CDC changes isolation period...NFL now adopts (Bills related for Gabe Davis)

Hebert19

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not football relevant, except to note that part of the protocol change was that clubs were to distribute home antigen tests to players for the use of friends and families.  Whether they actually use them before get-togethers or just stack them up in a cabinet, again 🤷‍♂️ but I'd bet my last dime they aren't masking.

If they are labeled NFL on it likely signing and selling to fans.  Money first.

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well yeah Bease is going to have more catches since he's the starter and McK isn't on the field hardly at all when Bease is playing besides KR.. You can't get a lot of catches/stats when not playing. But yes obviously we can use both, I meant wanting to see more opportunities for McK.

I always reserve the right to be wrong, but the scheme may be to tone McKenzie down for the last 2 regular season games & then increase his role in the playoffs.  This may help from a strategic point to take advantage of defenses trying to scheme against him in the playoffs 

18 minutes ago, Golden said:

I always reserve the right to be wrong, but the scheme may be to tone McKenzie down for the last 2 regular season games & then increase his role in the playoffs.  This may help from a strategic point to take advantage of defenses trying to scheme against him in the playoffs 

Lol, well we all are wrong sometimes, but I for sure think you are definitely not in the ball park here simply if looking at Daboll clearly hasn't used him hardly at all the whole season compared to last season. Many including myself have questioned why. He's just been KR for most part while doing pretty well other than that fumble and only got back on offense when Bease was out.

So highly doubt it's  anything about scheme last 2 games...however I do hope his opportunities increase from here on out and into playoffs. He certainly earned it

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

20 minutes ago, Golden said:

You do know that this is the playoffs right now... the Bills cannot afford to lose a game.

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

And Sanders have more catches than Davis. Who would you rather see play?

Davis. But Sanders who started off strong has faded. In contrast Beasley has been very consistent across the season.  And as great as McKenzie was Sunday, Beasley has been playing at a top 3 slot WR level for nearly three straight seasons:

2019:  67 - 778 - 6 TD

2020:  82 - 967 - 4 TD

2021:  76 - 640 - 1 TD

That's great production.

And I would like to see Beasley and McKenzie on the field at the same time.  There are some innovative formations you can run out of with these two together.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Davis. But Sanders who started off strong has faded. In contrast Beasley has been very consistent across the season.  And as great as McKenzie was Sunday, Beasley has been playing at a top 3 slot WR level for nearly three straight seasons:

That's great production.

And I would like to see Beasley and McKenzie on the field at the same time.  There are some innovative formations you can run out of with these two together.

McKenzie has over 1/6 of his yards in one game...

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

McKenzie has over 1/6 of his yards in one game...

I'm not saying McKenzie wasn't great on Sunday - he was.  And I think McKenzie needs to be integrated more fully into the Bills offense.  But Beasley has been consistently productive over the last THREE seasons.  Sorry, but I see a real value in consistency. 

I may be wrong here but I get a sense that there's an anti-Beasley bias coming through in some of this.  One great game by McKenzie doesn't mean we should toss Beasley to the curb.  And given that most of McKenzie's catches were at the boundary of the field while Beasley thrives between the hash marks it seems like we could employ both guys in the passing game at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm not saying McKenzie wasn't great on Sunday - he was.  And I think McKenzie needs to be integrated more fully into the Bills offense.  But Beasley has been consistently productive over the last THREE seasons.  Sorry, but I see a real value in consistency. 

I may be wrong here but I get a sense that there's an anti-Beasley bias coming through in some of this.  One great game by McKenzie doesn't mean we should toss Beasley to the curb.  And given that most of McKenzie's catches were at the boundary of the field while Beasley thrives between the hash marks it seems like we could employ both guys in the passing game at the same time.

I like Beasley, I kinda get the feeling the Bills are using him like an RB with some of these short routes...his YPC is extremely low this year 

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And I think McKenzie needs to be integrated more fully into the Bills offense.  But Beasley has been consistently productive over the last THREE seasons.  Sorry, but I see a real value in consistency. 

Agree with you McK needs to be a part of the offense much more and should have been from the start at least similar to last season. 

I don't think anyone is saying Bease should be tossed to the curb, at least I'm not. Just would like to see McK get more opportunities. 

35 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That's great production.

Beasley has made some important plays this year but he's not had a good year.     The Bills throw the ball like crazy so the catch numbers are going to be there but the yards per catch is ghastly which is why his yards per game is down 20 yards.    He takes a beating for a little guy so he might have hit a wall like high mileage RB.

But hopefully his brief downtime allows him to get healthier and more explosive because 8.4 yards per catch at 75% completion rate is utterly anemic production per pass attempt for a WR of any kind.   

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Beasley has made some important plays this year but he's not had a good year.     The Bills throw the ball like crazy so the catch numbers are going to be there but the yards per catch is ghastly which is why his yards per game is down 20 yards.    He takes a beating for a little guy so he might have hit a wall like high mileage RB.

But hopefully his brief downtime allows him to get healthier and more explosive because 8.4 yards per catch at 75% completion rate is utterly anemic production per pass attempt for a WR of any kind.   

Didn’t he suffer a rib injury earlier this year?  Those can be tough to deal with across the middle. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Heathcliff said:

Didn’t he suffer a rib injury earlier this year?  Those can be tough to deal with across the middle. 

Yeah he has had a lot of plays where he has hit the dirt quick after catches and relied on the officials to protect him........sometimes it's kept them behind the sticks.   His 1st down conversions are down significantly compared to last year when he was running thru contact to get RAC.   

17 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yards are important but so are first downs and Beasley made a lot of them.

It all comes down to is he willing to follow rules NFL sets so he can be depended upon.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yards are important but so are first downs and Beasley made a lot of them.

It all comes down to is he willing to follow rules NFL sets so he can be depended upon.

He’ll pry just continue paying the fines.  On a side note, I’m thankful Sanders, Diggs, and McKenzie got vaccinated over the summer.  We could’ve been down all of them against the Pats if they weren’t.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

“I have no symptoms (cough, cough)” (literally)

They don't even need to have no symptoms.  The symptoms must merely be "improving", a subjective criterion if ever I heard one.  "Oh sure, Doc, my symptoms are improving, you shoulda heard the way I was coughing yesterday".

37 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Beasley should be able to come back today as well correct?

If he hasn't had a fever for 24 hrs without fever reducing medicine and he self-certifies that he has no symptoms or that they are "improving", if the team's physician and infection control officer sign off, and if his return doesn't "break local regulations" whatever they may be in Erie County at present.  But I would expect Erie County to do the "see no evil" bit on this point, whatever their isolation regulations may currently be.

34 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Yes I heard the Wentz is able to play, so I’m sure our boys can too. 
Assuming of course they test negative soon enough. 
Great news for the Bills and Football!

They don't need to test negative to return now, from what I understand

I'm not sure it's great news for either the Bills or for Football over the longer term, but it Is what it Is.   I thought it was silly for people to rail about the NFL rules they disagreed with On and On and On, so I'm not going to do likewise.

48 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Seems like sanity has finally taken hold. Now Vax status is essentially irrelevant.

Or not, on the sanity.  Time will tell.   The NFL is "betting the rest of the season" that most of these new infections are going to be asymptomatic, that players who are driven enough to play through broken legs will accurately report their symptoms, and that infection control will be maintained through masking and distancing.  My opinion is that's going to be 0 for 3, but that's just my opinion.

As for vax status, I believe unvaccinated players still need to test daily unless they've been recently infected and recovered.  But if it's true the Bills are 91% vaccinated, they are down to only 1 or 2 uninfected unvaccinated players because that would be 6, and at least 4 have had Covid (Beasley, Davis, Brown, Lotulelei, possibly Boettger but he's now on IR)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As for vax status, I believe unvaccinated players still need to test daily unless they've been recently infected and recovered.  But if it's true the Bills are 91% vaccinated, they are down to only 1 or 2 uninfected unvaccinated players because that would be 6, and at least 4 have had Covid (Beasley, Davis, Brown, Lotulelei, possibly Boettger but he's now on IR)

Looking back at the Bills Covid list, what about Vernon Butler? He was quarantined for close contact in August, could he be one of the remaining 1-2 players?

11 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Looking back at the Bills Covid list, what about Vernon Butler? He was quarantined for close contact in August, could he be one of the remaining 1-2 players?

Entirely possible, but he could also have gotten vaccinated since then, a number of Bills players did.

I'm wondering if it might be Cody Ford (he expressed reservations about the vaccine in a tweet) and Micah Hyde (the mask). 

But just speculation.  If Poyer could change his mind and get vaccinated, Who Knows?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm not ready to toss Beasley to the curb, but the fact is we know Father Time comes for us all. 

Beasley's YPA have been (relatively) measly this season - from 9 y/target to 6.4 y/target, both YBC 7.4 to 4.7 and YAC 4.3 to 3.8.  YBC have to do with how the play is designed, so not on him perhaps, but there's also the question of why the play design has changed.  His 1st downs are "down", from 53 to 43, in part I'm sure because of playing through a rib injury (we've seen him give himself up where last year he would have fought for every inch)

That's all very well, but perhaps uninjured McKenzie > injured Beasley and Beasley's gladiator attitude of playing through anything is also "dog in the manger" and hurting the team a bit.

What was startling to me watching McKenzie last Sunday is how fast he was relative to Beasley.  Beasley is still the mastermind of picking apart the zone, but too often Josh is on his back or running for his life before he's picked it.

It seems teams have been flooding the middle and taking those middle of the field routes away, and I don't think Beasley is fast or quick enough to get to the sidelines as McKenzie did.

JMO.  But please note that the above assessment has nothing to do with Twitter, NFL Fines, vaccinations, or Covid.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not ready to toss Beasley to the curb, but the fact is we know Father Time comes for us all. 

Beasley's YPA have been (relatively) measly this season - from 9 y/target to 6.4 y/target, both YBC 7.4 to 4.7 and YAC 4.3 to 3.8.  YBC have to do with how the play is designed, so not on him perhaps, but there's also the question of why the play design has changed.  His 1st downs are "down", from 53 to 43, in part I'm sure because of playing through a rib injury (we've seen him give himself up where last year he would have fought for every inch)

That's all very well, but perhaps uninjured McKenzie > injured Beasley and Beasley's gladiator attitude of playing through anything is also "dog in the manger" and hurting the team a bit.

What was startling to me watching McKenzie last Sunday is how fast he was relative to Beasley.  Beasley is still the mastermind of picking apart the zone, but too often Josh is on his back or running for his life before he's picked it.

It seems teams have been flooding the middle and taking those middle of the field routes away, and I don't think Beasley is fast or quick enough to get to the sidelines as McKenzie did.

JMO.  But please note that the above assessment has nothing to do with Twitter, NFL Fines, vaccinations, or Covid.

I don't disagree but some of Beasley's drop in YPC is due to how the Bills are attacking defenses sitting back in zone. 

And now that McKenzie is on defensive coordinators radar having both Beas & McK on the field for some plays might prove fruitful.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.