What is Diggs injury?

Matt_In_NH

This is at least the second game Diggs was going in and out, seems to be nursing something yet as far as I know he is not showing up on the injury report.   There was one point he got thrown down on his elbow and might have injured his shoulder but that is separate than what I am talking about, seems like a knee or hip or something....they were pointing out some limping yesterday and I think he was in and out in the second half vs Tampa.  Seems like there is something up....

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

This is at least the second game Diggs was going in and out, seems to be nursing something yet as far as I know he is not showing up on the injury report.   There was one point he got thrown down on his elbow and might have injured his shoulder but that is separate than what I am talking about, seems like a knee or hip or something....they were pointing out some limping yesterday and I think he was in and out in the second half vs Tampa.  Seems like there is something up....

From what they showed yesterday it looked like a hammy or groin tweak. Add in what looked to be a shoulder issue after the suplex yesterday. 

Diggs is a tough dude, though. Gonna take quite a lot (injury wise) to keep him from playing the next 2 weeks. (And playoffs)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

From what they showed yesterday it looked like a hammy or groin tweak. Add in what looked to be a shoulder issue after the suplex yesterday. 

Diggs is a tough dude, though. Gonna take quite a lot (injury wise) to keep him from playing the next 2 weeks. (And playoffs)

I agree, I do wonder if they should consider giving him some rest though.

• Agree 1

Any starter in the NFL is going to say at this point in the season they are “dinged up.” To me it is insane that the NFL is wanting to go to an 18 game season. It would seem the only realistic way to do this would be to give teams a second bye week. This may counteract some of the additional wear and tear on the starters.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

Any starter in the NFL is going to say at this point in the season they are “dinged up.” To me it is insane that the NFL is wanting to go to an 18 game season. It would seem the only realistic way to do this would be to give teams a second bye week. This may counteract some of the additional wear and tear on the starters.

I am very much against adding to the 16 game schedule they had.  I thought it was great, season divided into 4 quarters with 4 games each, I liked to think about it that way....I like symmetry, LOL.   But its just a money grab so it will happen.  Its not like I (or anyone else) wont watch another game.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

Not only 18 game season but extended playoffs as well. For some teams that could be up to 3 extra games a year from what it was last season.

22 minutes ago, mattynh said:

He will be fine and I hope we can get up early on Atlanta and pull him out sooner than later,  cross our fingers that Davis can return this week and we don't need to use as much. I saw the plays he got banged up,  but that 3 down play to close the game out late in the 4th showed he was still very capable

27 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I know he got dinged yesterday. But it is normal for him to come in and out of games. I have season tickets and sit in the section behind the Bills bench. The WRs tend to switch up quite a bit. When I first saw him coming out of games on a normal basis, I was like, wtf is wrong with Stefon? Then he'd be right back out on the next play or two. Same thing with Sanders and Beasley. 

Based on what I could see from the suplex and him being able to return after 1 play, it looks like a grade 1 AC Joint sprain. He can play through it. Ice baths & maybe a pre-game pain injection & he should be good to go.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

I am very much against adding to the 16 game schedule they had.  I thought it was great, season divided into 4 quarters with 4 games each, I liked to think about it that way....I like symmetry, LOL.   But its just a money grab so it will happen.  Its not like I (or anyone else) wont watch another game.

I'm a big symmetry guy too ha ha. That's why the 17 games, 7 teams per conference in the playoffs... nope.

I wonder why there was no pushback at all from the players at playing an extra game?

Because there is less viewers on labor day weekend and before, and then weather becomes so harsh later on for a lot of teams, adding weeks is an issue that's quite hard to fix. As otherwise adding 2-3 bye weeks could mean more rested players, more injured players coming back, etc.

Edited by Jerome007

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

I'm a big symmetry guy too ha ha. That's why the 17 games, 7 teams per conference in the playoffs... nope.

I wonder why there was no pushback at all from the players at playing an extra game?

I think there was, it was agreed to by the NFL and NFL PA.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Does my criticism of Diggs hurt your feelings? Dudes a great receiver…. It’s about 4-5 games in a row where he’s quit mid play and bitched to the refs.

No, you're like an insufferable uncle who insists on staying at the party when his company is not desired.

Edited by Casey D

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Does my criticism of Diggs hurt your feelings? Dudes a great receiver…. It’s about 4-5 games in a row where he’s quit mid play and bitched to the refs.

I hope the Bills win a Superbowl just so you can be even more miserable. I'm sorry you have to live your life, but this just isn't a healthy way to get attention. There are people out there who will listen to you and not laugh. No one on here, but out there.. somewhere. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Right now they're (NFL) barely surviving a 17 game season with covid and all the injuries.  Half these week 16/17 games will be littered with PS players. Good luck voting on a 18 game season.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I thought the "suplex" move was very deliberately ill-intentioned. 

Should have gotten a 15 yarder on that.

I thought they were trying to get that type of cheap/intimidating crap out of the game.

This is the sort of play you see when they describe the old school NFL game where players "got their bell rung".  

6 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Are we allowed to call people Mooks on this site?

What’s a Mook?

I have no idea about the Mooks, but if they are as bad a$$ed as the Moops, watch out. 

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

It was a total body slam but are you certain it is supposed to be a penalty?

If this is accurate, https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/12/27/14089784/ashawn-robinsons-body-slam-illegal-rulebook-replay-penalty

then I guess it should have been an automatic penalty, there was little doubt about his intention on the tackle.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.