Josh Rosen was cut by the Browns. I have a perfect landing spot for him.

buffaloboyinATL

13 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Remember when he said we drafted the wrong Josh lol

Mel Kiper had Josh Allen rated the top QB of the 2018 draft & had him rated among the top 10 QB's he's rated of all time.  So no, I don't remember him saying that when the Bills drafted Josh Allen they drafted the wrong Josh.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

From every time I e heard him speak, to any article or report I’ve read and just watching his body language.  He’s more I than Team from what I have gathered 

From what I have read, Rosen has matured.  I assume he's been humbled by his lack of success in the league.  That said, he's had more than enough chances.  Even if he's the best teammate and hardest worker out there, he's just done.

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Now Darnold is a different story.  He could become Josh's mascot at some point, like Matt Barkley.  Someone else to entertain Josh in the QB room.  

3 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

Is Darnold good at ping pong?  Can he become good at ping pong?

Maybe he can learn a few magic tricks, some shadow puppet stuff, a few impressions... 

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Time to come clean, raise your hand if you wanted this Josh on draft night  

You can't make me.

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's probably true, I just always find it odd when a guy has tools to dominate in college and can't even make a roster in the pros unless they just don't have the work ethic. Unrelated, Brissett is a fringe starter in this league, and maybe one of the best backup options out there.

For all his purported smarts, he could never process what was in front of him.  Give him a clean pocket and wide open receivers and he looked amazing.  Sort of like Rob Johnson except Johnson would eat the ball and take sack after sack, whereas Rosen would just aimlessly chuck it into the middle of the field when under duress.  Not going to get in the good graces of too many coaches with that approach.

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Mel Kiper had Josh Allen rated the top QB of the 2018 draft & had him rated among the top 10 QB's he's rated of all time.  So no, I don't remember him saying that when the Bills drafted Josh Allen they drafted the wrong Josh.  

Ok Mel whatever you say Mel.

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I wouldn't mind if we took a look. Despite his career going in the shitter, he had worlds of talent in that arm in college. If we can resuscitate even a little bit of that he could make a nice backup or trade piece.

Ugh

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Ok Mel whatever you say Mel.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30920143/mel-kiper-highest-graded-quarterbacks-ever-nfl-draft-john-elway-ranks-first-1979-trevor-lawrence-makes-top-10

He was #9 all time at the time of the 2018 draft.

10. Josh Allen, Wyoming

Draft class: 2018

Pick: No. 7 overall, Buffalo Bills

What I wrote at the time: "Allen has crushed the pre-draft process and is in the mix to be the No. 1 overall pick. He has shown improvement at the Senior Bowl and at the combine, and he has a high ceiling. Allen is super raw but can really sling it. His numbers weren't great in 2016 (28 touchdown passes, 15 interceptions while completing 56 percent of his passes), and his numbers weren't great in 2017 (16 touchdown passes, six interceptions while completing 56.3 percent of his passes), but NFL teams will take into account the talent around him. The Wyoming offense lost 47 touchdowns from the 2016 team, along with its center. I think Allen's numbers will be much better in an NFL offense with NFL players. He put some strong film together in the Cowboys' bowl win, throwing three touchdown passes in the first half, even while recovering from a shoulder injury."

Career notes: Allen broke out in Year 3 in Buffalo, completing 69.2% of his passes and throwing 37 touchdown passes with only 10 picks. He finished second in the MVP voting while leading the Bills to the AFC title game. Allen, who turns 25 this summer, has inserted himself into the top tier of NFL signal-callers.

Here's what he said when Allen was drafted:  

6 hours ago, Putin said:

Would be fun to revisit the pre draft threads I’m sure there was a genius banging the table for Rosen 

6 hours ago, wppete said:

Would love to see that Vlady 😂 

Are you guys serious lol. It was basically a majority of this board.

Man I did so much "film" watching that year. At various points pre-draft I was into Mayfield, Rosen, Allen and Darnold.

But by draft day I wanted Mayfield and Rosen and was too scared of the "project" Allen. 

Like a zillion of us, I too think the crow tastes great.

16 hours ago, wppete said:

Time to come clean, raise your hand if you wanted this Josh on draft night  

I had high hopes for him. I didn't think he would be this bad. GM of the year, I am not. I wanted Darnold or Allen, whichever fell to us. Thank you Jets!!! My list from that draft in order:

Darnold

Allen

Mayfield

The wrong Josh

In the winter of 2018 I was too sick to really study things & have a decent opinion. I was neutral on Josh Allen before the draft & then went into trust but verify mode when we drafted him.  The guy I was most against was Rosen because the concussions reminded me too much of Rob Johnson. I thought he was a medical risk, not that he'd be horrible in the NFL.  I have to admit with my limited knowledge at the time I wanted Darnold, which is almost as bad as wanting Rosen, but the Jets took him at 3 & made things easier to accept.  

This is weird. All because there was debate on which Josh to take, you make fun of a young dude who’s career didn’t work out? Bad mojo. 

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Quit it.  These guys are human beings with feelings.  Maybe next stop is with Dr. Phil.  Just joshing.  

I mean why be a d bag for no reason? 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is weird. All because there was debate on which Josh to take, you make fun of a young dude who’s career didn’t work out? Bad mojo. 

I mean why be a d bag for no reason? 

You right Bis. Took it too far.  I wish those guys well.

10 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Apparently he is now on the Titans practice squad.  Teams keep kicking those tires, but nothing has clicked yet.

Wrong Josh.  Tennessee is signing Josh Gordon, not Rosen.  They already have a practice squad QB in Logan Woodside. 

Rosen signed with Cleveland's practice squad:  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/01/browns-sign-josh-rosen-to-practice-squad/

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/31/2022 at 10:32 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

In the winter of 2018 I was too sick to really study things & have a decent opinion. I was neutral on Josh Allen before the draft & then went into trust but verify mode when we drafted him.  The guy I was most against was Rosen because the concussions reminded me too much of Rob Johnson. I thought he was a medical risk, not that he'd be horrible in the NFL.  I have to admit with my limited knowledge at the time I wanted Darnold, which is almost as bad as wanting Rosen, but the Jets took him at 3 & made things easier to accept.  

I saw several sites that compared Darnold to Andrew Luck.  Such as:  https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-darnold/32004441-5246-6141-9e5c-6e7d32a03e33

I wanted him too.  So happy the Jets are the Jets.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.