Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats

BillsFan619

Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats?

• I’m rooting for the Colts to win
    • I’m rooting for the Colts to lose
    • I can’t decide - I see the positives of both outcomes

Just now, HappyDays said:

But what is the benefit of winning the division? Even if we win out we will be 11-6. For that to be the #1 seed we would need the Chiefs to lose 3 of their 4 remaining games AND the Titans to lose 3 of their 4 remaining games. That is not happening. So if you assume the #1 seed is off the table, what is the benefit of getting a higher seed?

Speaking for myself, 1st I'd like to avoid Tenn in 1st round, winning division assures that, 2nd I will always rather have a home playoff game, 3rd winning division means we are on a 4 game win streak and you want to be hot going into the playoffs...

Last but not least....1st time I've ever heard someone say, "what's the benefit of winning the division"..I'd love to be a fly on the wall if someone ever actually seriously asked McD that question...

You think coaches/players etc agree with you and think there's no benefit to winning the division??? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

1st I'd like to avoid Tenn in 1st round, winning division assures that

Why Tennessee? We nearly beat them at their stadium when Henry and Jones and Brown were all healthy. Now Henry is done for the year, and Brown and Jones are dinged up seemingly every other week. The Titans without Henry don't scare me any more than the other teams we could potentially face.

If we win the division and the Colts win tonight there is a decent chance we end up having to face them in the wildcard round... that is the nightmare scenario IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Why Tennessee? We nearly beat them at their stadium when Henry and Jones and Brown were all healthy. Now Henry is done for the year, and Brown and Jones are dinged up seemingly every other week. The Titans without Henry don't scare me any more than the other teams we could potentially face.

If we win the division and the Colts win tonight there is a decent chance we end up having to face them in the wildcard round... that is the nightmare scenario IMO.

Why Tenn? Lol, even though Bills played a close game with them Tenn is the team nobody will want to play. Also Henry is not done for the year, he will be back by week 18 . As for Colts, there's no telling if we play them or not. Depends how it goes. Again, always will want a home playoff game. We have no clue what the weather will be. Was nice last year hosting playoffs, 

And I ask this question again....Do you think McD/players etc agree with you that there's no benefit to winning the division?

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Bottom line, Colts win tonight, we control our own destiny.  If the Colts win tonight and Buffalo wins out, they are the AFC East Champions no matter what else happens.

You also can replace the Colts with the Dolphins and the result is the same.

15 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Colts win tonight, we win out, no scoreboard watching.  No sarcasm, honest question, if the Pats win and we win out, are we assured a wild card, or are we stuck scoreboard watching?

I prefer a scenario where we control our own destiny.

Bills win out and they are guaranteed at least a Wildcard spot.

Of my very many years as a Bills fan and interacting with countless other Bills fans, attending games etc, not once have I ever came across any Bills fans that would ever root for a division rival....now today within the past few hours there are 13 according to the poll as of now LOL....

Too many honestly and the Forefathers of the Bills would be ashamed....

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

In fact it may be better for us to end up beneath the #4 seed because that all but ensures we will not face the Colts unless it is in the AFCCG.

Don't be so fearful of the Colts. It's not like they are a powerhouse. I get its not a great match up but the Bills can compete and beat them. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The nightmare scenario is missing the playoffs and we seemed fine hosting them last season with basically the same team.  I doubt the Bills play as poorly as they did earlier this year (weather dependent of course).

I want the Bills to be playing NE for 1st place in the AFC East next weekend.  Of course, we must take care of business with Carolina first, but we also need to have the Colts beat the Patriots.  What Bills fan wouldn't want that?  I mean if you are afraid of losing to NE again, do you REALLY think we'd do ok in the playoffs?

Edited by Georgia Bill
typo
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Don't be so fearful of the Colts. It's not like they are a powerhouse. I get its not a great match up but the Bills can compete and beat them. 

If it happens to play out this way and end up against Colts, then that would probably mean Bills would be on a 4 game win streak. And I would certainly hope they learned from their mistakes from last game against Colts, also hopefully will have OL at full strength..

• Like (+1) 1

The Colts are one seed ahead of us and they have a win against us and an equal record (7-6). The Patriots are 2 games up on the Bills and they play the Jaguars and Dolphins to close out the season and I don't think we can close the gap to win the division unless we win all of our remaining games. 

As much as I hate to say it, I hope the Patriots win because it helps to give us the most realistic chance of making the playoffs.

Edited by Allen2Diggs

Just now, Allen2Diggs said:

The Colts are one seed ahead of us and they have a win against us. The Patriots are 2 games up on the Bills and they play the Jaguars and Dolphins to close out the season and I don't think we can close the gap to win the division unless we win all of our remaining games. 

That's the plan bro.....solid chance it for it to happen considering 3 of the 4 are against teams that Bills have no business losing to.

3 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

How do we NOT?

They have superior coaching.  Teams that run the ball effectively, control our defense, and they run the ball tremendously.  They dared us to beat them with the pass game, our best attribute,  and we couldn't.  In game adjustments are our downfall and their strength. 

Edited by White Linen

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

If the Colts win and then the Bills lose to New England the Bills chances of making the playoffs go down substantially. The Colts win will knock the Bills out of one of the wildcard spots. Be careful what you ask for. 

The goal is to get to the top...playing the “if we lose to New England” game gives you a 7 loss team with 2 of those to N.E. and a road wild card game. You have to win at N.E. eventually, so do it next week.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

We were totally taken out of our element in the infamous wind game. Even with all of that, we almost won. Put us in a place where weather isn’t as much of a factor and I think we win.

We are a much better team than the Patriots. And unlike some think, Mac Jones isn’t the second coming of Brady. He’s closer to becoming the second coming of Chad Pennington than Brady.

They are the better team.  Saying we are is fantasy.  They were in the same elements and clowned us, on purpose,  with a historical running to passing ratio.

I'm not saying we can't beat them but to say we have a great chance is wishful.  

6 minutes ago, White Linen said:

They are the better team.  Saying we are is fantasy.  They were in the same elements and clowned us, on purpose,  with a historical running to passing ratio.

I'm not saying we can't beat them but to say we have a great chance is wishful.  

Well, the historic running/passing ratio was because their QB has a noodle arm, and we couldn't score quickly because of the weather. Let's see if they can replicate it without that wind.

• Like (+1) 1

Rooting for the Colts.  Bills control their own destiny.  Screw the Pats. There is only one scenario that I would ever root for the Pats.  Thats if it was the final week of the season and the only way the Bills get in the playoffs is for the Pats to beat whatever team it is they are playing in the final week.   Other than that... go any team playing the Pats.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Of my very many years as a Bills fan and interacting with countless other Bills fans, attending games etc, not once have I ever came across any Bills fans that would ever root for a division rival....now today within the past few hours there are 13 according to the poll as of now LOL....

Too many honestly and the Forefathers of the Bills would be ashamed....

Isn’t it interesting?

This is one of the reasons I started the thread. I kept hearing rumblings during the week of people saying that they’re hoping the Colts lose or wondering if they should hope that the Colts lose.

As of me typing, the people rooting for the Colts to lose or who are undecided is close to 40 people.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

If it happens to play out this way and end up against Colts, then that would probably mean Bills would be on a 4 game win streak. And I would certainly hope they learned from their mistakes from last game against Colts, also hopefully will have OL at full strength..

Will a full strength Bills Oline be enough to slow down or contain the Colts run game? 

2 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Well, the historic running/passing ratio was because their QB has a noodle arm, and we couldn't score quickly because of the weather. Let's see if they can replicate it without that wind.

Bill knew exactly what to do in that weather.  He'll have another plan in the next one.  I sense no plan when we play.  What was our game plan for them?  

Did you like how we prepared for Tampa?  We have a great QB and a coaching staff that gets embarrassed against better coached teams.  That's been proven.

Colts up 14-0 and flying around... so let me see if I got this correct:

Colts win tonight and we go 4-0 = Division champs and a 2-4 seed. Home playoff game round one.

Colts win tonight and we go 3-1 (losing to Pats) = potentially the 7 seed but we would need help

Colts win tonight and we go 3-1 (losing to someone else but beating Pats) = would depend on Pats record

Colts win tonight and we go 2-2 = no playoffs

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Are you really confident the Bills can go into a cold Foxboro Gillette Staduim and beat the Patriots? Sure the Bills can win but they certainly will be under dogs. I don't understand how we Bills fans can be confident going into the game. Hopeful yes...i have little confidence that our coaching staff can match the Patriots coaching staff. Allen needs to be Superman for the Bills to win. He certainly is capable of wearing the cape. We will see soon enough. First, let's take care of business vs Carolina. 

I’m not going to lie I’m not to confident in Buffalo right now, but this is my team and football, so yea I’m like bring on NE if we lose that’s how it is , but I will be pumped for the game. And really after everything that’s happened this year if the bills can’t pull off a win then so be it. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.