Per Adam Schefter: Cowboys likely to release Amari Cooper

Greg S

10 hours ago, dpberr said:

He and Jaylon Smith lost their passion for playing football.  Perhaps being on the Cowboys does that.  

If I were his agent, I'd be looking to sign a 1-year prove it deal where he goes out and performs to his very capable level, and then go out and get another contract. 

But not in Buffalo.   

You would be fired.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Greg S said:

I don't expect Cooper in Buffalo but he would have to be willing to restructure that contract. But with him added to the WR's we have that would be fun to watch. Again I don't think its happening either.

He won't have a contract to restructure if he's released. He'll be free to sign with any team for whatever amount.

I don't follow the Cowboys at all so I don't know anything about Cooper's effort or love for the game. I have seen him absolutely dominate a few games over the last few years. I've also seen him completely disappear at times.

A 6'2" 210lb outside wr with 4.43 speed is definitely something the Bills need. 

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

You would be fired.

Not necessarily. Cooper has already made 75 million dollars in his career.  As it stands right now, coming off his production last season and the way he disappeared down the stretch, he's not going to get a huge chunk of guaranteed money.  A 1 year deal is essentially fully guaranteed money at this point in his career and if he felt like betting on himself he could theoretically afford to take a deal like that to go somewhere to have a huge statistical season, potentially win a Super Bowl, and then be FA again going into his age 29 season.  It would be pretty ballsy but it's its not unprecedented.

17 hours ago, Greg S said:

They have a lot of Cap space and Joe Douglas has already mentioned in the NY media the need to get Wilson some weapons on offense. So it wouldn't surprise me if they sign him.

Does Zack have a strong arm for deep ball? He looks like a kitty so I'm jaded, but I think his arms pretty lively.

Gunna be an expensive mistake if they can't buy him time to get open though

20 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Here's what Cooper had to say when asked about Buffalo in 2020:

https://theathletic.com/1569231/2020/01/29/are-the-bills-shaking-the-siberian-stigma-it-depends-what-matters-to-nfl-players-in-free-agency?source=user-shared-article

AKA "I don't want to play football if it means being uncomfortable." If a player is dismissing an entire climate, that tells me his heart isn't really in it.

build a dome, FA problem solved.  😜👍

6 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Ya as Bills fans we can't really talk, we paid Vernon butler to drink Gatorade on the sidelines 

Valid point ha. 

Cowboys to overrated skill players is Bills to overrated rotational defensive linemen

7 minutes ago, teef said:

i would pay money to see the look on prescott's face when that was said.  cooper can bring the heat.

For that comment alone, Cooper has gone up in my estimation. ;) 

Absolutely priceless.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.