Why so many tickets left?

out

Somethings that make matters worse:

1. Field house is closed due to covid, so no where to get inside and warm up pre game.

2. No re-entry so you can't go to your vehicle around halftime and try to get 20 minutes of heat (yeah you'd miss some game time, but better to miss some than all)

3. The Bills have never given fans spaces to take a break from the elements.  A few wedding tents with heaters, people aren't looking for 80 degrees but a few places with 50 degree temperatures would settle a lot of nerves.

They should extend the security/ticket staff for another quarter and allow re-entry up to the end of the 3rd.   

Edited by driddles
  • Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Broadcast booth:  "I always love the atmosphere in Buffalo in the playoffs in winter"

Pans to fans:

5a53d0c4ec1ade0e533fe907?width=700

That's the problem.  The networks love to show places like Buffalo & Green Bay in the worst weather conditions.  They don't care about the average fans in the stands, they're looking to show the shirtless guys and have the announcers yuck it up while they sit in their nice warm broadcast booth.  Best way to get the coldest weather: schedule the game at night.  

15 minutes ago, driddles said:

Somethings that make matters worse:

1. Field house is closed due to covid, so no where to get inside and warm up pre game.

2. No re-entry so you can't go to your vehicle around halftime and try to get 20 minutes of heat (yeah you'd miss some game time, but better to miss some than all)

3. The Bills have never given fans spaces to take a break from the elements.  A few wedding tents with heaters, people aren't looking for 80 degrees but a few places with 50 degree temperatures would settle a lot of nerves.

They should extend the security/ticket staff for another quarter and allow re-entry up to the end of the 3rd.   

The bathrooms will be packed at halftime.  I remember games I've been to where the person next to me would disappear for a long stretch & when he got back he'd say he went in the bathroom to warm up.  

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

That's the problem.  The networks love to show places like Buffalo & Green Bay in the worst weather conditions.  They don't care about the average fans in the stands, they're looking to show the shirtless guys and have the announcers yuck it up while they sit in their nice warm broadcast booth.  Best way to get the coldest weather: schedule the game at night.  

The bathrooms will be packed at halftime.  I remember games I've been to where the person next to me would disappear for a long stretch & when he got back he'd say he went in the bathroom to warm up.  

Yup.  -4 degrees on Wednesday in Green Bay.  The NFL would be ecstatic with those optics on tv.  

3 hours ago, yall said:

A little less, but yeah. And when you split it 10 ways to have a heated bathroom and the ability to watch the 4:00 game, and 1 free parking spot, 40 bucks a head doesn't seem like a bad deal.

A lot of that I suspect.

That's why I'm working on an RV!

• Like (+1) 1

I think a lot of people have COVID right now or are scared of getting COVID. With the new surges people are back on high alert. Sitting with 60k other people might be questionable for them.

Me? If I didn't live on the other side of the country, I would go.

• Like (+1) 2

I think a big factor is STH buying up most tix when they became available, speculating on a huge payday reselling that isn't there with the current weather/covid/Canada situation.  It also appears to me that there's a big percentage of "newbie" fans who are not prepared for the sacrifice that playoff attendance can require.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I think a big factor is STH buying up most tix when they became available, speculating on a huge payday reselling that isn't there with the current weather/covid/Canada situation.  It also appears to me that there's a big percentage of "newbie" fans who are not prepared for the sacrifice that playoff attendance can require.

This is a great point. A reward if you will for so many years of having seasons and losing big money on games you can’t attend. I thought about grabbing a few extra, even to just sell to friends at cost but I’m even tired of getting burned by them. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

That's why I'm working on an RV!

We actually considered this. Let us know how that works out.

There are actually a decent number available for rental via private owners, but we didn't want to deal with the parking, driving, etc.

9 minutes ago, yall said:

We actually considered this. Let us know how that works out.

There are actually a decent number available for rental via private owners, but we didn't want to deal with the parking, driving, etc.

Actually I'm coming up pretty dry for availability so far.  The parking is ok, there are several private lots that'll take us, but I'm not finding any RVs under 50' that will rent for less than 3 days.  

Just now, uticaclub said:

I know someone selling a pass if you need one

Only if it comes with an RV rental :)  

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I get that 

My point was that only people that could buy tickets are vaccinated people... If unvaccinated people could buy tickets maybe there isn't as many tickets for sale on the market because they would be bought 

There's a good segment of Bills fans that are left out of the market

Then that would have been the case all season.  It has not been.

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I get that 

My point was that only people that could buy tickets are vaccinated people... If unvaccinated people could buy tickets maybe there isn't as many tickets for sale on the market because they would be bought 

There's a good segment of Bills fans that are left out of the market

Not really actually b.c they never had a problem before the cold weather came in. Good try though, still failed.

Edited by TBBills

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Not really actually b.c they never had a problem before the cold weather came in. Good try though, still failed.

The cold weather is obviously the driving factor.  If the temps were a low of 28 Saturday Night, do I believe it would be packed... emphatically, yes.

However, due to the cold, the market has dried up.  Now, the fact that Buffalo is one of the few teams in the NFL having to deal with vax mandates comes into play.  There is sizable portion of the fanbase that would jump on these tickets if they weren't barred from the stadium.   Same goes for the Canadians, and their border issues.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

The cold weather is obviously the driving factor.  If the temps were a low of 28 Saturday Night, do I believe it would be packed... emphatically, yes.

However, due to the cold, the market has dried up.  Now, the fact that Buffalo is one of the few teams in the NFL having to deal with vax mandates comes into play.  There is sizable portion of the fanbase that would jump on these tickets if they weren't barred from the stadium.   Same goes for the Canadians, and their border issues.  

Only the Canadian border is the problem everything else is just political bull#### being spewed by idiots.

Just now, TBBills said:

Only the Canadian border is the problem everything else is just political bull#### being spewed by idiots.

Well, I can tell you that I am someone who would go, but cannot.  I am surely not alone.  You come across as wanting to explain it away because you favor mandates, but it sounds more desperate coming from you as we sit here staring at rock bottom ticket prices, while you ignore one of the two groups of Bills fans (Unvaxxed/Canadians) that are essentially banned from attending. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Well, I can tell you that I am someone who would go, but cannot.  I am surely not alone.  You come across as wanting to explain it away because you favor mandates, but it sounds more desperate coming from you as we sit here staring at rock bottom ticket prices, while you ignore one of the two groups of Bills fans (Unvaxxed/Canadians) that are essentially banned from attending. 

Get a dome

Honestly I hope the stands are half empty to justify the need for a dome. Especially if they add another game on.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Get a dome

Honestly I hope the stands are half empty to justify the need for a dome. Especially if they add another game on.

The game isn't "half-empty" from a lack of team sales. The Bills have only a few hundred seats left, which probably won't sell because you can get tickets on the resale market for...(checking Ticketmaster)...starting at $29. I do think you'll see pockets of unused seats from unsold broker tickets to people deciding last-minute they do not want to out in 0-degree weather at night.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Dude there were 69,000 people at the Patriots game in terrible weather .. people were willing to stick it out in that

The bills sold most of the tickets.. it's the resale tickets which are struggling

Guess what there's only one segment of the population that could buy resale tickets vaccinated people.. it's a fact that if unvaccinated people could buy tickets there would be more sold 

Not every Bills fan is vaccinated 

The 50,000 season ticket holders were going to the games in September and October and November for the most part..  now lots are selling them somebody has to buy them on the secondary market.. and only vaccinated people can 

If everybody could buy them more would be sold quicker

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You won’t get vaxed so you can attend this game?  What kind of fan are you?

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Does anybody know if season ticket holders will be able to use their plastic card to get into the stadium instead of having to pull up an electronic ticket?  I do worry about phone issues with the crazy temps.  I would assume that if you are just using your season ticket seats this would be ok??

I didn't get plastic cards this year.  Didn't know they still issued those.

I started buying season tickets when I lived in TX, to help keep the Bills here.  Now that I'm in PA, I sure as heck am going, and I would still go even if it was predicted to be -20.

I know it's politically correct to say that fans are fans even if your commitment ends at your couch.  Sorry but I can't agree with that.  Of course not everyone can go for various reasons, but I for one am embarrassed that WEEI Boston is laughing at our ticket availability. 

Edit for those watching on TV:  Po's not talking about YOU!

Edited by BillnutinHouston

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Then that would have been the case all season.  It has not been.

The one point that's missing, is we're talking about reselling tickets

Not tickets bought from the bills...  

These are secondary tickets that have already been bought... And there's only one people that could buy them vaccinated people

If unvaccinated people could buy them more would be sold guaranteed.. because there are unvaccinated people that want to go 

There weren't a lot of tickets on resale in October because the majority of the 50,000 season ticket holders were going to the games.. now that there's thousands selling them somebody has to buy them

And only vaccinated people can

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Actually I'm coming up pretty dry for availability so far.  The parking is ok, there are several private lots that'll take us, but I'm not finding any RVs under 50' that will rent for less than 3 days.  

Only if it comes with an RV rental :)  

You check RV Share or Outdoorsy?

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

90 hot and humid.

Actually, this posts reminds me that for the Bills preseason game vs. Packers on 8/28 it was 91F which I remember hearing was their hottest home game on record.  Our seats were in the shade but those in the direct sun were suffering and that side of the stadium soon cleared out.  Some were taken out on stretchers.  I said to those around me that we should remember this day come December when we are here all bundled up and trying to get through the game.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Does anybody know if season ticket holders will be able to use their plastic card to get into the stadium instead of having to pull up an electronic ticket?  I do worry about phone issues with the crazy temps.  I would assume that if you are just using your season ticket seats this would be ok??

Yes, i haven't used a mobile ticket all year. Just my season ticket card. its a good thing, cause my 3 year old phone died prior to going to the MNF game. I have a new phone now. Make sure your phone is charged prior to leaving your house.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Get a dome

Folks writing "Get a dome" at this forum is not going to have any impact whatsoever on reality....or us actually getting a dome.

It just comes across as highly annoying whining and complaining, and is wasted energy.

How about coming up with a new battle cry?  

How about calling for a return to the standing bison on our helmets for all games, or something that might actually happen?

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Folks writing "Get a dome" at this forum is not going to have any impact whatsoever on reality....or us actually getting a dome.

It just comes across as highly annoying whining and complaining, and is wasted energy.

How about calling for a return to the standing bison on our helmets for all games, or something that might actually happen?

How about the blue over white throwbacks as a change of pace to the all white throwbacks. Both are great looks BTW.

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That may be true but those of us who don't agree are still going to make a stink about it. 

All I know is thank god for Kathy Hochul telling all us Bills fans how much we love freezing our arses off to watch football and that we want to continue doing this forever...

Even our QB says he hates this ***** but let's keep it open air for all the old farts who say "that's how the game is meant to be played" even though they themselves are entirely to old to tolerate what's coming Saturday Night.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.