amongst others to keep him.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I think Cleveland should sign him. Just so I can call him “the mistake by the Blake”

Then we could say "Señor Martinez es uno trabajadora en la fábrica de la tristeza."

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Edmunds is thinking about resigning? Wow, that's strange. It would be very unusual for a player of his age and status to call it quits.

I have mixed feelings about Edmunds resigning. No amount of money is worth the constant criticism from fans who've never even worn a jock strap. On the other hand it kinda sucks that he's thinking of resigning less than a week before the nationally televised opener. If he had any thoughts of walking away from the game he should have notified the team BEFORE the draft. A bit pissed to tell the truth.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, mabden said:

We have Spector, all the backup we need. 

Does Spector own a white cat?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Not according to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylon_Spector

I checked all the links too. No white cat as far as my research goes, though can't swear to it.

I’ll have to get in touch with MI-6 and 007 to get the skinny, 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/2/2022 at 7:49 PM, HOUSE said:

I prefer AJ Klein who used to play for Carolina :flirt:

I'll second that. Once the Bills realized Klein was not a good cover backer, he played very well after his rough first game or two. He was a quality player for us.

The only two guys in the league I’m interested and down for are OBJ and Gesecki.  I’m sure role players may get hurt and we bring on depth.

OBJ is probably going to take a cap friendly deal to shop his services as he really made the Rams run a slam dunk December-February.  He can be that last piece to our offense to be unstoppable.

Gesecki is a heck of pass catching TE, but is known for not being the best blocker.  This is an area where Beane probably passes on as he thinks Morris mimicks Knox’s talent and skills.  Honestly, I just don’t know why they let Howard walk and kept Sweeney.  He doesn’t do much for us.

All of these other “let’s bring him in” is a pass for me.  They are going to keep doing that to check out medicals just in case down the road with a guy like Haden.  Just because they look at a player doesn’t mean we’re signing him.  It means they keep placing guys on the bench in case of injury.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.