Bills Draft Visit Spotlight- Isaiah Spiller Texas A&M RB

jethro_tull

It has been reported Texas A&M RB Isaiah Spiller will be a top 30 visit for the Bills.  

Basically I want the guy- and I hope the Bills pick him up somehow.  The current trend is that RB is not a value position but an elite workhorse runner has always served the Bills well in the past. 

This will come in handy as the Bills should start considering trying to reduce the mileage and wear and tear Josh Allen typically sees.  A gradual reduction through the seasons is highly recommended and Spiller seems like a long term answer.  High value in my opinion.  

Watch this video and see who he reminds you of.  Not elite explosiveness but deceptive moves, uncanny vision of the field and great hands.  Gifted football instincts.  

Lets Go ! 

Draft Scouting Report

Rating: 83.37 (Long-term starter)

Pro Comparison: Miles Sanders

Strengths:

Big, thick feature back with dynamic cutting skills, high-end vision and contact balance. Very capable hands. Made difficult grabs down the field during his college career and can handle typical out-of-the-backfield duties. Stop-and-start skill is that of a scat back. His elusiveness is actually more impressive than his contact balance, but he rarely goes down on first contact. Often had to sneak through tiny cracks between the tackles. Can make defenders miss immediately after receiving the handoff. Awareness is great. Has the eyes and flexibility to do it. Amazing how he can find creases in the defense at his size.

Weaknesses:

Long speed leaves a lot to be desired. Not as explosive as some of the other top-tier backs in this class.

Accolades:

2021: AP All-SEC second team

2021: Fifth in SEC in rush yards (1,011)

Edited by jethro_tull
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 5

1 hour ago, Vickveto said:

Do this draft visit spotlight

Closest running back to J.D McKissic

I don't follow college ball so I don't know Cook.  But looking at his highlights, he seems to  have good speed and explosiveness.  He also seem to have to be a capable receiver out of the backfield.  But he doesn't seem particularly adept at breaking tackles or eluding them.  

You compared him to McKissic... maybe he'll be a good third down back at the NFL level.  I don't see him as a good NFL runner.

52 minutes ago, Putin said:

CB & WR round 1 & 2  and Spiller in the 3rd I’m all for it !!! 

Pierre Strong Jr  4.37 40 yard dash  1800yds

7.0 ypc 

This is more like it in the third round!! Spiller looks good if he’s available in the sixth or seventh round

• Like (+1) 1

The he is "average" at everything is being overly exaggerated and IMHO a poor description of him as a player.  He has 3 down back potential at the next level, is faster than the RB's on our roster, and can catch out of the backfield.  

I am not advocating for him, but the reality is this is also Devins last year on his contract, if we aren't sold on Devin long term to retain him, someone like Spiller could be an attractive replacement, especially if we can get him in the 3rd.  Ive seen him going all over the place between 2nd and 3rd rounds in mocks.

Personally, I don't think Spiller would come into play unless we were in the 3rd round and could steal him there.  Maybe they pull the trigger on a Hall or Walker if they are there in the 2nd, just gonna depend on who Beane has as his BPA when we are on the clock.  Plus, there are some interesting prospects we can likely nab in 3rd or 4th if Beane wants to add a back this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Vickveto said:

7.0 ypc 

This is more like it in the third round!! Spiller looks good if he’s available in the sixth or seventh round

Really you think Spiller will fall that far ?  

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I would prefer to avoid RB before the 3rd at the earliest this year.  I’d rather Spiller or Walker later than Breece Hall early.  I think 1st -3rd should give priority to CB, WR, OT, OG, TE before I would think about a RB.

I can see a trade down situation when the Bill's first pick will become available later in the early second round and we get in effect three second round picks.  That's when you grab Spiller.  

1 hour ago, Vickveto said:

7.0 ypc 

23 minutes ago, Putin said:

Really you think Spiller will fall that far ?  

Yeah, there is no way he falls to the 6th or 7th.  I doubt he falls past the 3rd.  You never know with RB's, so maybe he shockingly falls to the 4th, but even that seems far fetched.  My guess he goes late 2nd or somewhere in the 3rd round.  

15 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

I can see a trade down situation when the Bill's first pick will become available later in the early second round and we get in effect three second round picks.  That's when you grab Spiller.  

Moving down from 25 to even 10th pick of round 2 would only net maybe a 3rd.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, there is no way he falls to the 6th or 7th.  I doubt he falls past the 3rd.  You never know with RB's, so maybe he shockingly falls to the 4th, but even that seems far fetched.  My guess he goes late 2nd or somewhere in the 3rd round.  

I just don’t think he is worth it.that’s where I would take him. I don’t think he’s going to fall that far. He’s already coming in with injury concerns I’m definitely not taking him in a second not even the third.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

It has been reported Texas A&M RB Isaiah Spiller will be a top 30 visit for the Bills.  

Basically I want the guy- and I hope the Bills pick him up somehow.  The current trend is that RB is not a value position but an elite workhorse runner has always served the Bills well in the past. 

This will come in handy as the Bills should start considering trying to reduce the mileage and wear and tear Josh Allen typically sees.  A gradual reduction through the seasons is highly recommended and Spiller seems like a long term answer.  High value in my opinion.  

Watch this video and see who he reminds you of.  Not elite explosiveness but deceptive moves, uncanny vision of the field and great hands.  Gifted football instincts.  

Lets Go ! 

Draft Scouting Report

Rating: 83.37 (Long-term starter)

Pro Comparison: Miles Sanders

Strengths:

Big, thick feature back with dynamic cutting skills, high-end vision and contact balance. Very capable hands. Made difficult grabs down the field during his college career and can handle typical out-of-the-backfield duties. Stop-and-start skill is that of a scat back. His elusiveness is actually more impressive than his contact balance, but he rarely goes down on first contact. Often had to sneak through tiny cracks between the tackles. Can make defenders miss immediately after receiving the handoff. Awareness is great. Has the eyes and flexibility to do it. Amazing how he can find creases in the defense at his size.

Weaknesses:

Long speed leaves a lot to be desired. Not as explosive as some of the other top-tier backs in this class.

Accolades:

2021: AP All-SEC second team

2021: Fifth in SEC in rush yards (1,011)

As the resident Aggie fan in this board and having watched almost every A&M game of Spillers, he actually was the 2nd best RB in his own team. 

Devon Achane is the real gem.

Spiller is solid, but he's not worthy of our 1st round pick. He's a late 2nd round guy at best right now - though this 2022 RB class is very weak at the top. Solid depth throughout the mid rounds like Spiller, Cook, and those kind of guys.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I don't follow college ball so I don't know Cook.  But looking at his highlights, he seems to  have good speed and explosiveness.  He also seem to have to be a capable receiver out of the backfield.  But he doesn't seem particularly adept at breaking tackles or eluding them.  

You compared him to McKissic... maybe he'll be a good third down back at the NFL level.  I don't see him as a good NFL runner.

I have read this time and time again.

Why aren't Bills fans following college football ?

What are they doing Saturday ? 

Are they busy painting their house or something?

2 hours ago, Kaenon said:

As the resident Aggie fan in this board and having watched almost every A&M game of Spillers, he actually was the 2nd best RB in his own team. 

Devon Achane is the real gem.

Spiller is solid, but he's not worthy of our 1st round pick. He's a late 2nd round guy at best right now - though this 2022 RB class is very weak at the top. Solid depth throughout the mid rounds like Spiller, Cook, and those kind of guys.

Agreed, I don't think or want the Bills to use their first pick on him, second round or possible trade down from round 1 or trade up from round two gaining an extra pick. 

The top dogs will be gone by then.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.