Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos

Process

Just now, HappyDays said:

Eh I don't agree that this is good for the Bills. Denver has a really good roster that was only missing a QB. They are immediate Super Bowl contenders with this move and they're in our conference. The path to the Super Bowl just got a little harder.

Totally disagree.  Buffalo has the path laid out for them to get the #1 seed to get the 1st round bye and home games throughout the playoffs.  The AFC West is going to be a war of attrition throughout the year.

Does anyone legitimately think ANY team in that division will go 5-1 or 6-0 at this point?  Would anyone bet against Buffalo going 5-1 or 6-0 in the AFC East?

This is fantastic for Buffalo I think specifically because of what it does to Kansas City.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 6

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Are you saying this as though Wilson is old?  33 is pretty young for NFL QBs who actually bother to take care of themselves nowadays... and Wilson does just that.

He just not at his peak level and even the great QBs level off. I never felt Russell was elite at his best as he was helped by a great rushing offense and defense when he was making Super Bowls earlier in his career. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The West is gonna beat itself up though. It is bad news for us in 2023 when we play that division...... for 2022 I agree with those who say this makes KC's route to hosting us again in the playoffs considerably harder. 

This will slightly increase our chance of being the #1 seed. But it also increases our chance of having to play multiple top 10 QBs en route to the Super Bowl. The less QBs in the AFC the better IMO.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Even with all that - I think Denver won the trade so far.  

I agree. It is this year's draft and next year's. Wilson is gonna play 5 or 6 more seasons. What else do they "need"? A couple more pieces on the oline? Sure. Maybe a linebacker or two, fine. But they have a top 6 Quarterback, three good receivers, two backs, one of the best young corners in football in the same secondary as one of the best young safeties in football. The still have Bradley Chubb up front. They have a LOT of pieces. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

This will slightly increase our chance of being the #1 seed. But it also increases our chance of having to play multiple top 10 QBs en route to the Super Bowl. The less QBs in the AFC the better IMO.

Well the Bills have the best QB in the league. If we fix the defensive issues, who cares what other QB's do. Allen can score more than any of them, as long as, the D stops them occasionally! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

So it looks like:

SEAHAWKS GET: Drew Lock, Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, 2 first rounders, a fifth rounder

BRONCOS GET: Wilson, a 4th rounder

What a steal for Denver. 

Seattle also got two second round picks. And one of the 1sts is the ninth overall. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Shocked 2

1. The Seahawks are fools. They essentially chose 70 year old Pete Caroll over Russell Wilson. They should have fired Caroll two years ago and done everything they could to salvage the relationship with Wilson. High quality starting QBs are so hard to find, and they shipped one out for what amounts to peanuts.

2. I guess the Broncos are never going to have to draft a QB again. They can just keep scooping up the Mannings and Wilsons of the world when those players' teams are foolish enough to let them go.

3. Can someone check on Buddy Nix and see if he's even AWAKE? Other AFC teams making big moves, and the Bills are asleep at the switch as usual.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I suppose I just wouldn't fear the Broncos at home in the playoffs, even though this trade makes them a pretty complete team. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Right now Sean McDermott's teams are 3-0 at home in the playoffs and 0-4 on the road.

Until we lose a home playoff game, I think it's a hard argument to make that significantly increased odds of being at home throughout the playoffs is a negative.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

If Denver is playing to win a Super Bowl the next two seasons sure but I don't think they have the running game/defense to take them to a championship. 

I don’t believe this is a 2 year window.  They had a talented defense and multiple stud WRs, but lacked a QB to make plays.  They lost several games last year where the defense fought all game to keep them close and their QBs couldn’t do anything.

I think Wilson greatly elevates the offense and he gets WRs involved.  I don’t think their running game is great, but it similar to Seattles - they were 50 yards apart for the year and one team had a QB.

I also think this helps with the team sale and the fan excitement- this is a splash move unlike the crap that has been talked about for the Bills.

I think this is a great move for Denver and I hope it helps the Bills in the long run by hurting KC and LA.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Eh I don't agree that this is good for the Bills. Denver has a really good roster that was only missing a QB. They are immediate Super Bowl contenders with this move and they're in our conference. The path to the Super Bowl just got a little harder.

I don't think so....If Bills do what they are supposed to they are 1 seed in AFC...win two games at home at go to SB. Having on more "good team" doesn't chnage that...the teams they play in the playoffs are going to be good no matter what

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He just not at his peak level and even the great QBs level off. I never felt Russell was elite at his best as he was helped by a great rushing offense and defense when he was making Super Bowls earlier in his career. 

He definitely was elite as recently as 2 years ago. There is a legit viewpoint though that says even accounting for the known injury this past year there were some signs of regression but one would need to see if that was just a guy never quite healthy in 2021 or a guy genuinely on the downslope. One presumes the former. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Lmao, Russ had 42 TD's and 13 picks with 4700 total yards 1 year ago.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Seattle traded two 1st rounders for Jamal Adams.  

That team has been second only to Houston in poor personnel moves in the last 5 years. The last 1st rounder they gave a second contract to was Earl Thomas. Let that sink in. John Schneider has been bad since the guys Pete recruited in college stopped coming out. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

1. The Seahawks are fools. They essentially chose 70 year old Pete Caroll over Russell Wilson. They should have fired Caroll two years ago and done everything they could to salvage the relationship with Wilson. High quality starting QBs are so hard to find, and they shipped one out for what amounts to peanuts.

2. I guess the Broncos are never going to have to draft a QB again. They can just keep scooping up the Mannings and Wilsons of the world when those players' teams are foolish enough to let them go.

3. Can someone check on Buddy Nix and see if he's even AWAKE? Other AFC teams making big moves, and the Bills are asleep at the switch as usual.

Have you seen the QBs they pick when they draft - that is the only way they have ever acquired good QBs.  Elway, Manning, Wilson - none of the drafted.

Locke, Osweiler, Cutler, Tebow - uggh gross.

If you can make the trade - celebrate it and move on.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I don’t believe this is a 2 year window.  They had a talented defense and multiple stud WRs, but lacked a QB to make plays.  They lost several games last year where the defense fought all game to keep them close and their QBs couldn’t do anything.

I think Wilson greatly elevates the offense and he gets WRs involved.  I don’t think their running game is great, but it similar to Seattles - they were 50 yards apart for the year and one team had a QB.

I also think this helps with the team sale and the fan excitement- this is a splash move unlike the crap that has been talked about for the Bills.

I think this is a great move for Denver and I hope it helps the Bills in the long run by hurting KC and LA.

I never thought of it that way but I think you are correct.

Still I think the Broncos overpaid for an aged QB and mortgaged a lot of their future.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that. We gotta root that Deshaun Watson eventually goes to the NFC (not AFCE). The AFC Is absolutely loaded.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I never thought of it that way but I think you are correct.

Still I think the Broncos overpaid for an aged QB and mortgaged a lot of their future.

possible but they have some good young talented players...watching them the last few years always thinking if only they had a QB?

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Your gonna have a lot of Bills fans … shoot fans in general … talk themselves into thinking it’s good for their team.

Hint for you…

It’s not.

17 minutes ago, mannc said:

I mean, I guess they could roll with Drew Lock this year...or maybe this becomes a Trubisky landing spot.  I'm having a hard time seeing the 'Hawks giving up a lot to move up to 1 overall when there's a good chance Willis and/or Pickett will be there at 9...plus, they're already short on picks because of the insane Jamal Adams trade, so it's not like they're suddenly swimming in high draft picks.  I could see them giving up one of their seconds to move up a few slots if a QB they like is there, though...   

Yea they might not need to go to #1 but this for the first time is a scenario where I can see it. Them getting ahead of Carolina to make sure they get Willis with a trade to one of the New York teams is very possible now IMO. I don't think they make this trade to roll Drew Lock out there and say "he's the guy." Rolling him out and saying "he is the next 6 weeks" I could see. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Your gonna have a lot of Bills fans … shoot fans in general … talk themselves into thinking it’s good for their team.

Hint for you…

It’s not.

Yeah, I'm not sure how it helps the Bills, other than maybe making it a bit harder for KC to get home-field advantage...

11 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Melvin Gordan is an UFA and no guarantee he re-signs. Noah Fant was there most consistent passing option whom they traded away. Time will tell but I think Denver is 10-7 this season and might miss the playoffs again because lack of running and defense. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea they might not need to go to #1 but this for the first time is a scenario where I can see it. Them getting ahead of Carolina to make sure they get Willis with a trade to one of the New York teams is very possible now IMO. I don't think they make this trade to roll Drew Lock out there and say "he's the guy." Rolling him out and saying "he is the next 6 weeks" I could see. 

I suppose they could also roll with Geno Smith in 2022😄

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Melvin Gordan is an UFA and no guarantee he re-signs. Noah Fant was there most consistent passing option whom they traded away. Time will tell but I think Denver is 10-7 this season and might miss the playoffs again because lack of running and defense. 

Jerry Jeudy, Tim Patrick, Javonte Wiliams....they'll be good on offense. They have a good defense too

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.