Black Monday(UPDATED: Fangio OUT; Zim & Spielman OUT; Nagy & Pace OUT; Flores OUT; Judge OUT; Culley OUT)

GunnerBill

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Having read TSW within the last month, I would respectfully submit you forgot to list GM and HC as 'hanging by a thread' in Buffalo. 🤔

😁 Interesting analysis, a good read.  Thank you.

You kill me Ridge...I was thinking the same thing ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The side note on Pederson should be that yes he won a Lombardi but no coach in the history of the NFL has won one with one team and gone on to win another with a different team.

Edited by JMF2006
sentence structure forgot BE

13 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Good writeup but man, that is a sad list of prospects.  When he was with the Jets, Todd Bowles was the worst situational coach I’ve ever seen.  Just absolutely no clue what was going on around him.  Glad the Bills aren’t in the market this year.

I agree it is a sad list. The league cannot sustain 6 or 7 vacancies a year. It depletes the pool too quickly. 

• Like (+1) 1

so many jobs so few quality applicants. It happens in the NFL and it happens t0 college football programs too. You want to try to give guys their shot to succeed so Im more a fan of those hires than I have other names. For every Frank Reich there just may be an Eric Bienemey waiting in the wings so we shall see.

The Fighting Irish in the Fiesta Bowl yesterday trotted out Marcus Freeman,  a highly regarded but was his First head coaching  Ever...his team gave up 3 TD's to lose that game. Hubby says he was outcoached in 2nd half but that isn't the whole story......

anyway I interject that because if u go with the younger less experienced prospect you may have some bumps in the road...NFL isnt very forgiving ask Urban Meyer. N.ot F.or L.ong  indeed.

m

30 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The side note on Pederson should that yes he won a Lombardi but no coach in the history of the NFL has won one with one team and gone on to win another with a different team.

Semantics. Weeb Ewbank won with John Unitas in Baltimore just before the AFL began play, then won SBIII with the Jets.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Scott Fitterer was hired as GM a year ago with Rhule already in place, and whether he feels any loyalty there or fancies the chance to hire his own guy remains to be seen. But owner David Pepper does not have a reputation for patience. 

I’m of the understanding that Rhule has as much or more say as Fitterer in big decision. This was part of the agreement he secured with Tepper when Tepper swooped in to whoo him before he could even get to the Giants interview.

Tepper is the only one with firing power.

Rhule has lost the locker room. It actually started at least a month ago. I feel there is a 50/50 chance he gets the boot. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.