NFL looking at AT&T Stadium as a backup plan for the Super Bowl

Greg S

(14) WFAA on Twitter: "BREAKING: WFAA has confirmed that the NFL has reached out to AT&T Stadium to check on its availability as a possible backup 2022 Super Bowl venue; Arlington officials say the city is ready to host the game if needed. https://t.co/S7gyeCqHxv" / Twitter

With all the virus cases trending upwards the league wants a plan B in case California imposes restrictions again since the game is scheduled to be played in LA.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Jerry Jones would love to host another super Bowl.

If California is so covid paranoid move the game, the quicker they make the decision the better.  If it is left up to politicians and bureaucrats, it will take weeks to make a decision.

The Rams and Chargers are still playing in front of full houses of fans (most of them opposing fans...haha) and we are probably currently in the worst of the Omicron surge.  I can't see them shutting out or limiting Super Bowl fans unless we get some more virulent strain pop up in the next five weeks. 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

The Rams and Chargers are still playing in front of full houses of fans (most of them opposing fans...haha) and we are probably currently in the worst of the Omicron surge.  I can't see them shutting out or limiting Super Bowl fans unless we get some more virulent strain pop up in the next five weeks. 

I didnt suggest the possibility, I for one think it would be foolish but the "experts" continually change their minds/policy so it is in the realm of actually happening.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1

33 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Jerry Jones would love to host another super Bowl.

If California is so covid paranoid move the game, the quicker they make the decision the better.  If it is left up to politicians and bureaucrats, it will take weeks to make a decision.

California is paranoid about everything....

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I'd never put it past CA politicians, anything that can be done to hurt the economy, let's do it!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just do a random lottery drawing in front of a live audience. 

Air it live on TV, make a game of it.

Draw in reverse order, with the last name standing be where they host it 🤣

You know how much money they'd make off that kind of event alone? Hell, the viewership numbers would rival the Super Bowl itself LOL

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Just move it now.   CA is crazy town.  

Was just recently in CA, it didn't seem crazy at all, quite a great place actually. Had a blast.

3 hours ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

I'd never put it past CA politicians, anything that can be done to hurt the economy, let's do it!

California has the 6th largest economy in the world, a budget surplus during covid.  They're doing quite well.

Nothing good is in California.  Good decision moving it to Texas 

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Was just recently in CA, it didn't seem crazy at all, quite a great place actually. Had a blast.

California has the 6th largest economy in the world, a budget surplus during covid.  They're doing quite well.

Yeah when you charge $7+ a gallon it would be easy for the states revenue to increase while people become poorer 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Nothing good is in California.  Good decision moving it to Texas 

Yeah when you charge $7+ a gallon it would be easy for the states revenue to increase while people become poorer 

if you pay $7 , you're an idiot. I paid about $4.50 2 weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Where in California were you?

I live in California, and where I'm at it's hard to find gasoline that cheap.

Encinitas and Del Mar, Don't remember where I filled up.  It was weird, I filled up in AZ for $3.25, again in CA for about $4.50, then near Centro at the CA/AZ border for about $5.50. Quite the price swing.

9 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

What about the hookers?

you know what they say about blind hookers? You really gotta hand it to them.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, bills6969 said:

I’m surprised Jerry’s World hasn’t hosted more Super Bowls.  I think there’s only been 1 there (2011). 

And that was a fiasco.  Remember the temporary seating problems?

https://www.espn.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6096112

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Flights & motels are cheaper in Dallas.  I'm already looking at alternative plans if they move the game.  The Bills WILL be there.    

Book your hotel before they increase the price, you can always cancel if it does not get moved. 

Edited by Just Jack

8 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

no one watches the Chargers in LA but the players families and Goodell's Park Avenue suck holes

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Where in California were you?

I live in California, and where I'm at it's hard to find gasoline that cheap.

Try most Costcos (at least in the northern part of California...except the northwest coast)). It is $4.37 a gallon for 87 grade at Costco in Concord, CA. 

2 hours ago, Calidiehard said:

I'd like to know as well. I'm on the Central Coast and gas is at least 20 cents higher than that here.

Costco in San Luis Obispo is $4.39 a gallon.

Not trying to shill for Costco, but if anyone is not a member, it is worth the low cost of membership for just the gas savings alone. Plus, it is "Top Tier" gas, unlike Sam's Club, Walmart. or BJ's Wholesale Club, for example.

Edited by chongli

18 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I didnt suggest the possibility, I for one think it would be foolish but the "experts" continually change their minds/policy so it is in the realm of actually happening.

Experts change their minds when new evidence warrants it. That's how science works.

Hopefully politics don't decide this but it would be utterly stupid for CA to lose out on this type of opportunity, both financially and the real possibility that one of their home teams could be playing in this game.

Bottom line is this covid thing is something we may be living with the rest of our lives so it's time to adapt and move on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.