Two Bills Drive "Draft Competition" - Prize is a Bills cap - Brian3488 is our winner!!!

BringBackFergy

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I keep coming back to Beane’s comments on Tyreek Hill and his speed.  

“if you see a guy like Hill out there, let me know.. I’d love to have him”

If we decide to trade up.. that guy Beane talked about is there in Jameson Williams.  

I think of Williams too...but I also think of Calvin Austin III...

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Age is definitely a negative. I’m not sure how much that impacts Lloyd’s ranking on the Bills board. Every team will grade age differently. Edmunds being 20 was a positive but it didn’t mean much for his on field play. There’s been little growth from rookie season. At 24 the worry is how much better can he get?

I think I can see comparisons between Lloyd and Micah Parsons from a talent standpoint. That is going to get teams to fall in love.

That's why I said it may not be much of an issue. Some learn and get better and some don't.

But why would it be a worry of how much better he can get at 24? Plenty young still

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

That's why I said it may not be much of an issue. Some learn and get better and some don't.

But why would it be a worry of how much better he can get at 24? Plenty young still

Because you have to weigh a players performance at 23 vs younger less developed players and then project him in the NFL.

The draft is about projection. Where will they be in 2-3 years. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Because you have to weigh a players performance at 23 vs younger less developed players and then project him in the NFL.

The draft is about projection. Where will they be in 2-3 years. 

I get that, in 2-3 years he will be 26-27 still young in his prime. Why couldn't he develop the same as a player 2 or 3 years younger? 

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I think of Williams too...but I also think of Calvin Austin III...

This about how many good 162lb WRs have existed in NFL history.  

If he’s our pick @ 57, I’ll be excited and hope Dorsey and Josh can help this guy succeed…..but the track record for midgees isn’t good.

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, that’s what I’m basing it on.  Do you think Someone would give up edmunds for a first rd pick?  If so, let’s just trade edmunds for a first round pick and keep 25.   I’m giving him a 2nd round value, which is higher than I really believe it is.   Moving up 18 spots to #7 is expensive.  

I love Breece Hall!  💙 ❤️  🤣 ❤️ 💙 

I really wouldn’t hate it if he’s the pick.  Running backs are my jam.  I just don’t think it would be wise. As a fan, all I can do is watch, enjoy and vent on this message board.  I’d watch and enjoy much more than I currently do if we had a stud rb.  But then again, I would vent a whole lot more if we don’t win a SB.  I might even morph into an evil version of @ScottLaw

I just look at it like this… I don’t hate Edmunds. It I think he is average to maybe good. At best. But I get that people think he’s special. I get that he’s been to multiple pro bowls. I get that he is still growing and could become much better. But I don’t want to be the team to pay him (likely) 15+ million a year. BUT… you just might find a new coach that is offensive minded, and wants to bring along one of his familiar players from his old team to help run the defense that he wants his DC and team to run. 

because of that, I feel like Edmunds has more value to someone like Shoen and Daboll than he would to another team. Who knows. At the end of the day we just have a few more days of this crap and then we can start complaining about how the Bills traded up to the top 15 to draft Breece Hall when they could have just taken him at 25 😉 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I just look at it like this… I don’t hate Edmunds. It I think he is average to maybe good. At best. But I get that people think he’s special. I get that he’s been to multiple pro bowls. I get that he is still growing and could become much better. But I don’t want to be the team to pay him (likely) 15+ million a year. BUT… you just might find a new coach that is offensive minded, and wants to bring along one of his familiar players from his old team to help run the defense that he wants his DC and team to run. 

because of that, I feel like Edmunds has more value to someone like Shoen and Daboll than he would to another team. Who knows. At the end of the day we just have a few more days of this crap and then we can start complaining about how the Bills traded up to the top 15 to draft Breece Hall when they could have just taken him at 25 😉 

Amen.  I feel the same about Edmunds. Take him or leave him, just don’t overpay him.  

Seems like the only team that may be looking at Hall is Az, so we may have to get to 22 and raiders may be in position to trade down 3 spots.  

imagine that……

this place would be so much fun. 

4 hours ago, purple haze said:

If Beane traded up to #7 with a deal that included Edmunds, no way he’s doing it to draft a LB.

Kyle Hamilton, Ahmad Gardner or Derek Stingley would be my guess, with Hamilton being my best guess.  Hamilton’s a freak and a chess piece for whichever defense he plays on.

I really like that idea as well. I’m fact ive made comments before about how I would run a completely different scheme on defense, using 3 safeties for a huge majority of the time. Because Hamilton is so good. Can do the job of a S, CB, or LB if needed. Id still draft a LB later because you can’t go into the season with just Milano at LB. but I really like that idea. Dax Hill could potentially play that role as well. Although nothing like Hamilton could. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Amen.  I feel the same about Edmunds. Take him or leave him, just don’t overpay him.  

Seems like the only team that may be looking at Hall is Az, so we may have to get to 22 and raiders may be in position to trade down 3 spots.  

imagine that……

this place would be so much fun. 

Not just, “just don’t overpay him” but I’m a believer that we should trade him while we can get something for him instead of letting him walk for nothing. At the same time I think there’s about 4-5 LB in this draft that would be instant upgrades over him. Might take a few games for a rookie to be comfortable and I wouldn’t want them calling the defense. I’m still a believer of having Poyer or Hyde doing it. There’s about 4 teams in the league where the S calls the defense. 

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

I really like that idea as well. I’m fact ive made comments before about how I would run a completely different scheme on defense, using 3 safeties for a huge majority of the time. Because Hamilton is so good. Can do the job of a S, CB, or LB if needed. Id still draft a LB later because you can’t go into the season with just Milano at LB. but I really like that idea. Dax Hill could potentially play that role as well. Although nothing like Hamilton could. 

Not just, “just don’t overpay him” but I’m a believer that we should trade him while we can get something for him instead of letting him walk for nothing. At the same time I think there’s about 4-5 LB in this draft that would be instant upgrades over him. Might take a few games for a rookie to be comfortable and I wouldn’t want them calling the defense. I’m still a believer of having Poyer or Hyde doing it. There’s about 4 teams in the league where the S calls the defense. 

I hear ya.  I wanted to trade him last year and draft Nick Bolton.  I like some of these LBers even more.  It would be extremely risky, but I think i’d trade him for Troy Anderson, Quay Walker, Christian Harris or Chad Muma right now.  I’d definitely trade him for Lloyd or Dean.  

just risky because this is supposed to be our year and turning over the reigns to a rookie MLB could backfire.  Risk vs reward, but i agree….i’d pull the trigger if I could get a 1st or 2nd.

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Age is definitely a negative. I’m not sure how much that impacts Lloyd’s ranking on the Bills board. Every team will grade age differently. Edmunds being 20 was a positive but it didn’t mean much for his on field play. There’s been little growth from rookie season. At 24 the worry is how much better can he get?

I think I can see comparisons between Lloyd and Micah Parsons from a talent standpoint. That is going to get teams to fall in love.

This makes no sense why a team who is in a super bowl window would willingly make themselves weaker and create a major hole that doesn't need to be created when they have a glaring need at CB and could use another WR. Not to mention losing picks to move up also.

On 4/23/2022 at 8:24 PM, DJB said:

No LB is worth the 7 in this drafrt. There is no 2021 crush i had on Parsons this year. 

Only way i see it is if we are moving up for the top DB who could go as high as 3 i suppose.  

Regardless i think this rumor is poo. 

Unless our clever GM gets the NYG # 7, then turns around and trades that # 7 for a couple mid to late # 1's.  Edmunds gone and replaced with lower cap hit LB who's not afraid to hit (2nd first round pick), and still have additional # 1 to get first rounder that's just enough picks higher than # 25 to get the CB they covet.   Brilliant.  😏

Rumors are just that- rumors.

9 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Their draft model undoubtedly knocks Lloyd down due to age. 

If the Bills are looking to potentially trade up, then this may be a good year to do it.

Demand for moving down is greater than moving up, theoretically that means those looking to move up should get better value than in years past.

• Like (+1) 5

20 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

One other little thought, but let’s say there is a trade centered around Edmunds and Bradberry and those picks. It is imbalanced. Now what if the Bills included Poyer? 

Bills get:

7: Draft Gardner, Stingley, or Hamilton

Bradberry

Maybe Toney or Martinez?

Giants get:

Poyer

Edmunds

some later round picks

Cody Ford?

It changes our secondary quite a bit, but maybe that’s a trade that could work? The Bills try to find a Tremaine replacement later in the draft, or sign a stopgap like Kwon Alexander or Joe Schobert for a year. Maybe the Giants throw in Martinez? IDK. Just roster-bating here. 

Giants get Edmunds who will likely be a beast in Martindale’s defense and get a QB for their secondary with Poyer who would pair well with McKinney.  Maybe Johnson wants Cody Ford. They still would have two first rounders. They also rid themselves of a high priced corner who doesn’t fit their new system.

Bills get Bradberry and an elite prospect at 7. They open up a hole at LB, but they free themselves of two players who may just be here one more year. I like Edmunds, I like Poyer, but if they have value and they aren’t going to be here long term, the move makes some sense. 

Make fun of me, say Madden blah blah. But there is some smoke, the front offices and coaching staffs are very closely related, and a move could be mutually beneficial. 

I think it is unlikely, but I could see the general idea behind it.  The problem I have is if you are trading Poyer and Edmunds and getting back Bradberry - you now have you DB - so you are picking LB or Safety at 7 and that seems like a high pick for those positions.

I could see it for Hamilton more than a Off Ball LB, but it would fill needs and adjust holes.  I think the Giants want a first next year to go after QB - so there maybe some additional draft pick or player changes to help get the Giants a 1st next year that fills additional needs - maybe they use Toney as a 2nd player.  

That fills CB and WR - opens Safety and LB.  Use the 1st on safety and a 2nd or 3rd on LB - I don’t hate the idea - I just think in the win model of this year - I am hard pressed to see them losing that much leadership from the defense.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think it is unlikely, but I could see the general idea behind it.  The problem I have is if you are trading Poyer and Edmunds and getting back Bradberry - you now have you DB - so you are picking LB or Safety at 7 and that seems like a high pick for those positions.

I could see it for Hamilton more than a Off Ball LB, but it would fill needs and adjust holes.  I think the Giants want a first next year to go after QB - so there maybe some additional draft pick or player changes to help get the Giants a 1st next year that fills additional needs - maybe they use Toney as a 2nd player.  

That fills CB and WR - opens Safety and LB.  Use the 1st on safety and a 2nd or 3rd on LB - I don’t hate the idea - I just think in the win model of this year - I am hard pressed to see them losing that much leadership from the defense.

Yeah I agree. It's a bit like rearranging deck chairs. There is some depth at safety, but this trade allows you to go Hamilton or BPA in the first, then probably safety 2 and LB in the third or 4th. There is depth at those two positions safety, and linebacker imo. But I agree, it makes seem sense on some level, but again I would only trade up for Stingley, Gardner or Hamilton. I would trade up for a premier corner, and if you are getting Bradberry, you may not need a corner in that spot.  Maybe the Bills love a Jameson Williams or Drake London, but I just don't believe you make that move for a receiver. I could see London as if they really think he is Mike Evans lite. That is something that is really missing here, that contested catch big body. But I think the more likely scenario is a mini trade up if one of the top 4 corners or Hamilton is slipping. 

The rumors is they sat on their hands waiting for Eric Stokes to fall to them last year and he got taken 1 pick ahead, so I am not sure they allow that to happen again. 

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  I wanted to trade him last year and draft Nick Bolton.  I like some of these LBers even more.  It would be extremely risky, but I think i’d trade him for Troy Anderson, Quay Walker, Christian Harris or Chad Muma right now.  I’d definitely trade him for Lloyd or Dean.  

just risky because this is supposed to be our year and turning over the reigns to a rookie MLB could backfire.  Risk vs reward, but i agree….i’d pull the trigger if I could get a 1st or 2nd.

This is 100% where I am with all this. I know it’s not because Beane doesn’t believe in this philosophy, but it really feels like super bowl or bust. Because of that I’d risk keeping him and letting him go next year for nothing. Or MAYBE a comp pick. But I am not a fan of him being the leader of this defense anymore. 

Lloyd

Beavers

Walker

Harris

Muma

Anderson scares me because of his inexperience. It’s big bust vs big reward imo. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, mrags said:

which teams are those?

1 hour ago, mrags said:

This is 100% where I am with all this. I know it’s not because Beane doesn’t believe in this philosophy, but it really feels like super bowl or bust. Because of that I’d risk keeping him and letting him go next year for nothing. Or MAYBE a comp pick. But I am not a fan of him being the leader of this defense anymore. 

Lloyd

Beavers

Walker

Harris

Muma

Anderson scares me because of his inexperience. It’s big bust vs big reward imo. 

💯 

Anderson scares me too….but his ceiling is incredible.  Plus we can use him as sour short yardage back! 😉 

3 hours ago, Magox said:

If the Bills are looking to potentially trade up, then this may be a good year to do it.

Demand for moving down is greater than moving up, theoretically that means those looking to move up should get better value than in years past.

Makes sense. I feel like this draft is low on blue chip talent and high in draftable talent. bad teams need more picks

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Thank you. Im sure it took a whole 13 seconds to google that. 

All good man. Its interesting actually, in terms of the approach each team takes in this. i thought the Ravens did since they have so many crazy fronts, but didn’t realize that there were that many teams doing it. 

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Todd Mcshay says he’s hearing Nakobe Dean could fall out of round 1.

So far I’m seeing almost everyone projected to go after pick 15 is going to fall out of the first round due to medical or other issues.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.