Gallup back to the cowboys 5 year 62.5 million

BillsMafi$

• BillsMafi$ changed the title to Gallup back to the cowboys 5 year 62.5 million
Just now, BTB said:

12.5 for what he has done so far, seems more than fair.  Underpaid…not IMO. 

Probably more of a reflection of the deal actually making sense, rather than say Mike Williams getting $20M per

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

Seems like a terrible deal for Gallup. What is he thinking doing 5 years at that price?

He's about to be a top 2 WR on the Cowboys. Could sign a much bigger deal in a year or two I would think.

5 years is a bit long, but a bird in the hand...especially on a team with a QB and system he's comfortable with.

I totally get not wanting to take the risk.

Edited by Chicken Boo

Don't understand the love for the guy honestly. Good, not great player. Only topped 1k once in 4 years, coming off an ACL tear and drops the rock more than you'd like to see. Over 12m a season for a WR2 with average stats seems like a decent deal for both sides.

Of course it's JMO....

• Like (+1) 1

Gallup was probably just happy they finally committed to him given they had him and Cooper and still drafted Lamb.  

Good deal for both parties.  If he out performs the deal, they can probably work something out down the road.  But this seems like a fair deal for both parties IMHO.

Money wise, Gallup + Zeke instead of Cooper seems….less than ideal. 

Not how I’d have done it. Then again, I’m just a fool on a sofa. On the other hand, Jerry Jones and I have won the same amount of Super Bowl championships in the last quarter century.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Money wise, Gallup + Zeke instead of Cooper seems….less than ideal. 

Not how I’d have done it. Then again, I’m just a fool on a sofa. On the other hand, Jerry Jones and I have won the same amount of Super Bowl championships in the last quarter century.

Never understood the Zeke contract. One of the worst moves by a franchise that I've seen. Glad Jerry got that one done. Dallas got nothing in return but a beat up RB who is on the decline.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Never understood the Zeke contract. One of the worst moves by a franchise that I've seen. Glad Jerry got that one done. Dallas got nothing in return but a beat up RB who is on the decline.

Yep. Zeke isn’t even the best running back on their roster, and his ridiculous contract just cost them a top 20 WR.

DON’T. PAY TOP DOLLAR. TO RUNNING BACkS.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Don't understand the love for the guy honestly. Good, not great player. Only topped 1k once in 4 years, coming off an ACL tear and drops the rock more than you'd like to see. Over 12m a season for a WR2 with average stats seems like a decent deal for both sides.

Of course it's JMO....

I agree. I wouldn't have paid him more than that. It's a tad on the high side for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.