1/15/22 Week 19 Wild Card PLAYOFFS Bills vs Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

The ***Pats left McKenzie uncovered for a lot of that game, keeping two high safeties in order to stop the big plays. It didn't work out for them. If they try to cover him up close to the line of scrimmage, that is only going to give another receiver an advantage. If they attempt to play zone, Beasely can take over the game. They should put Beasley and McKenzie on the field at the same time. Josh can determine whether it's zone or man presnap. If it's zone, throw to Beasley. If it's man, throw to McKenzie. Can't stop this. If they attempt some weird kind of coverage scheme, there is Diggs, Sanders, Knox and Davis. And the threat of the run. NE is going to get schooled. The NFL has become a passing league. Even the rules overwhelmingly protect the passing game. NE is very much under the gun here. Wouldn't surprise me if Sanders has a big game this time. NE very much wanted stop Diggs last game and as a result, McKenzie went off. They just can't cover every scenario. I see NE attempting to disguise what type of coverage and play a mixture of zone and man. I think they'll send pass rushers after Allen this time. Thing is, they just don't have enough talent to stop what is coming.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't get the weather narrative. It's just cold, not windy or snowy. It won't have much effect at all. The Packers and Vikings played a game in the same conditions a couple weeks ago and the score was 37-10. The Bills and Pats will do what they do without much effect from the weather.

• Like (+1) 2

Dianna is on tv right now, her water froze in 10 minutes

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't get the weather narrative. It's just cold, not windy or snowy. It won't have much effect at all. The Packers and Vikings played a game in the same conditions a couple weeks ago and the score was 37-10. The Bills and Pats will do what they do without much effect from the weather.

They are worried about ball security because the ball will he tougher to grip. Bills have been practicing with frozen balls this week. 

20 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

7 for 123 and 2 scores 

Davis is coming off probably his worst day as a pro though - 3 catches on 14 targets. He dropped 2 balls, stepped out of bounds in the endZone and had communication issues with Josh on a couple of other throws. Still 26 yards as the over/under looks low - that’s 2 typical catches for him

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dianna is on tv right now, her water froze in 10 minutes

They are worried about ball security because the ball will he tougher to grip. Bills have been practicing with frozen balls this week. 

I mean, Yolo, we know it's cold in Buffalo, but this has gone too far...

🤣 :beer: 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I parlayed Bills to cover, U44, and Allen with 60+ on the ground today. I feel good about it. Threw a couple bucks on Allen +40, ML, and O44 just to cover incase I lose the O/U

I have Bills to cover at +4, Davis over 26 yds receiving and Beasley over 4 receptions.

• Like (+1) 2

It's oversimplifying, but the Bills have 2 essential paths to victory today:  they can get off to a hot start & build a lead, or they can fall behind and come back.

The Pats only have one of those options, imo.  They're the team that HAS to take the early lead and hold it.  On the road, in this weather & with a run-centric offense, they can't come back if they get down by more than a score, unless they get some lucky breaks.

I wouldn't want to be that team. That was a defining characteristic of many of our drought-era teams, and it's very limiting.

4 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Davis is coming off probably his worst day as a pro though - 3 catches on 14 targets. He dropped 2 balls, stepped out of bounds in the endZone and had communication issues with Josh on a couple of other throws. Still 26 yards as the over/under looks low - that’s 2 typical catches for him

So he’s doomed to fail hereafter?

He strikes me as a big game player.

Watch him amaze. 

30 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

The ***Pats left McKenzie uncovered for a lot of that game, keeping two high safeties in order to stop the big plays. It didn't work out for them. If they try to cover him up close to the line of scrimmage, that is only going to give another receiver an advantage. If they attempt to play zone, Beasely can take over the game. They should put Beasley and McKenzie on the field at the same time. Josh can determine whether it's zone or man presnap. If it's zone, throw to Beasley. If it's man, throw to McKenzie. Can't stop this. If they attempt some weird kind of coverage scheme, there is Diggs, Sanders, Knox and Davis. And the threat of the run. NE is going to get schooled. The NFL has become a passing league. Even the rules overwhelmingly protect the passing game. NE is very much under the gun here. Wouldn't surprise me if Sanders has a big game this time. NE very much wanted stop Diggs last game and as a result, McKenzie went off. They just can't cover every scenario. I see NE attempting to disguise what type of coverage and play a mixture of zone and man. I think they'll send pass rushers after Allen this time. Thing is, they just don't have enough talent to stop what is coming.

Wish I could “buy” you two beers for this post…!

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I have Bills to cover at +4, Davis over 26 yds receiving and Beasley over 4 receptions.

The spread feels easy. The Bills are 0-5 in one possession games. If you pick the Bills to win today, you might as well take the points as well and make some more cash. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.