Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

20 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Attorney: Mr. Belichick, when you sent the first text message, did you think you were texting Brian Daboll?

BB: Ahh, I don't know. I just gotta text better. 

Attorney: But who were you trying to text? 

BB: yeah I already answered that. Nobody texted well all day. 

BB:  We need to get to Cincinnati...do they have any coaches named Brian?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

Why does that make them bad?

It’s one of those having to address the elephant in the room things that teams are likely just interviewing guys they have no interest in hiring to fulfill the Rooney rule.  Unless the giants had a previous interview that fulfilled the Rooney rule? Not sure 

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

There’s definitely racism in hiring.  I don’t think Flores is the best example though.  Leslie Frazier or Eric Bienemey would be better examples 

Oh god, Frazier or Bienemey haven’t gotten a HC job due to their race? There’s zero evidence of this. Idiotic to suggest there is. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Why does that make them bad?

It makes them look bad for picking their pick before interviewing him.  That being said, they did do two interviews with Frazier as well so it's not like they violated the rule.  They just made their choice and decided to keep the interview instead of cancelling it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I'm sure that all of this is nothing new. As someone mentioned above, Frazer interviewed with the NYG after Daboll too. But because Flores realized that he's not getting another HC job because of all the stuff that Ross and the Dolphins' GM is spreading around the league about him being difficult to work with, he decided to torch all the bridges to get one final NFL payday before going to college. That's my speculation. 

College isn't bringing him in. If he interviews and doesn't get it I wouldn't risk the lawsuit if I was the AD.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s one of those having to address the elephant in the room things that teams are likely just interviewing guys they have no interest in hiring to fulfill the Rooney rule.  Unless the giants had a previous interview that fulfilled the Rooney rule? Not sure 

Frazier had a 1st and 2nd interview with them.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sure. In theory. But look at who gets NFL jobs now? Sons of coaches. How are you supposed to break in that old boys network?

It's a multi-billion dollar lawsuit.  Look at the disgusting criminals that still put a uniform on every Sunday!  Why do they get repeated chances? Because whoever puts the team in position for most wins, WILL see the field.  There's no racism towards hiring coaches.  If there is nepotism, its because of familiarity. Every time a new HC comes in they clean out the whole old staff for "their guys."

NOBODY is hiring sub-par coaching talent because of anyones skin color!  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think an admission that your team went through the motions simply to comply with the rules should still come with a penalty; regardless of how one feels about the rule.

I think the rule invites that kind of hypocrisy. You can disapprove of it, but there isn't going to be any legal sanction to address it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

It makes them look bad for picking their pick before interviewing him.  That being said, they did do two interviews with Frazier as well so it's not like they violated the rule.  They just made their choice and decided to keep the interview instead of cancelling it.

I wouldn't think interviewing the same guy twice would count for interviewing two minority candidates.

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

It's a multi-billion dollar lawsuit.  Look at the disgusting criminals that still put a uniform on every Sunday!  Why do they get repeated chances? Because whoever puts the team in position for most wins, WILL see the field.  There's no racism towards hiring coaches.  If there is nepotism, its because of familiarity. Every time a new HC comes in they clean out the whole old staff for "their guys."

NOBODY is hiring sub-par coaching talent because of anyones skin color!  

People make terrible hiring decision all the time, just look at Adam Gase with the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

The text says it’s from January 11th and that divisional game wasn’t until the 23rd so, if this is true, it has to be for another reason.

Didn’t catch that at first. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Another potential massive subplot here to monitor is does this story lead to Belichik stepping down as Patriots HC and retiring because of the unintended distraction?

While he certainly didn't do anything wrong here, he's never going to be able to dodge the media asking about this over and over again throughout the offseason and into next year.

Would really suck if that's how the best head coach in NFL history's career comes to an end..

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Maybe they made the decision but said let's keep the interview and just make 100% sure this guy doesn't change our mind.  Maybe,  just maybe it's more professional,  respectful and courteous than Flores took it.  

I think just saying they're automatically bad is part of the problem. 

• Like (+1) 5

59 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Flores pulling the race card?? Shocker. 

He will never get another nfl job. 

It sounds like it’s not just a card in this instance.

The Giants interviewed him 3 days after already deciding on Daboll.

That is a complete sham.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Maybe they made the decision but said let's keep the interview and just make 100% sure this guy doesn't change our mind.  Maybe,  just maybe it's more professional,  respectful and courteous than Flores took it.  

I think just saying they're automatically bad is part of the problem. 

There are reports that Daboll was the pick when Schoen was hired. That the entire process was a complete sham.

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Another potential massive subplot here to monitor is does this story lead to Belichik stepping down as Patriots HC and retiring because of the unintended distraction?

While he certainly didn't do anything wrong here, he's never going to be able to dodge the media asking about this over and over again throughout the offseason and into next year.

Would really suck if that's how the best head coach in NFL history's career comes to an end..

I doubt it he’ll just say he meant that the giants liked Daboll for the job and that it wasn’t confirmed yaddayadda

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

After this text though I think? I’m not 100% sure…these supposed texts were from weeks ago 

From what u can tell it was from last week. He interviewed on the 27th and he stated that he's interviewing in Thursday in the texts. 

Frazier 1st was the 22nd and 2nd was the 28th.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

It sounds like it’s not just a card in this instance.

The Giants interviewed him 3 days after already deciding on Daboll.

That is a complete sham.

One created by a terrible rule. They were just doing what was required. Or does the last man interviewed need to be given the job even though you got. your guy? The Giants didn’t announce this publicly, this is allegedly some private conversation. 

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I'm not saying this isn't a legitimate thing in the NFL, but I'm not sure this Giants case is it.

That was in response to someone saying he'll never coach in the NFL again.  As his quote states, he knows that.  No idea if he's got a good case against the Giants? 

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Ah so they interviewed Frazier once? That makes it look a little better 

They had from what I can tell.  I'm just going by when the news articles were posted about who interviewed when and it looks like he was interviewed the week prior to the texts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

There are reports that Daboll was the pick when Schoen was hired. That the entire process was a complete sham.

And so what if it was? They were FORCED to proceed with the sham. It’s the NFL and people like to work with people they know and get along with. Kind of like political appointees. Do you think those are pretty well pre determined ? It’s how the world works. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

And so what if it was? They were FORCED to proceed with the sham. It’s the NFL and people like to work with people they know and get along with. Kind of like political appointees. Do you think those are pretty well pre determined ? It’s how the world works. 

They were FORCED to forego the Rooney Rule?

ummmmmmm?

Not sure that's a valid excuse.

1 minute ago, TPS said:

That was in response to someone saying he'll never coach in the NFL again.  As his quote states, he knows that.  No idea if he's got a good case against the Giants? 

Sure, I was more responding to what was in the tweet than anything else.

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

cant believe im saying this, but the fish have replaced the jets as the worst run franchise in this division. they are the joke now

Feels like they've swapped places a little, Jets feel like they might start to figure some stuff out like the Dolphins were with Florez.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The hiring process is not a sham - people will hire who they want to hire, in all types of jobs.  It happens all the time and has nothing to do with race.  What is a sham is the rule that states there must be a minority interviewed.  Get rid of the rule.

• Dislike 1

how the fish treated flores was bad. they framed him as an ####### who didnt communicate with his staff. the other teams probably werent going to hire him just off of that. so now he has to go scorched earth bc he knows his chances of becoming a HC are done for, and that he is just a rooney rule candidate now.

its messed up what the fish did to him. he deserves his

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.