Black Monday(UPDATED: Fangio OUT; Zim & Spielman OUT; Nagy & Pace OUT; Flores OUT; Judge OUT; Culley OUT)

GunnerBill

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He hasn't had an interview anywhere since that u turn with Indy.

Just did a quick search and according to this he is getting interview requests and has had some since the Colts debacle https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-josh-mcdaniels-garnering-head-coaching-interest-among-nfl-owners/

Of course they don't name specific teams so it may just be hot air. I have to say, even for a Patriots coach he's especially dislikable and has a face I would never trust. I hope he does leave and ends up crashing and burning again like he did before. 

Judge is going nowhere. Even though he is terrible the Giants already said he’s coming back, you can take him off. Broncos won a lot more games then they should have this year I can’t see Fangio going after that. They have absolutely 0 at QB and that team might make the playoffs. The hate for that guy is mind boggling. He’s doing a good job. There is almost always a guy or two you don’t expect to get it and then are surprised…..I’m going to float out two that could go despite it being seemingly unlikely. Rivera and Kingsburry. It’s not always a team with a terrible record that moves on. Sometimes it’s when a coach loses a locker room and both seem to be approaching that. What happened on the Washington sideline last week was as sickening as what happened on the field. If they get completely hammered both of these next two weeks I can see them moving on. The Cardinals are in a free fall here and if they lose out then go 1 and done I think they hit a reset.

4 hours ago, eball said:

What’s your take on the reported rumor that Ken Dorsey would follow Frazier if he lands a HC job?

That would be a huge loss, Cam’s best years and so far Allen’s best years have come when Dorsey is the QBC. I have no doubts that if Dabolls leaves, Dorsey will get promoted to his job. His Frazier gets hired first, takes Dorsey, then DaBoll gets hired, that would be a horrible scenario.

Man great stuff I remember hearing about the name Shane Steichen in the summer on one SiriusXMs shows and being one to watch…that’s now two franchises he’s really been the architect behind two successful offenses..you just get the feeling a team like the Bears and developing Justin Fields would be a perfect fit 

6 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

That would be a huge loss, Cam’s best years and so far Allen’s best years have come when Dorsey is the QBC. I have no doubts that if Dabolls leaves, Dorsey will get promoted to his job. His Frazier gets hired first, takes Dorsey, then DaBoll gets hired, that would be a horrible scenario.

I would normally worry if Josh was still developing but now with him being a bonafide superstar a good quality OC won’t be that hard to find especially when your QB is one of the 5 best players in football 

Another excellent contribution, Gunner!

That retread list is truly rough.

Pederson caught lightning in a bottle with a completely magical Nick Foles ride to the SB.  As you pointed out, he then he steered his young QB and the team right into the ground.  What does he bring a new team that looks fetching?

Bowles should just enjoy the good career he has built as a DC and avoid being exposed again as a pretty bad HC and game day man.

Jim Caldwell's coaching acumen in Indy evaporated with the departure of Manning.  Prior to that, Caldwell could be seen every Sunday giving that thousand yard stare; unmoving and unblinking for hours....

As for the rest...

I think many would wonder what the game day role of Bieniemy and Hackett is given who their HC's (and QBs) are.   And unless Rodgers arrives in the car with Hackett, no one is sniffing the latter too closely.

Leftwich is intriguing...

Moore, as you say, will not likely be allowed to leave the building.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I will also say that I see Daboll not being here no matter what happens. WGR played a sound bite of his today and he (rightfully so) praised McKenzie and basically said that McKenzie should be in the lineup, which seemed like a not so subtle slam of McDermott (the context certainly made me believe that). I think there may be trouble in that relationship. I guess we will see soon enough.

Edited by Beast

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

Just did a quick search and according to this he is getting interview requests and has had some since the Colts debacle https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-josh-mcdaniels-garnering-head-coaching-interest-among-nfl-owners/

Of course they don't name specific teams so it may just be hot air. I have to say, even for a Patriots coach he's especially dislikable and has a face I would never trust. I hope he does leave and ends up crashing and burning again like he did before. 

I don't recall him being interviewed since. If someone can prove he has been I take it back. I am pretty sure he hasn't. 

2 hours ago, Buddo said:

Frazier should definitely be getting some looks, and if I was a GM of someone like the Jags with their QB, Daboll would have to come into consideration also.

I think if the Bears came calling, Leslie would be gone, but I'm less certain about some of the other teams. Maybe the Jags, as they have a QB.

Carolina might be an option, depending on what they are thinking about doing in respect of a QB. Tepper might be impatient, but he is loaded, and a 3 year deal to get stability back into that franchise, would be in his best interests.

The desire for some stabilty could also lead Frazier to the Raiders (or should it be the Raiders to Frazier).

Carolina might be an option for Daboll, if he can persuade Trubisky to go with him, as might be the Jags, as I mentioned before (without Trubisky). With Trubisky, the Broncos might also be a slot he could drop into.

In my mimnd, it's probably now or never fror Frazier - although I don't think it necessarily should be. Daboll I think still has time on his side.

I just don’t see Carolina moving on from Rhule.  I think Tepper wants to look smart and therefore will over spend to get players for Rhule because that was his guy.  

He overpayed and gave additional years to Rhule to keep him from NYJ interviews - I suspect he has another 2 years there to get things right.

Carolina - I think they will try to be in play for every big name QB for Tepper to try and buy his way to success.  I expect they will inquire about Russ, Rodgers, and Watson - with only Watson really being in play for them.  I really expect them to do some stupid Houston like trades to quickly try and buy a playoff team.  They are the team I am watching this off season to set the bar for how not to build a team.

My thoughts that no one asked for:

1. Fangio may well be gone, however keeping them in playoff contention with Bridgewater and Lock at QB and in that though division should be commended. 

2. Brian Daboll will get a surprisingly low amount of reported interviews. I don't think he's the hot commodity that the Schefters and Rapports of the NFL make him out to be. Of course, it only takes 1 team to like him enough...but my gut says he's back here next year.

3. Frazier on the other hand may well be scooped up by a team that could use some stability. Raiders make sense, though I think Rich Bisaccia should be given serious consideration with where the team is now despite all the chaos surrounding the team.

4. One name I may add to the "Might Walk Away" list....Andy Reid. I feel like should KC win another Super Bowl there may be a chance he moves to a front office role with the team. This would (in my opinion) be the best shot for Bieniemy to land a HC role. 

5. Wouldn't shock me if Culley is 1 and done in Houston as well.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Better than if he goes back and hires Marrone as OL or OC to return a favor.  🤮

He already did that. While OC in Jacksonville he brought Marrone in to work on his staff. All Marrone did was hop him to become HC, then fire Hackett as a scapegoat when things turned (predictablely) sour.

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

The side note on Pederson should be that yes he won a Lombardi but no coach in the history of the NFL has won one with one team and gone on to win another with a different team.

The same thing was true about starting QBs until Peyton did it a few years ago.

"For everything, there is a first time." - Spock

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.