Two Bills Drive "Draft Competition" - Prize is a Bills cap - Brian3488 is our winner!!!

BringBackFergy

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Surprised none of youz “NFL Fans” have posted this news. I was driving from Buffalo to home and listened to Sirius XM NFL Radio the whole way. So today, Zig Fracassi said he has sources in Buffalo that indicate the Bills are looking to make a trade with the Giants to move up to the 7 slot. Giants get more picks and Edmunds (?) to build their team, and Bills get an impact player to take them to Super Bowl. 

What impact player do we pick at 7? Linebacker (I can’t find the audio but that’s what Zig indicated). Looks like I’m winning my own ball cap. 

Sauce Gardner ?

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder how many other picks this and next year it would cost, even with Edmunds. 25 to 7 will be EXPENSIVE! It can't be for a LB, create a new hole and over spend to fill it. That's not smart management in spite of the cap savings (of not paying Edmunds) because you lose the cheap labor in the picks you trade away.

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

The only one I’d do this trade for as well. I feel we get more of an impact out of sauce than we do out of Edmunds+25. But I’ve been wrong before. 

There’s no way Edmunds+25 gets us 7. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It would have to be 25, plus Edmunds, plus a second or third. Giants want to gather draft capital in a rebuild. Maybe Schoen was a big Edmunds fan? The point is, if Beane sees a top tier talent at a position of need (LB) and can pull the trigger, he’ll do it (huge talent at LB and not have to pay big bucks to Edmunds, cap management, etc.) 

Just now, SCBills said:

You think Edmunds + 25 + next years first + our second this year for 7 and their second would work? If so I would do it. Trade up for a game breaker prospect and at the traded up second draft a replacement lb. There are four or five I feel could step in day 1 and while not replicate Edmunds success at least give close to it. As well as a bunch who if not relied on to do everything day one could likely thrive in a year or two.  Guys like (in no particular order) Chad Muma, Leo Chenal, Christian Harris, Troy Andersen, Brian Asamoah, Channing Tindall, Brandon Smith and Quay Walker. Honestly, the more I think about it the more I think this is a great year to draft a lb in the second or third round even if we don't trade Edmunds to let them sit a year behind him and take over next year.

How about:

25th, 2023 1st, Edmunds, Hodgins, Moss

for

7th, Bradberry, Toney

then draft either Hamilton, Thibodeaux or Williams. All of whom could be very impactful. Hamilton can be moved all over the field and perhaps even line up at LB on passing downs

I would prefer Williams though.

the Bills may believe Dodson is a capable starter after a few years in the system. Could also draft an LB in rounds 3-4

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

You think Edmunds + 25 + next years first + our second this year for 7 and their second would work? If so I would do it. Trade up for a game breaker prospect and at the traded up second draft a replacement lb. There are four or five I feel could step in day 1 and while not replicate Edmunds success at least give close to it. As well as a bunch who if not relied on to do everything day one could likely thrive in a year or two.  Guys like (in no particular order) Chad Muma, Leo Chenal, Christian Harris, Troy Andersen, Brian Asamoah, Channing Tindall, Brandon Smith and Quay Walker. Honestly, the more I think about it the more I think this is a great year to draft a lb in the second or third round even if we don't trade Edmunds to let them sit a year behind him and take over next year.

I definitely see why we could move up this year..  There are no big time QB’s or consensus can’t miss players, so the premium paid should likely be lower than normal years. 

I can only really see us doing this for Sauce, Hamilton or Jameson and then grab our linebacker in the second.   Certainly makes sense.  We plan on drafting late in RD1 next year anyway, and here we are this year being “meh” on most players that may be available when we pick….. if there’s a guy we feel is a massive piece of the puzzle, and it takes 25, Edmunds and next years 1st, I say do it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

How about:

25th, 2023 1st, Edmunds, Hodgins, Moss

for

7th, Bradberry, Toney

then draft either Hamilton, Thibodeaux or Williams. All of whom could be very impactful. Hamilton can be moved all over the field and perhaps even line up at LB on passing downs

I would prefer Williams though.

the Bills may believe Dodson is a capable starter after a few years in the system. Could also draft an LB in rounds 3-4

I don't want anything to do with Toney. The guy is an injury prone headcase with questions concerning his work ethic and commitment tot he game. For example he hasn't shown up to voluntary training camp last year or this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

It would have to be 25, plus Edmunds, plus a second or third. Giants want to gather draft capital in a rebuild. Maybe Schoen was a big Edmunds fan? The point is, if Beane sees a top tier talent at a position of need (LB) and can pull the trigger, he’ll do it (huge talent at LB and not have to pay big bucks to Edmunds, cap management, etc.) 

throw in Toney and an extra pick to balance it back out

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

I don't want anything to do with Toney. The guy is an injury prone headcase with questions concerning his work ethic and commitment tot he game. For example he hasn't shown up to voluntary training camp last year or this year. 

Well if Beane/Sean believe the trainers, culture and leaders can help him…he’s a throw in on the deal. Worst case you cut him in camp.  Best case he’s a discount version of Deebo Samuel 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Surprised none of youz “NFL Fans” have posted this news. I was driving from Buffalo to home and listened to Sirius XM NFL Radio the whole way. So today, Zig Fracassi said he has sources in Buffalo that indicate the Bills are looking to make a trade with the Giants to move up to the 7 slot. Giants get more picks and Edmunds (?) to build their team, and Bills get an impact player to take them to Super Bowl. 

What impact player do we pick at 7? Linebacker (I can’t find the audio but that’s what Zig indicated). Looks like I’m winning my own ball cap. 

Who replaces Edmunds on the defense?

First, the only person who knows who we are drafting is Beane, so any moron out there claiming to know what the Bills are doing weeks before the draft is a total dolt. Second, it makes no sense to trade a starting LB to move up in the draft to get a LB who is often projected to be there when we pick at 25 anyway. If we trade up for Sauce, who are we starting at MLB? This is the definition of weakening your team. 

The only two guys that even make sense for the Bills are Gardner and Jameson Williams. Both guys are going to go right around pick 7.

Giants pick is 1,500 

Bills pick is 720

so Bills have to make up a 780 point difference. Trading Edmunds is probably worth a mid 2nd round pick. # 45 is worth 450. 

still a 270 point gap 

Bills 1st round 2023 = this years 2nd rounder…value = 330

So depending on the value 2 1st and Edmunds would get it done  Pending the value of Edmunds 

Edited by gonzo1105

48 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The only two guys that even make sense for the Bills are Gardner and Jameson Williams. Both guys are going to go right around pick 7.

Giants pick is 1,500 

Bills pick is 720

so Bills have to make up a 780 point difference. Trading Edmunds is probably worth a mid 2nd round pick. # 45 is worth 450. 

still a 270 point gap 

So depending on the value 2 1st and Edmunds would get it done  Pending the value of Edmunds 

🤮 💩 

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Giants pick is 1,500 

Bills pick is 720

still a 270 point gap 

I don't like it, but I think if you are going to #7 there are other players who make sense. The 4 tackles for starters. 

I don't see the Bills going up that far. I do get the sense a small trade up might be under consideration though. 

I think a lot of people on this board truly don’t realize how good of a LB Devin Lloyd is.    We have been conditioned to look at CB’s, WR’s and IOL’s as that has been identified as our biggest need.

Devin Lloyd can do it all.  He’s fast, physical, great run stuffer and tackler, awesome against the pass and a phenomenal pass rusher.  

He had 111 tackles last year, 8 sacks and 4 interceptions.

Watch the highlights.   These sacks aren’t garbage sacks, the dude has legitimate pass rushing moves.

If the Bills can trade for their 7th pick and get Lloyd, not only would we get ourselves a game changing defensive player who has true MLB instincts and playmaking ability who can get after the QB, but with the trade of Edmunds you free up a lot of money to get more pieces.  The Giants could throw in Bradberry and now the Bills could still use their 2nd -4th picks to get quality value WR and CB.

I would be very ok with this move.   The team most definitely would be upgraded from the past year.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Magox said:

I think a lot of people on this board truly don’t realize how good of a LB Devin Lloyd is.    We have been conditioned to look at CB’s, WR’s and IOL’s as that has been identified as our biggest need.

Devin Lloyd can do it all.  He’s fast, physical, great run stuffer and tackler, awesome against the pass and a phenomenal pass rusher.  

Watch the highlights.   These sacks aren’t garbage sacks, the dude has legitimate pass rushing moves.

If the Bills can trade for their 7th pick and get Lloyd, not only would we get ourselves a game changing defensive player who has true MLB instincts and playmaking ability who can get after the QB, but with the trade of Edmunds you free up a lot of money to get more pieces.  The Giants could throw in Bradberry and now the Bills could still use their 2nd -4th picks to get quality value WR and CB.

I would be very ok with this move.   The team most definitely would be upgraded from the past year.

This

20 minutes ago, Magox said:

What do you think the bills are going to trade to get to 7?  25 and edmunds?  

We won’t have picks all of our picks 2-4 if we Trade up this far.  Maybe if we trade Edmunds, 25, and our 1st and second next year. But I doubt we do that. 

If they go up I would think it is for Gardner or Stingley. Stingley to me is one of the best corners I have ever seen. He runs the the routes for the receiver. I like him better than Gardner. Sauce may be their flavor though, 33.5 inch arms. I guess it’s possible they love Hamilton. But if they get up there to draft a RT I will be very upset and extremely disappointed. The same is true if they get up to draft an off ball linebacker. I really like Lloyd, but that is poor process imo. The same is true, imo, if they go up for a receiver like they did for Sammy Watkins. The more likely scenario is that they are targeting one of those top two corners, perhaps Hamilton since he is so unique, or defensive line. That’s my 2 cents on the rumor. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What do you think the bills are going to trade to get to 7?  25 and edmunds?  

We won’t have picks all of our picks 2-4 if we Trade up this far.  Maybe if we trade Edmunds, 25, and our 1st and second next year. But I doubt we do that. 

Im not sure.   Partially depends on what Edmunds value is.  But on the surface I would think.

Bills:

2022 1st

2022 6th

2022 7th

Edmunds

2023 1st

2023 conditional 3rd-5th

Giants

2022 1st

Bradberry

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Im not sure.   Partially depends on what Edmunds value is.  But on the surface I would think.

Bills:

2022 1st

2022 6th

2022 7th

Edmunds

2023 1st

2023 conditional 3rd-5th

Giants

2022 1st

Bradberry

I stop at the 2023 1st. Im good with the rest of it. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I stop at the 2023 1st. Im good with the rest of it. 

Yeah. Had me up until there. Honestly I’m not so sure next years first is needed. The Giants would be getting the leader of their defense for the next 5+ years once they resign him. A 2xpro bowl starter That’s got tons of experience. (At least that’s how it reads). We get a starter at CB. We trade first rounders this year with a bunch of extra picks, and conditional picks involved. Maybe next years 2nd would be there. 

I also don’t think you need to move to 7 to get Lloyd either. Many mocks have him falling to late teens/early to mid 20s. But if you think this is the guy to run your defense and will be a game changer for the next 5+ years then you do it. At the same time grabbing a very good starting CB. 

then you can trade back up into the early 2nd and take Breece Hall 😉

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

Bills:

2022 1st

2022 6th

2022 7th

Edmunds

2023 1st

2023 conditional 3rd-5th

Giants

2022 1st

Bradberry

I think the giants would get more.  
#7 pick = 1700

#25 pick -= 720

Both of our 6th rd picks total 24

7th = 1

2023 first rd pick = 330

Conditional picks next year total about 100

Thats 1175 vs 1700 without edmunds or Bradberry.  525 difference.  Our second and third rd pick = 475.  Edmunds has more value due to his age and hope that he could still be ascending, even though he hasn’t been.  Bradberry plays a premium position and has also “made the pro bowl” (as if that matters).   Let’s say we give edmunds a 2nd rd trade value and Bradberry a 3rd trade value- we would still be at least a 3rd pound pick and less pick short.

Even if the Gmen agreed to it, it doesn’t seem logical for Beane to do this imo.  Trading our starting MLB + TWO first round picks plus several other picks….so we can draft another MLB and acquire a corner on the was pretty meh last season, on the last year of his contract making 13M?

I really hope this isn’t the case….Beane isn’t that stupid.  He can’t be.  Can he?Scared Breaking Bad GIF by davidsaracino

23 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah. Had me up until there. Honestly I’m not so sure next years first is needed. The Giants would be getting the leader of their defense for the next 5+ years once they resign him. A 2xpro bowl starter That’s got tons of experience. (At least that’s how it reads). We get a starter at CB. We trade first rounders this year with a bunch of extra picks, and conditional picks involved. Maybe next years 2nd would be there. 

I also don’t think you need to move to 7 to get Lloyd either. Many mocks have him falling to late teens/early to mid 20s. But if you think this is the guy to run your defense and will be a game changer for the next 5+ years then you do it. At the same time grabbing a very good starting CB. 

then you can trade back up into the early 2nd and take Breece Hall 😉

Do math.  

One other little thought, but let’s say there is a trade centered around Edmunds and Bradberry and those picks. It is imbalanced. Now what if the Bills included Poyer? 

Bills get:

7: Draft Gardner, Stingley, or Hamilton

Bradberry

Maybe Toney or Martinez?

Giants get:

Poyer

Edmunds

some later round picks

Cody Ford?

It changes our secondary quite a bit, but maybe that’s a trade that could work? The Bills try to find a Tremaine replacement later in the draft, or sign a stopgap like Kwon Alexander or Joe Schobert for a year. Maybe the Giants throw in Martinez? IDK. Just roster-bating here. 

Giants get Edmunds who will likely be a beast in Martindale’s defense and get a QB for their secondary with Poyer who would pair well with McKinney.  Maybe Johnson wants Cody Ford. They still would have two first rounders. They also rid themselves of a high priced corner who doesn’t fit their new system.

Bills get Bradberry and an elite prospect at 7. They open up a hole at LB, but they free themselves of two players who may just be here one more year. I like Edmunds, I like Poyer, but if they have value and they aren’t going to be here long term, the move makes some sense. 

Make fun of me, say Madden blah blah. But there is some smoke, the front offices and coaching staffs are very closely related, and a move could be mutually beneficial. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think the giants would get more.  
#7 pick = 1700

#25 pick -= 720

Both of our 6th rd picks total 24

7th = 1

2023 first rd pick = 330

Conditional picks next year total about 100

Thats 1175 vs 1700 without edmunds or Bradberry.  525 difference.  Our second and third rd pick = 475.  Edmunds has more value due to his age and hope that he could still be ascending, even though he hasn’t been.  Bradberry plays a premium position and has also “made the pro bowl” (as if that matters).   Let’s say we give edmunds a 2nd rd trade value and Bradberry a 3rd trade value- we would still be at least a 3rd pound pick and less pick short.

Even if the Gmen agreed to it, it doesn’t seem logical for Beane to do this imo.  Trading our starting MLB + TWO first round picks plus several other picks….so we can draft another MLB and acquire a corner on the was pretty meh last season, on the last year of his contract making 13M?

I really hope this isn’t the case….Beane isn’t that stupid.  He can’t be.  Can he?Scared Breaking Bad GIF by davidsaracino

Do math.  

It all boils down to what you believe Devin Lloyd could become.  If he is a game changing LB who can get after the QB, plays tough instinctive run stopping with a nose for the football to get some interceptions then it’s a no brainer.  So it would all boil down to the scouting team and if they believe he would be THAT guy.

Obviously, I haven’t seen him nearly as much of the scouts but from what I have seen of his highlights and stats and reports from other draft dudes, he seems to be that guy.

I would be more than ok with it.  But as you said, it may take more to get him.

Maybe the Bills wait a little longer and see if they can get him in the teens if they really do like him.

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

One other little thought, but let’s say there is a trade centered around Edmunds and Bradberry and those picks. It is imbalanced. Now what if the Bills included Poyer? 

Bills get:

7: Draft Gardner, Stingley, or Hamilton

Bradberry

Maybe Toney or Martinez?

Giants get:

Poyer

Edmunds

some later round picks

Cody Ford?

It changes our secondary quite a bit, but maybe that’s a trade that could work? The Bills try to find a Tremaine replacement later in the draft, or sign a stopgap like Kwon Alexander or Joe Schobert for a year. Maybe the Giants throw in Martinez? IDK. Just roster-bating here. 

Giants get Edmunds who will likely be a beast in Martindale’s defense and get a QB for their secondary with Poyer who would pair well with McKinney.  Maybe Johnson wants Cody Ford. They still would have two first rounders. They also rid themselves of a high priced corner who doesn’t fit their new system.

Bills get Bradberry and an elite prospect at 7. They open up a hole at LB, but they free themselves of two players who may just be here one more year. I like Edmunds, I like Poyer, but if they have value and they aren’t going to be here long term, the move makes some sense. 

Make fun of me, say Madden blah blah. But there is some smoke, the front offices and coaching staffs are very closely related, and a move could be mutually beneficial. 

It would still take next years first in addition to what you have, but that’s a doable trade.  Getting Hamilton or Sauce makes a lot of sense for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

First, the only person who knows who we are drafting is Beane, so any moron out there claiming to know what the Bills are doing weeks before the draft is a total dolt. Second, it makes no sense to trade a starting LB to move up in the draft to get a LB who is often projected to be there when we pick at 25 anyway. If we trade up for Sauce, who are we starting at MLB? This is the definition of weakening your team. 

I think people could certainly hear leaks of potential deals in place on Draft Day.   Doesn’t mean it’s coming from Buffalo’s side… the Giants have people with connections to media people as well.  

I could absolutely see us moving up in the Draft if we feel there is “that” guy. 

Sounds like he may be guessing we move up for a linebacker.. I have no idea how on earth that could be the pick.  There are no LB’s remotely worth the #7 pick in this draft.   We’ve also done quite a bit of due diligence on RD2 graded linebackers, which is where I would see us going to replace Edmunds if we trade up. 

Id be willing to go 25, 89, 168 and Edmunds or 25, 168, Edmunds and our ‘23 2nd Rd Pick if it gets us Sauce or Jameson Williams.  

Anything more than that and it gets a little dicey given we’re not trading up for a QB and there aren’t really a ton of consensus elite players in this draft.  It shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg to move up this year. 

Those are the only elite players in this draft that I see making sense for us.   I fear we could throw Hamilton into the mix, and I’d have to talk myself into that one. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.