Mario Addison update?

Simon

Anybody know what's up with his shoulder?

He's a bit of a dog in the regular season but he's got a playoff motor that might get us a couple key plays a game going forward.

Good guy to have around if he's healthy.

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

He's a bit of a dog in the regular season but he's got a playoff motor that might get us a couple key plays a game going forward.

I didn't hear.........was it definitely a shoulder?    He looked disoriented and stumbled badly when he finally got up,   not sure if that was televised,   I thought he was concussed.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I didn't hear.........was it definitely a shoulder?    He looked disoriented and stumbled badly when he finally got up,   not sure if that was televised,   I thought he was concussed.

Yeah.  They said it was his shoulder along the bottom line on the NFLN this morning.  No mention of how serious it was 

that said.  He’s been solid but I think Obada is an adequate replacement 

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah.  They said it was his shoulder along the bottom line on the NFLN this morning.  No mention of how serious it was 

You mean it's too late to sign/activate Shaq Lawson? :rolleyes:

Actually I kind of wish they'd got that done now.

15 minutes ago, Simon said:

I saw him come out of the medical tent, and stay on the sideline with helmet.

That doesn't rule out anything serious, but would think he would have immediately went to locker room if it was bad.  He was clearly favoring the shoulder and writhing in pain on field, but after he got up he looked OK walking off.

Hope for best, probably.more info come out tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You mean it's too late to sign/activate Shaq Lawson? :rolleyes:

Actually I kind of wish they'd got that done now.

Not sure the rules tbh.  I think Shaq would be eligible…..but not 💯 

I’d rather have Obada out there instead of Shaq 

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Just like you thought Beas was yelling at Coach last week? Kidding kidding.

It was definitely a shoulder, saw him favoring it while being checked on the field but saw him walk out of the medical tent and stay on sideline.

Hopefully minor, agree with @Simon that Mario can be a key piece as we play a pass heavy team next week (either KC or Cincy). 

• Haha (+1) 1

I will take you guys word for it because I didn't see how he got injured........and I know this is not great for player safety...........but I know that sometimes players fake a different injury when they get concussed because there is no protocol for muscle and joint injuries so they want people to think that it's something else until after they get checked in the tent.      Sometimes you get a concussion and moments later you feel totally fine.........maybe better even.........then the effects kick in later when the brain swells.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Lead the team in sacks. A dog?

For as many snaps as he gets, 20 tackles and falling into some coverage sacks isn't exactly eye-popping.

He takes a lot of plays off in the reg season but seems to pick things up when the chips are down in the postseason.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I will take you guys word for it because I didn't see how he got injured........and I know this is not great for player safety...........but I know that sometimes players fake a different injury when they get concussed because there is no protocol for muscle and joint injuries so they want people to think that it's something else until after they get checked in the tent.      Sometimes you get a concussion and moments later you feel totally fine.........maybe better even.........then the effects kick in later when the brain swells.

I think it was probably legit in this case.

Didn't really hit his head or snap his neck, but did fall on the shoulder awkwardly while he was fully extended.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I hope he is fine, luckily the Bills have some depth at DE and rotate a lot. Between Groot, Hughes, Boogie, AJ and Efe they have the ability to find decent players to take the snaps. However, Addision is probably one of the better DE's on the roster esp in more clutch situations so it would be a loss but not a devastating one in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

57 minutes ago, Simon said:

He led the team in sacks.  He’s a decent player.  

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If really concussed, I doubt if one has the wherewithal to do this.

Hope he's okay, hate to see a player get hurt especially in the postseason when they worked so hard to get here. 

With that said,  from a football stand point... Inconsequential, easily replaceable.  I'd actually welcome more Obada.

Edited by ArtVandalay

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

:flirt:

That would be "No.  Not at This Time."  And if it were so, doubt Obada would have been inactive last night with the DE rotation involving Hughes, Addison, Epenesa, Rousseau, and Basham.

5 hours ago, Simon said:

You guys know when in the game/which play this happened?

4 hours ago, Mark92 said:

I've sprained my AC joint before.  Pretty sure there are different grades of the sprain.  Mine didn't allow me to carry or lift anything for 2 months.  Hopefully his isn't that bad. 

Me also...I still remember the doctor checking by having me hold my arm out straight to my side at shoulder level and him putting two fingers in the little "crease" of the shoulder and me screaming like a little girl because it hurt so bad.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That would be "No.  Not at This Time."  And if it were so, doubt Obada would have been inactive last night with the DE rotation involving Hughes, Addison, Epenesa, Rousseau, and Basham.

It was around the middle of the 3rd qrtr I think.

There's a replay of it somewhere upthread.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Lead the team in sacks. A dog?

yep
Watched him enough during the season and how his effort was lacking.
Good game and hustle from him against Pats though. Credit deserved

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

yep
Watched him enough during the season and how his effort was lacking.
Good game and hustle from him against Pats though. Credit deserved

That said He is Ours and I always wish him well. Hoping he can just rub some dirt on it and get back on the filed for next weeks game 

Go Bills

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, Obada isn’t an adequate replacement?  Dude hadn’t practiced much in 2 weeks due to injury. I could be wrong, but I feel that him not practicing much had as much to do with him being inactive as the crazy depth we have along the OL.

addison has been the better player this year, no question…..but I see Obada as capable.  I think he’s better than AJ and similar to Basham.  Adequate….. nothing more.

19 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

People probably don't want to hear it but he's probably been our most consistent DE this year.

He has the best pressure per snap ratio of the ends. He pressured the Quarterback at a ratio of roughly 1 in every 19 defensive snaps played. Obada, Rousseau and Hughes all round about 1 in every 22. Epenesa 1 in every 24. Basham 1 in every 33. 

I don't think his all around game has been better than Rousseau's but Mario has had a nice year as a rotational backup. More production this year on 45% of defensive snaps than last year on 61% of defensive snaps. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He has the best pressure per snap ratio of the ends. He pressured the Quarterback at a ratio of roughly 1 in every 19 defensive snaps played. Obada, Rousseau and Hughes all round about 1 in every 22. Epenesa 1 in every 24. Basham 1 in every 33. 

I don't think his all around game has been better than Rousseau's but Mario has had a nice year as a rotational backup. More production this year on 45% of defensive snaps than last year on 61% of defensive snaps. 

LOL

@ArtVandalay

19 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

People probably don't want to hear it but he's probably been our most consistent DE this year.

I said this as well and one poster ripped me for it lol.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He's a significant player on the top rated defense in the NFL.

He made a huge play stopping Harris on the 3rd and 3, running him out of bounds short of the marker. Forced a punt and I'm pretty certain that we scored a touchdown on our next drive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He's a significant player on the top rated defense in the NFL.

He made a huge play stopping Harris on the 3rd and 3, running him out of bounds short of the marker. Forced a punt and I'm pretty certain that we scored a touchdown on our next drive.

He did that was an excellent play. I have no issue with the way Mario has played this year. He has had a good year. I think using him less has helped that. At his age I think 45% of the snaps is right around his sweet spot. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He did that was an excellent play. I have no issue with the way Mario has played this year. He has had a good year. I think using him less has helped that. At his age I think 45% of the snaps is right around his sweet spot. 

I think slimming up helped him be quicker off the ball.  He was shaped like a Mall Santa Clause the prior years.

20 hours ago, Simon said:

a dog?  I noticed him as being one of our better D-lineman.. Seemed to have made more plays then the others

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.