Black Monday(UPDATED: Fangio OUT; Zim & Spielman OUT; Nagy & Pace OUT; Flores OUT; Judge OUT; Culley OUT)

GunnerBill

5 minutes ago, Nitro said:

He coached his behind off and got the most out of the talent.  Seems the GM has the ear of the owner   Flores will not be unemployed for long.

Probably not. I really wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being Daboll’s DC choice if Daboll gets a HC job. It would also satisfy the Rooney interview requirement for coordinators. 

• Like (+1) 1

Now we'll see if the idea of Dungy, Riddick and Frazier is real or not. 

All 3 of those guys could just be hired by the Bears (although Frazier might not be able to officially be hired until after we win the Super Bowl). 

If that's your plan, you've already vetted it. You don't need to interview others if this is a package deal. I'm sure it took some convincing to lure Dungy out of retirement, so you don't then interview the guy who fetches Zach Taylor his coffee. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Nitro said:

He coached his behind off and got the most out of the talent.  Seems the GM has the ear of the owner   Flores will not be unemployed for long.

I would fire Joe Judge in NY. Bring in Scott Pioli as GM and Flores as HC. Culture change is needed at Giants. They’re the team to bring it

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

I would fire Joe Judge in NY. Bring in Scott Pioli as GM and Flores as HC. Culture change is needed at Giants. They’re the team to bring it

That would be an interesting move.  Up grades in both areas

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Now we'll see if the idea of Dungy, Riddick and Frazier is real or not. 

All 3 of those guys could just be hired by the Bears (although Frazier might not be able to officially be hired until after we win the Super Bowl). 

If that's your plan, you've already vetted it. You don't need to interview others if this is a package deal. I'm sure it took some convincing to lure Dungy out of retirement, so you don't then interview the guy who fetches Zach Taylor his coffee. 

Where’s Jim Caldwell in this equation? 

50 minutes ago, MJS said:

But some head coaches are more involved in drafting and bringing in personnel than others. Maybe Flores has been super vocal on the specific players he wanted and the GM can say "hey, I have him the guys he wanted." Not sure, but it is plausible.

It was kind of odd when they dumped guys they had just brought in, like Van Noy and Lawson. Plus it seems that Flores wanted to spend money on cb's but he really didn't get great results.

The Bills are a team that got the front office correct and saw immediate results. I'm thinking if the other teams in the division don't see similar improvement in their teams they will be in the same 3 year regime pump and dump no playoffs blender we were in for so long.

The Dolphins are the biggest train wreck this side of Chicago and Detroit. Flores had the Fins playing very hard for him. Ross is just another dumb rich guy. He'll back up the truck for a Harbaugh type who will demand total control and then the soap opera against the front office will begin.  

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Probably not. I really wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being Daboll’s DC choice if Daboll gets a HC job. It would also satisfy the Rooney interview requirement for coordinators. 

It's settled then...Daboll to Miami! 😁

And with the surprsing number of vacancies, may we humbly suggest Josh McDaniels? 🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The most deserved firing of them all...... Ryan Pace is OUT as GM in Chicago. He did a dreadful job. 

Miami have fired the wrong guy. I'd have kept Flores and fired Grier. 

Stunned that they fire the coach and keep the GM. The problem in Miami is talent evaluation. 

I think they should have moved on from both, but Grier I think is a yes man that Ross likes in Miami.

(14) Jay Glazer on Twitter: "I believe Giants brass is torn on what to do w Joe Judge bc of revolving door of coaches they’ve had in recent years. Have hesitation to move on bc they’d add to that revolving door. At same time I have heard a ton of frustration inside that locker room. Not a little, a lot" / Twitter

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Flores should and will be a better Head Coaching candidate than Brian Daboll.  If Flores would have to settle for a coordinator job under someone like Daboll, that would be a travesty.  He should be a Head Coach again........and soon.  As in a week or two.  How someone like Joe Judge could walk an NFL sideline as a Head Coach is ridiculous.  

I'm not a Daboll hater or lover, but firing Flores is mind boggling to me.

Edited by Lv-Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

(14) Jay Glazer on Twitter: "I believe Giants brass is torn on what to do w Joe Judge bc of revolving door of coaches they’ve had in recent years. Have hesitation to move on bc they’d add to that revolving door. At same time I have heard a ton of frustration inside that locker room. Not a little, a lot" / Twitter

I get fears of revolving door in coaching positions but if you know the guy you have is not the guy.....move on

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The Flores firing is a real shocker. Flores is coming off of 10-6 and 9-8 seasons. Not lighting it on fire but not all that bad either esp considering the talent the team has. The Fins should have at least stuck with Flores for one more season in order to try and build some continuity. As a Bills fan I do like the "unforced error" but as a football fan it is a bit frustrating to see a coach doing a fairly decent job get canned.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I get fears of revolving door in coaching positions but if you know the guy you have is not the guy.....move on

The Giants also are in a position where their next draft is going to be massively important to the next 5-8 years of their franchise. They have the 5th and 7th pick in the draft. They shouldn't hand over those picks to a guy hanging onto dear life. They should start fresh and hand that draft capital over to someone who can try to pull off a true 3 year plan instead of someone two years in and not doing much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Flores firing is a real shocker. Flores is coming off of 10-6 and 9-8 seasons. Not lighting it on fire but not all that bad either esp considering the talent the team has. The Fins should have at least stuck with Flores for one more season in order to try and build some continuity. As a Bills fan I do like the "unforced error" but as a football fan it is a bit frustrating to see a coach doing a fairly decent job get canned.

It seemed like he was fired because NE ended up doing better than them in a shorter amount of time, even though the Fish were the better team. I think we can agree Belicheck is better coach than Flores, but that’s no reason to fire someone. Glad they are making this mistake though. 

4 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

It seemed like he was fired because NE ended up doing better than them in a shorter amount of time, even though the Fish were the better team. I think we can agree Belicheck is better coach than Flores, but that’s no reason to fire someone. Glad they are making this mistake though. 

That is insanely foolish if they fired someone simply because of a comparison to one team. The comparison doesn't even make sense. The Pats in 2019 were 12-4 compared to the Fins who traded away a lot of players and were 5-11. The Pats led the league in Covid opt outs and took on a lot of dead cap due to Brady leaving in 2020 and still finished with 7 wins. The Pats then got back a lot of talent via Covid opt outs coming back and spent a lot of their cap space on fixing some of their issues. Even then they only finished one game ahead of the Fins. 

It has to be something else other than a direct comparison that is deeply flawed.

22 hours ago, sullim4 said:

The way Flores handled the Fitz/Tua situation last year is enough imo to show him the door.  Tua is no franchise quarterback, but I think the flip flopping there killed any confidence he had.

Still pretty bad they fire him and don't fire their terrible GM though.

Edited by Scott7975

23 minutes ago, mannc said:

Raiders, Jags, Fish, Bears, Broncos, Vikes.

possible other openings: Panthers, Giants, Seahawks, Texans

Washington FT?

Panthers committed to retaining Rhule.

Giants have committed to Judge. 

I can’t see Rivera getting a pink slip. 

Raiders can’t possibly move on from Bisaccia. I think that would be insane. The man steadied a rapidly sinking ship and got them into the playoffs. He deserves to get the full-time tag. I know there’s a good chance they might, but it would be a mistake. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.