Aaron Rodgers to the Titans ?? [Titans say "No"]

Buffalo Barbarian

5 hours ago, TBBills said:

Not really since Rodgers was never behind Bill Belichick's shadow.

He has been complaining about GB management for years, losing wideouts, disliking their coaches and still being THE top QB, 

He will show us what he could have done in a good organization that listens to him.

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Tannehill’s contract is a $38M cap hit for this season.  Unless Rodgers plans to play for $0, I can’t see this happening 

True but Rodgers did say he was open to playing for the Titans. I wasnt aware that greenbay had to trade him i thought he was basically going to be a free agent.

Not asking you to answer this but i am curious as to why he wants to live in Nashville?

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

We heard the same story last year. Here's what's about to happen.

Rodgers talk will be intensified. Packers slap the franchise tag on Adams. Packers resign MVS. Rodgers takes it down to the wire for maximum attention. Retirement talk is on the table. Rodgers reports to Packers training camp. Packers lose in playoffs.

Added bonus spoiler: Russ Wilson will remain a Seahawk.

could be but i think Rodgers goes this year, he cant play Bret Favre forever

6 hours ago, TH3 said:

So he has already orchestrated a trade…whoa

Maybe, maybe he just likes Nashville but stay in another NFL city during the season.

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Aaron Rodgers to the Titans ?? [speculation based on property purchase]
1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

He has been complaining about GB management for years, losing wideouts, disliking their coaches and still being THE top QB, 

He will show us what he could have done in a good organization that listens to him.

Must have been brutal having to play with Davante Adams and Aaron Jones the past 3-4 years.  And bums like M V-S who averaged 19 YPC for 1100 yards and 9 TDs in past 27 games (missed some games this year) and Dillon who in his second season had nearly as many rushing yards and more yards from scrimmage total than any RB on the Bills roster.  

Gotta suck when you have "no weapons".  

Rodgers can come over to the AFC and choke away in the playoffs to Josh Allan/Bills for the remainder of his career.   Rodgers, Peterson and J Jones can play canasta in the locker room

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Must have been brutal having to play with Davante Adams and Aaron Jones the past 3-4 years.  And bums like M V-S who averaged 19 YPC for 1100 yards and 9 TDs in past 27 games (missed some games this year) and Dillon who in his second season had nearly as many rushing yards and more yards from scrimmage total than any RB on the Bills roster.  

Gotta suck when you have "no weapons".  

Rodgers can come over to the AFC and choke away in the playoffs to Josh Allan/Bills for the remainder of his career.   Rodgers, Peterson and J Jones can play canasta in the locker room

I am not a fan of Rodgers but he would say he created a lot of those receivers, like Jake Kumerow. I say, let him go somewhere and proof he us greater than everyone thinks. It worked for a certain Lions QB, who turned to the Rams gir glory.

9 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I am not a fan of Rodgers but he would say he created a lot of those receivers, like Jake Kumerow. I say, let him go somewhere and proof he us greater than everyone thinks. It worked for a certain Lions QB, who turned to the Rams gir glory.

"created" a scrub WR (by throwing him 20 passes in 2 years, no less!)?  lol--ok, he can have that one.

The inescapable points are that they put talent on the roster, enough to get him his first MVP in 6 years, and that the Packers aren't going to win another SB with Rodgers as QB.

Also, "a certain Lions QB" actually returned the Rams to glory 3 years ago......

Quick, name another QB, who, beginning his second season (his first full season as a starter) would go on to win 42 games in the next 4 seasons, lead a number 1 and number 2 scoring offense in consecutive seasons, lead his team to their first playoff appearance in 13 years (and in 3 of his 4 seasons) and to their first SB appearance in 22 years....who was then traded.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

could be but i think Rodgers goes this year, he cant play Bret Favre forever

Maybe, maybe he just likes Nashville but stay in another NFL city during the season.

I think Aaron has some country music interest and possibly work in that post nfl since he burned the jeopardy bridge

• Agree 1

I'm not sure what to think of Green Bay's roster.

On one hand, it seems like they have a lot of star players, but then again the offense is Adams and whoever else. 

This is why I hope the Bills just keep adding weapons for Allen. Diggs, Davis, Knox, Beasley, and a rookie WR that is big and fast along with a super fast option at RB would be nice to see. 

Just score 30-35 points per game and hope you defense can force a punt or two. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

"created" a scrub WR (by throwing him 20 passes in 2 years, no less!)?  lol--ok, he can have that one.

The inescapable points are that they put talent on the roster, enough to get him his first MVP in 6 years, and that the Packers aren't going to win another SB with Rodgers as QB.

Also, "a certain Lions QB" actually returned the Rams to glory 3 years ago......

Quick, name another QB, who, beginning his second season (his first full season as a starter) would go on to win 42 games in the next 4 seasons, lead a number 1 and number 2 scoring offense in consecutive seasons, lead his team to their first playoff appearance in 13 years (and in 3 of his 4 seasons) and to their first SB appearance in 22 years....who was then traded.

Quick, who is the  qb in his 1st yr on the team  who got Rams to SB? And maybe a victory. Rams have not had glory for a long time.

So I guess you consider Rodgers a poor qb. Hmmmm

He has been a top qb in the NFL for a long time

19 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

On Wednesday, a new report linked the Green Bay quarterback to Nashville, the home of the Tennessee Titans, amid uncertainty about his NFL future.

Rodgers purchased land in Franklin, Tenn., and is currently building a house in the Nashville suburb, according to Jared Stillman of 102.5 “The Game,” who said the reigning Super Bowl MVP would be “open” to joining the Titans.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/03/aaron-rodgers-tennessee-purchase-sparks-titans-rumors/

If im Rodgers im going to San Fran or Tampa. The AFC is loaded with QBs and would be a lot harder to make the Superbowl in the American conference. San Francisco should have made it to the Superbowl except Garrapolo has bone head interceptions, if Rodgers is there they could be lethal and he would finally have a team around him instead of being the one man gang.

San Fran just beat Rodgers with the Jimmy G. and have already drafted their QB for the future. Seems unlikely.  Rodgers on Titans (this years #1 seed) makes them the instant AFC favorite next year. 

36 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Quick, who is the  qb in his 1st yr on the team  who got Rams to SB? And maybe a victory. Rams have not had glory for a long time.

So I guess you consider Rodgers a poor qb. Hmmmm

He has been a top qb in the NFL for a long time

1.  the old veteran walked onto the stacked team and so far has gotten that team as far as Goff had--and they dumped Goff not long after.  Goff's SB team scored 67 more points in a season with 1 less game and was #2 in scoring, with a bottom half Defense.  If glory is only a SB win then there hasn't been much glory for many teams  in a long time. Most would disagree with you and describe the SB Bills run as "glory years".  

2. Rodgers is a great QB (who says otherwise?).  He's also a whiner. Winners call the shots and 2010 was a long time ago. 

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

San Fran just beat Rodgers with the Jimmy G. and have already drafted their QB for the future. Seems unlikely.  Rodgers on Titans (this years #1 seed) makes them the instant AFC favorite next year. 

Over the Bills?  No chance.

12 hours ago, papazoid said:

not sure how Nash gets out from the $58.4 mil in Dead Cap on Tannehill

10 hours ago, DJB said:

I think Tannehil has a huge cap hit if he is cut or traded. Perhaps the Rodgers scenario really isn't feasible. 

Any cap crunchers confirm this? 

6 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Tannehill’s contract is a $38M cap hit for this season.  Unless Rodgers plans to play for $0, I can’t see this happening 

If Tannehill was traded post-June the Titans would only take a ~$9M dead cap hit in 2022 and a ~$18M dead cap hit in 2023. That's certainly workable and the timelines for what Rodgers and Henry have left in the tank (1-2 years) line up. The difficulty lies in finding a trade partner -- the Titans would actually have to give up picks to entice a team to take on Tannehill's contract. The Panthers could make it work if they are ready to move on from Darnold, but that would still require a lot of heavy lifting numbers wise. It's certainly not likely, but it is possible.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

True but Rodgers did say he was open to playing for the Titans. I wasnt aware that greenbay had to trade him i thought he was basically going to be a free agent.

Not asking you to answer this but i am curious as to why he wants to live in Nashville?

Maybe he wants to be Rex Ryan's neighbor.  

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

1.  the old veteran walked onto the stacked team and so far has gotten that team as far as Goff had--and they dumped Goff not long after.  Goff's SB team scored 67 more points in a season with 1 less game and was #2 in scoring, with a bottom half Defense.  If glory is only a SB win then there hasn't been much glory for many teams  in a long time. Most would disagree with you and describe the SB Bills run as "glory years".  

2. Rodgers is a great QB (who says otherwise?).  He's also a whiner. Winners call the shots and 2010 was a long time ago. 

So far we can't beat the Titans with Tannehill. And you are quite sure the world will favor the Bills over the Titans with Rodgers.  Completely comical. 

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I have no idea what your point is. It is likely AR will change teams to prove his greatness, in his mind. 

22 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Makes a million times more sense then him going to the Broncos. As good as he is he might not even make the playoffs in that division. He goes to Tennessee and he's probably going out of divisional round every year again after wrapping up the first round bye.

That would be the best division in football.  A lot for Rodgers to work with in Denver.  People would soon be reminded of just how good Courtland Sutton is.

rodgers is under team control for all of 2022.

his renegotiated deal is only voidable by him for 2023.

if i'm GB i'd be willing to trade him for a couple of #1's and eat some dead cap...... but any new team would only do that with a contract extension....so rogers has some say where he goes, because he will likely want a short term record breaking deal....say 2 yr / $100 mil....only a few teams have the cap space for that.....thats alot of moving parts for this drama king

to me, the odds are he will play out the year in GB and become an UFA in 2023 where he has full control

15 hours ago, Chaos said:

So far we can't beat the Titans with Tannehill. And you are quite sure the world will favor the Bills over the Titans with Rodgers.  Completely comical. 

I'm quite sure, barring dumb coaching decisions in game (see: Bills-Titans).

15 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

I have no idea what your point is. It is likely AR will change teams to prove his greatness, in his mind. 

you said I didn't think he was a great player.  I was correcting you.

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Really? Based on what? Did you get that from Joe Rogan?

Utter nonsense considering the more talented teams in the AFC.

Titans were this years number 1 seed. With Ryan freaking Tannehill.  A 100x upgrade at QB.  Rodgers performs at a level equal to Allen and Mahomes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.