1/15/22 Week 19 Wild Card PLAYOFFS Bills vs Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Where do people like Florio come up with stuff like this: 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/15/will-bills-unleash-josh-allen-as-a-runner-against-the-patriots/

Yes, I’m fine with Josh using that element of his game. It can be huge. As long as he’s smart about it and protecting himself. But the last line of this is pure rubbish:

It may take 100 yards or close to it from Allen to help the Bills avoid losing to the Patriots in the first postseason encounter between the two teams since 1963.

How about we just throw the damn ball all over them? Nonsense that Josh needs 100 yards rushing (or close to it) “to avoid losing”.

Also, been talk about the cheats defense all damn week. Rarely heard anyone mention the Bills D. Bills are the #1 D FFS!! Hope we kick these guys asses up and down the field.

What, the 64 he got in the blowout in Cheaterland not enough for you, Mikey?  Tool.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just took the whole gang into the grocery store (to kill some time and get a few more wings to fry up) here in Eastern NC. Me the wife and the 4 kids all rocking our Bills gear. 

As we’re unloading to walk in a college age kid with a Umass bumper sticker pulled in next to us and I could just feel what was going to come next. 

Sure enough he gets out and my 9 year old daughter loudly says “eww, daddy, a patriots* fan” when she saw his hoodie. The kid looked our way and smiled, then my 3 year old, who has been able to say Josh Allen since she was 18 months old, said “get outta here you cheater” and my 6 year old son yelled “get him” and ran towards him in a reasonably threatening way, for a 6 year old. I laughed, called him back and said “should be a good one”. The poor kid sprinted into the store at this point and we didn’t see him again.

God as my witness this just happened. No matter the outcome tonight…proudest day of my life.

Edited by Juice_32
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Just took the whole gang into the grocery store (to kill some time and get a few more wings to fry up) here in Eastern NC. Me the wife and the 4 kids all rocking our Bills gear. 

As we’re unloading to walk in a college age kid with a Umass bumper sticker pulled in next to us and I could just feel what was going to come next. 

Sure enough he gets out and my 9 year old daughter loudly says “eww, daddy, a patriots* fan” when she saw his hoodie. The kid looked our way and smiled, then my 3 year old, who has been able to say Josh Allen since she was 18 months old, said “get outta here you cheater” and my 6 year old son yelled “get him” and ran towards him in a reasonably threatening way, for a 6 year old. I laughed, called him back and said “should be a good one”. The poor kid sprinted into the store at this point and we didn’t see him again.

God as my witness this just happened. No matter the outcome tonight…proudest day of my life.

we didn't see him again

Make sure your kids didn't tie him up in the freezer section.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Draconator said:

Trust all he has to do is hold for Bass

There may not be a ton of punting (or FG kicking) in this game.

I would like to keep an eye on the kickers in the pre-game warmups to see what sort of range they have.  I hope someone talks about that in the game broadcast.

I'm thinking 40 or more is too far in zero degrees.  Maybe less!

1 minute ago, Doc said:

What, the 64 he got in the blowout in Cheaterland not enough for you, Mikey?  Tool.

Agreed. He doesn’t need anywhere near 100 for us to win. Doesn’t even need anywhere near that for us to smoke them. Josh is an elite damn passer.

Also, the hyping of Belichick and his defense in this game is just ridiculous. Third time we’ve played….yada yada yada.  He is an amazing coach. No question. But even “the best laid plans…”. Just beat these damn #######s. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I thought he just yelled all the time. Didn't know that was him talking. 

He really does have that weird style where he sort of is yelling/barking all the time, like he's trying to fire up his teammates in a huddle moments before starting a football game.

It's odd, and highly annoying.  It doesn't help that he NEVER says anything insightful or relevant.

7 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Can't stand to listen to Michael Irvin talk about the Bills...

Last time we played the cheats he was insistent all pregame that they’d shut down Diggs and the only way the Bills had a shot to win is if Sanders had a huge game (something crazy approaching 200 yards or something asinine). Moron. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

There may not be a ton of punting (or FG kicking) in this game.

I would like to keep an eye on the kickers in the pre-game warmups to see what sort of range they have.  I hope someone talks about that in the game broadcast.

I'm thinking 40 or more is too far in zero degrees.  Maybe less!

Don’t you doubt OR jinx the Bass o Matic!!!!

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Agreed. He doesn’t need anywhere near 100 for us to win. Doesn’t even need anywhere near that for us to smoke them. Josh is an elite damn passer.

Also, the hyping of Belichick and his defense in this game is just ridiculous. Third time we’ve played….yada yada yada.  He is an amazing coach. No question. But even “the best laid plans…”. Just beat these damn #######s. 

With Beasley and Davis being available this time and the Cheaters being down a starting CB...

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Your kids are rude!

But I like it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

and my 6 year old son yelled “get him” and ran towards him in a reasonably threatening way, for a 6 year old. I laughed, called him back and said “should be a good one”. The poor kid sprinted into the store at this point and we didn’t see him again.

Lol, I remember seeing your boy and it's clear he means business when comes to Bills. He sees anything Pats his face instantly goes to the "children of the corn"  look . So dude had to get outta there and wanted no part of it Haha

image.png

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’d assume it’s a priority to rotate the game balls when possible without slowing the game down. The ball boys I’d hope have some kind of heated pouches? I know they have pouches but anyone know if they manipulate the temp on the balls or not cause it’s uncontrollable and could possibly cause issues……

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.