1/16/22 - Around the NFL - NFL Super Wildcard Weekend 4:30 PM ET - Niners at the Boys

BuffaloBill

38 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Every single play the ref has to spot the ball. The fact that Dak didn’t know that is hilarious. 

surely he knew it but going 100 mph you aren’t thinking. Coach should’ve reminded him with the call… “hey it’s a keeper, get down before 15 yards and hand the ball to the ref so he can spot it”

The Dallas Cowboys are a collection of individuals rather than a team led by an awful head coach who wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for Aaron Rodgers and a meddling owner who spent $2 billion or more on a stadium where you can't see in one direction due to the sun and punts hit the video screen. 

Sorry for Diggs' brother but otherwise screw that team and their fans. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

College game has it figured out and it’s not a difficult thing to do. The ref spotting the ball never looked as to where it belonged he just moved it to move it.

i just pulled it up and not only does he move it back - he recognizes that the slide started and the side judge was marking almost 1.5 yards further back, but the judge knows if he tries to move it that far time will definitely expire - so he actually favors the Cowboys and let’s them try to spike it almost 1.5 yards further up field than where he slide.

The Ref actually helped the Cowboys and you are blaming him.  Ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Ugh, that's fans throwing things at the officiating crew as they leave the field! 

Yeah, a Cowboy was in there and he deflected something with his helmet, but that was just friendly fire.

Who the hell is Jane Slater?  

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Ugh, that's fans throwing things at the officiating crew as they leave the field! 

Yeah, a Cowboy was in there and he deflected something with his helmet, but that was just friendly fire.

Who the hell is Jane Slater?  

It is disgusting that the fans would do that and hopefully they will be identified and they should be banned for life.

What is even more disappointing is the reaction of some of the players - notably Dak that condemns it until he learns it was the Refs they were throwing at and then gives pseudo approval.  The players that give this life and any approval should also face punishment- fines or even a suspension.  They should condemn this to the fullest at all time.

This also goes for Bill’s fans and players and the throwing of a sex toy on the field.  That fan should be kicked out for life and the players should condemn it - even if funny.  

Dildos/beer bottles any of that stuff could easily hit someone doing their job and not facing the field and do harm/injury and it should be punished fully.  

• Like (+1) 1

It’s weird to say, because it is not our job, but it is our responsibility to eradicate prejudice and ignorance around the league.

Because as hard as it is to believe there are still those out there…STILL to this day…who think Dak Prescott is better than Josh Allen at QB.

This isn’t just Skip Bayless disease, but an American disease.

Please will you help those who need it most?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

What I cannot figure out is what that quarterback run would have done for them, even if it was successful.

There were 14 seconds left, and no timeouts, at the 40 yard line. This would allow the Cowboys to take 2, or maybe 3 shots at the end zone.

If the running play were successful along with the spike afterwards, this would allow the Cowboys to take only one shot at the end zone from the 25 yard line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

What I cannot figure out is what that quarterback run would have done for them, even if it was successful.

There were 14 seconds left, and no timeouts, at the 40 yard line. This would allow the Cowboys to take 2, or maybe 3 shots at the end zone.

If the running play were successful along with the spike afterwards, this would allow the Cowboys to take only one shot at the end zone from the 25 yard line.

That is exactly the point (and just off the phone saying that to a friend).  Would have had 2 shots I imagine.  A dumb, dumb, dumb call.

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When you're at the 40 with 14 seconds wouldn't it make more sense to try three Hail Marys?

Probably only time for two hail mary's unless you quickly bailed on one of them and threw it away.

I think there's probably an argument that one try from the 25 has a higher likelihood of scoring than two hail mary's but obviously Dallas effed everything up badly enough that they never even got that one attempt.

It's funny to think about how much time they cost themselves with the punt team fiasco, the holding calls on their defensive line, and just all the time they cost themselves trying to spike the ball there.

13 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Was rooting against Dallas, but I don’t like that rule re the clock/ ref needing to spot the ball. I prefer the college rule where the clock stops on a first down, which would mostly avoid this problem. 

i actually thought Dallas did a super clever job on that last drive to position themselves like they did. 

I was saying that to my friends before the QB draw too and I honestly don't hate the QB draw there. They obviously royally messed up trying to spike the ball though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I said the same thing. The run did no good for them since they still needed to launch a Hail Mary type pass to the end zone. By running they screwed themselves out of at least 2, maybe 3 attempts at the touchdown. Maybe the dumbest play call all year.

If you are a 49ers fan how can you trust Jimmy G? Their are times he plays very well but then he makes some really bad plays. He missed some wide open receivers yesterday and that INT he threw which helped the Cowboys get back in the game was a piss poor throw.

10 minutes ago, nucci said:

QB draw with :14 left and no time outs.....nothing to do with the refs...one of the dumbest calls ever

Agreed.  Even dumber when you consider the 49ers were inexplicably giving the Cowboys the sidelines the previous 3 plays.    No need to get cute.  Take the 10-15 yards out of bounds the 49ers were giving you.  And the delay of game after leaving the punt team on the field following the successful fake killed that drive.  McCarthy is exactly who Jerry Jones and that fanbase deserve.  

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Agreed.  Even dumber when you consider the 49ers were inexplicably giving the Cowboys the sidelines the previous 3 plays.    No need to get cute.  Take the 10-15 yards out of bounds the 49ers were giving you.  And the delay of game after leaving the punt team on the field following the successful fake killed that drive.  McCarthy is exactly who Jerry Jones and that fanbase deserve.  

it was incredible watching all this. Terrible coaching on both sides. 

4 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

They changed their coverage for that play though which is why the Cowboys did the QB draw. San Fran had everybody draping the sidelines for that play so the middle was wide open. 

21 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

They’re blaming a ref for an extra 2 sec to set the ball. All this anger? They would still need a extremely low % Hail Mary to be successful. Dallas dudes seem to be forgetting they still need a 1 play 50 yd TD

It would have only been 25 yards out if they had gotten that spike in time. I’m sure they also just felt like they were called for too many penalties. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.