Beasley flipping out at McDermott (at :41 of the 3rd quarter lower left screen on sideline)

BADOLBILZ

Maybe he was flipping out because he just broke up a would be interception.

Let's look at glass half-full...

Didn't the game turn around on the following brilliant punt by Haack? Pinned then on 1 when punt hit the jetstream, wall of wind?

Then it was the 4th quarter...

And things clicked... I wonder why? 😉 

So, a chronological sequence of what we’ve seen and heard about;

Beasley isn’t the same player on the field

He may be dealing with undisclosed injury

Comes off the field following an unsuccessful 3rd Down, passionate about something and looking in the direction of the HC.

Team Captain Hyde immediately gets between Beasley and HC

McDermott mentally preoccupied, doesn’t watch the punt despite dangerous weather conditions and multiple poor punts including a block

Beasley never steps on the field again, though the game is still in doubt

Bills players celebrating on sidelines in closing moments, Beasley preoccupied with seeking out Team Captain Hyde again

Beasley not selected to be interviewed post game

Dozens of published team photos from locker room of players wearing Champion Hat & T-shirts and celebrating wildly..

..none of which include Beasley

Have I got this right? Am I missing anything? Promoting a thesis? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, a chronological sequence of what we’ve seen and heard about;

Beasley isn’t the same player on the field

He may be dealing with undisclosed injury

Comes off the field following an unsuccessful 3rd Down, passionate about something and looking in the direction of the HC.

Team Captain Hyde immediately gets between Beasley and HC

McDermott mentally preoccupied, doesn’t watch the punt despite dangerous weather conditions and multiple poor punts including a block

Beasley never steps on the field again, though the game is still in doubt

Bills players celebrating on sidelines in closing moments, Beasley preoccupied with seeking out Team Captain Hyde again

Beasley not selected to be interviewed post game

Dozens of team photos from locker room of players wearing Champion Hat & T-shirts and celebrating wildly..

..none of which include Beasley

No one will deny this season has been very fragmented for Cole Beasley.  He's seen his role and targets diminish as the season finished. McKenzie IMHO is the heir apparent for the future at the slot. I think Sean will still use Cole here and there but nowhere like last season. Age and minor injuries I think have sealed his fate. And he knows it. Its extremely doubtful he or Sanders return next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

He's still a really good slot receiver in zone coverage and the Bills brass obviously feels the same.  We also don't know if he's as big of a distraction in house as the fans and media have been peddling all year.  Our only direct source are his posts on social media.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Oh weird, another quality player being maligned here. 

Beasley's a used-to-be-quality player.

On Cover1 they were saying that Braxton Berrios is an FA. I checked, and he is. That'd solve our punt and kick return problems too.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Beasley needs to straight up go; we can easily get by without him and his pay.

I haven't seen Isiah get the same separation as Beasley in the slot for those quick slant throws that get 8-10 yards and more importantly the 1st down.   I am ok for Beasley to be not brought back next season...However, right now McKenzie is playing a different role than Beaslely

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Not that hard to find a good slot replacement.  Bease was a great add, loved having him but it's time to split.  

Texas guys are a strange breed, they generally have a cockiness that can make it tough to mesh with the more open-minded Buffalo mentality. 

Aaron Schobel is another Texas guy that comes to mind in that regard, they have that know-it-all gene that can be really frustrating to deal with.  

Looking forward to some fun slot receiver stuff next year with some new faces, lil' Dirty included of course.

How many times have you met Beasley and Schoebel to pass this judgement !

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I still hold out hope that they can inject him into the playoff game plan... He's not a bad guy, but I understand why people are taking jabs at him. He's just misunderstood, probably sharper than he portrays. Yet, he does deserve to be needled for the fuss he's causing. 

Inject? Jabs? Sharper? Needled?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Beasley wants another word with Micah. Doesn’t look like he’s happy the team just won their 4th straight to claim the AFCE -or even care..

juss sayin’

And you determined this from .75 seconds of him being on camera?  I have never seen a fan base so ready to run a player out of town that they will fabricate and misinterpret things to force fit a narrative. 

Maybe he just got done with a celebratory pom pom and backflip routine before that second of video.  And if that were the case, he would be getting flamed on this board for trying to draw too much attention to himself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

And you determined this from .75 seconds of him being on camera?  I have never seen a fan base so ready to run a player out of town that they will fabricate and misinterpret things to force fit a narrative. 

Maybe he just got done with a celebratory pom pom and backflip routine before that second of video.  And if that were the case, he would be getting flamed on this board for trying to draw too much attention to himself.

However on the flip side....

If you read through the comments it's amazing the lengths that Beasley supporters are going to to justify any and all behaviors from him with the same limited knowledge of the situation that they accuse others on the opposite side of...not just here but over the course of the season as well.

Almost like it has basically nothing to do with his actions (or lack thereof of...depending on your stance) and more to do with where people land on the vax standpoint. And that applies to both sides. 

Both the ProCole and AntiCole vroups can be readily accused of mental gymnastics. It's almost like this is just the society we live in today. Right and wrong isn't an absolute. It's more about being able to brush off and justify why someone from "your side" is right and the other side is completely at fault. And that's why America is broken.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

If you read through the comments it's amazing the lengths that Beasley supporters are going to to justify any and all behaviors from him...not just here but over the course of the season as well).

Almost like it has basically nothing to do with his actions (or lack thereof of...depending on your stance) and more to do with where people land on the vax standpoint. And that applies to both sides. 

Both the ProCole and AntiCole vroups can be readily accused of mental gymnastics. It's almost like this is just the society we live in today. Right and wrong isn't an absolute. It's more about being able to brush off and justify why someone from "your side" is right and the other side is completely at fault. And that's why America is broken.

They won’t even address the selfishness/distraction issue.  Just pretend it’s not a thing.  Won’t engage with it or respond to it at all, even though it’s THE issue with him, not his personal medical decision.

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They won’t even address the selfishness/distraction issue.  Just pretend it’s not a thing.  Won’t engage with it or respond to it at all, even though it’s THE issue with him, not his personal medical decision.

Well, I am on record here of saying there's more going on in that locker room then there has been in years past. Team doesn't look as close as they have in years past. Pure speculation on my part, however there are signs there that I see that are cause for question. 

Why that may (or may not) be is unknown for sure...but I think after the season we will hear a story or 2.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Beasley wants another word with Micah. Doesn’t look like he’s happy the team just won their 4th straight to claim the AFCE -or even care..

juss sayin’

Maybe he was apologizing.  Hey sorry about my outburst.....  We will know after the year is over.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe he ran up to McD and said: "I just saved an interception!  WhyTF are you throwing it downfield into a gale!"

Anyway... Check out when Josh leaves field,  the official lady.  #53.  SEE what her hair is doing.  That's what Josh was throwing into.  Maybe Josh was trying to hit the man downfield didn't seem like Beasley was going for it , up over his head until the Jets player knocked it, then Beasley broke it up... Strange.

Strange that if Josh was attempting to thread it in downfield he would do it shifting out of pocket off his back foot into gale force winds...

Maybe it didn't have enough "mustard"... I highly recommend slowing the video down when Josh was leaving field, take a look at Ref's hair... Like a flag flying! 

Not defending Cole, but he saved a pick!

Was he running to McD or JA? Can't tell... The damn score banner is in the way!

I know they needed 14 BUT... And that's a big BUTT!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This coaching staffs obsession of playing Beasley over Mckenzie will be the determent of this season.

I have no idea why Beasley comes back, and McKenzie goes back to get few opportunities.  Not sure what more McKenzie could have shown in NE.  This team lacks what he gives on a consistent basis.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

How do you know there is an issue with him? Are you in the locker room? Do you talk to any of the players or coaches? I’ve never seen or read any reports of him being a cancer in the locker room.

I think his personal decisions are fueling your anger towards him. That’s fine, just be honest about it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Where have you seen that it's a distraction to the team?  While it certainly has TBD riled up and gives Jerry Sullivan some muck to rake at the pressers, I don't remember hearing anything from the players of the coaches having an issue with Beasley or his social media posts, not even from the rumor mill.  

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

juss sayin’

Maybe he was saying "thanks for talking me off the ledge, Micah."?  

Just watched the clip again, Here is a possibility.

Beasley slowly leaving field....

McD walking towards him... "Hurry up and get off the field" (lining up to punt).

Beasley turns at him pissed off yells,  then rethinks and turns away, Hyde steps in.

Edited by since79

5 minutes ago, since79 said:

Just watched the clip again,

Beasley slowly leaving field....

McD walking towards him... "Hurry up and get off the field" (lining up to punt).

Beasley turns at him pissed off yells,  then rethinks and turns away, Hyde steps in.

Thanks.  Confirmation that Badol is a lying menace.  🥾 

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Westside said:

How do you know there is an issue with him? Are you in the locker room? Do you talk to any of the players or coaches? I’ve never seen or read any reports of him being a cancer in the locker room.

I think his personal decisions are fueling your anger towards him. That’s fine, just be honest about it.

These are all valid questions. Hopefully someone asks Jerry Hughes about it after the season.

• Like (+1) 1

If you did a line card of what each receiver brings to the table right now.  It would be heavily tilted in McKenzie's favor.

Speed                    >  McKenzie

Separation             >  McKenzie

Big play potential  >  McKenzie

Health?                  >  McKenzie

Clutch catches   = > McKenzie

Sweep Plays          > McKenzie

No offense to Cole, but right now, everything else being equal, McKenzie would be the better choice to roll with in the playoffs...

This is up for debate, but there are very few advantages of starting Cole over McKenzie against NE Saturday night.

Edited by Toyo321

6 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

If you did a line card of what each receiver brings to the table right now.  It would be heavily tilted in McKenzie's favor.

Speed                    >  McKenzie

Separation             >  McKenzie

Big play potential  >  McKenzie

Health?                  >  McKenzie

Clutch catches   = > McKenzie

Sweep Plays          > McKenzie

No offense to Cole, but right now, everything else being equal, McKenzie would be the better choice to roll with in the playoffs...

This is up for debate, but there are very few advantages of starting Cole over McKenzie against NE Saturday night.

Do you honestly think that McKenzie gets better separation and has more clutch plays?  McKenzie had one great game, this is nuts.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

This coaching staffs obsession of playing Beasley over Mckenzie will be the determent of this season.

I have no idea why Beasley comes back, and McKenzie goes back to get few opportunities.  Not sure what more McKenzie could have shown in NE.  This team lacks what he gives on a consistent basis.

McKenzie is like a backup QB. Everyone loves him, but he is not a consistently good player. Beasley is just a better player. Stats don't lie and Beasley has done it on the big stage. He was our top WR in the AFC title game last year. 

Edited by Evian

to me it looks from the latest video posted in this thread that Cole was lollygagging off the field before the punt and McDermott probably said something like "move it!" and Cole flipped out. 

McDermott just kept walking because both he and Cole (and everyone else on the sidelines) knows McDermott is right. Get off the field with some urgency! 

No big deal, really. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Agree 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

to me it looks from the latest video posted in this thread that Cole was lollygagging off the field before the punt and McDermott probably said something like "move it!" and Cole flipped out. 

McDermott just kept walking because both he and Cole (and everyone else on the sidelines) knows McDermott is right. Get off the field with some urgency! 

No big deal, really. 

This interpretation does not feed a larger, non-football agenda, therefore, cannot possibly be true.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Do you honestly think that McKenzie gets better separation and has more clutch plays?  McKenzie had one great game, this is nuts.  

The purpose of the getting to playoffs is to put your best players on the field to win the games.  It does not matter what happened yesterday its one and your done if you loose.

I want the best players on the field, and McKenzie has to many positive attributes right now to sit him on the bench.

Cole to be honest has not had a good year.  I give the nod to the guy that can help you the most right now.

That is not Cole.  Its Mckenzie.

Edited by Toyo321

This is why McKenzie does not play more. He fumbles a playoff game away and you will be destroyed by the "we all saw thay coming" crowd. All coaches, but especially defensive minded coaches like McDermott, HATE offensive players that turn the ball over. And McKenzie does not protect the ball. Never has.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2018/07/26/denver-broncos-isaiah-mckenzie-fumble-issues/

Edited by Evian
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Beasley's a used-to-be-quality player.

On Cover1 they were saying that Braxton Berrios is an FA. I checked, and he is. That'd solve our punt and kick return problems too.

Ok. 

Braxton Berrios gets the nod because why?

What’s his 3rd down conversion rate? Is he as good of a route runner as Beasley? Does he understand option routes the same way? 

You can’t just plug and play one small light skinned dude for another. Braxton Barrios is GARBAGE. Beasley is certainly slower than he was last season, but he’s reliable. And as an outlet on 3rd and long, that’s what you need. That’s all he is here for, and that’s all he was ever here for. I was made aware of that after I was roasted on here after his first season, because I wasn’t drinking the Cole Kool Aid. 

He’s fiery and opinionated, and people here don’t like that… so naturally the fans here want him gone. Lord knows his “distractions” have hampered this team all season. 

Braxton Berrios…

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

If you read through the comments it's amazing the lengths that Beasley supporters are going to to justify any and all behaviors from him with the same limited knowledge of the situation that they accuse others on the opposite side of...not just here but over the course of the season as well.

Don't disagree with your comments, but it's also generalizing.  For example, I'm pro-vax (boostered), pro-Beas (but realize he has lot a step or two, and like to see McKenzie more as well), just didn't observe the same thing that the OP mentioned.  I'm trying to bring awareness to what I saw occur, without any preconceived bias.

However, like you said, alot of people make the situation/outcome fit their preconceived bias/opinion.  That's exactly why I've been adamant to share what I saw occur at the game, and ask questions to the OP to make sure things weren't misinterpreted/construed.  At this point, there is no definitive, people who were at the game saw what they saw (if they have a sideline view) while others are watching literally 1-2 sec clips that are certainly not definitive. 

So yeah, you have to excuse the people who want a bit more clarity/confirmation on the events that happened before calling this a situation. 

This event happening or not,, is not the big deal, as the OP said throughout the thread. IMO, I just don't like seeing recursions of how fans react and all of a sudden use this as additional fuel to run said player out of town (which is possible to occur due to his on field performance) or continue booing him.  To each their own, but I'm never in support of booing our players.

8 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Ok. 

Braxton Berrios gets the nod because why?

What’s his 3rd down conversion rate? Is he as good of a route runner as Beasley? Does he understand option routes the same way? 

You can’t just plug and play one small light skinned dude for another. Braxton Barrios is GARBAGE. Beasley is certainly slower than he was last season, but he’s reliable. And as an outlet on 3rd and long, that’s what you need. That’s all he is here for, and that’s all he was ever here for. I was made aware of that after I was roasted on here after his first season, because I wasn’t drinking the Cole Kool Aid. 

He’s fiery and opinionated, and people here don’t like that… so naturally the fans here want him gone. Lord knows his “distractions” have hampered this team all season. 

Braxton Berrios…

I am with you on Berrios. He's an average at best player that flashes on a team with no other options.

There are however guys that are pretty good in the slot that many hit FA. I may not be a fan of Beasley's opinions and flat out dislike his personality...but I won't deny he has been a key cog. Last year he was magnificent. This years he's a year older and in my opinion a tad slower...less reliable. Next season, it would-- in my opinion be in the Bills best interest to upgrade from him. FROM A FOOTBALL STANDPOINT. With his injuries mounting and father time catching up..this is how smart teams work.

When you factor in age, injuries, declining play and cap number it just makes sense...again from a football standpoint. 

For the record, I hope the upgrade on McKenzie as well. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Don't disagree with your comments, but it's also generalizing.  For example, I'm pro-vax (boostered), pro-Beas (but realize he has lot a step or two, and like to see McKenzie more as well), just didn't observe the same thing that the OP mentioned.  I'm trying to bring awareness to what I saw occur, without any preconceived bias.

However, like you said, alot of people make the situation/outcome fit their preconceived bias/opinion.  That's exactly why I've been adamant to share what I saw occur at the game, and ask questions to the OP to make sure things weren't misinterpreted/construed.  At this point, there is no definitive, people who were at the game saw what they saw (if they have a sideline view) while others are watching literally 1-2 sec clips that are certainly not definitive. 

So yeah, you have to excuse the people who want a bit more clarity/confirmation on the events that happened before calling this a situation. 

This event happening or not,, is not the big deal, as the OP said throughout the thread. IMO, I just don't like seeing recursions of how fans react and all of a sudden use this as additional fuel to run said player out of town (which is possible to occur due to his on field performance) or continue booing him.  To each their own, but I'm never in support of booing our players.

Here's the biggest problem I had with the way it was approached yesterday. I was here when the thread started. The OP said he saw something that appeared to be a player chewing out a coach. From his seat this is what he physically saw followed by what his friends told them they directly heard. He asked if it made it to the broadcast. That was really it. 

From there it became a whole different issue because of who the player is. Then the attacks to the OP from many. Then all the mental gymnastics of it being simply a fact of a random character bash.

The irony in all of it is the people that rushed to defend Cole did so....by and large...because they share the same beliefs. Not because it was wrong. Baaically doing the exact thing they accised the OP of...basing their response in nonfootball related opinions.

And by the time the OP was able to locate the tail end of the dust up (and there was visual proof of some unrest...about what...we may never know) minds were already made up and the baseless explainations were being made to discredit the OP. 

I will say, while I don't like Beasley as a person for various reasons (1 having to do with a personal interaction) but have always respected him as a player. He's a Bill, that means for 3 hours a week he earns my respect.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 pages huh?  Welp, that gives me the hunch this is not worth the read and a lost cause.  Usually the only reason a thread like this goes 23 pages is because it’s gone on off the rails.  

So even though I’m curious if there is any more info on what the OP posted, I’m gonna trust my instincts that there is likely no additional substance to be found here and move on to another thread.  Looking at the most recent comments only seems to confirm that further lol

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

23 pages huh?  Welp, that gives me the hunch this is not worth the read and a lost cause.  Usually the only reason a thread like this goes 23 pages is because it’s gone on off the rails.  

So even though I’m curious if there is any more info on what the OP posted, I’m gonna trust my instincts that there is likely no additional substance to be found here and move on to another thread.  Looking at the most recent comments only seems to confirm that further lol

I think you would do well to trust your instincts....

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.