Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats

BillsFan619

Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats?

• I’m rooting for the Colts to win
    • I’m rooting for the Colts to lose
    • I can’t decide - I see the positives of both outcomes

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I do see that perspective. It just isn't the way I look at it and that isn't because I am defeatist. It is just because I think the Bills are so up and down I don't know that home / away, good opponent or easier opponent matters that much. It will come down to us and how we play.

So are you assuming Bills lose 1 of these last 4? If rooting for a Pats win (which is insane for a Bills fan), assuming Pats beat Colts, the Pats are then 2 games up making it more difficult to win division also making it possible Bills can win at Pats and still not win division with 2 games left. In this scenario Bills likely end up a wild card considering they go 3-1, thus making it a good chance 1st round is Bills vs Tenn

Again, assuming Bills win because we have to, following game Bills at 8-6 vs Pats at 9-5 and can take division lead with good chance of winning it with ATL and Jets left. No brainer to me. 

7 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

You see on the one hand it hurts the Bills WC chances on the other the hatred runs deep.

I want my cake and eat it too ;)

Hedge the bet on the WC just in case we don`t win out.

Its kind of like rooting for the Cowgirls you hate them but sometimes a win helps your Team  :)

How is that? Bills are 7th now and Colts are 6th, so either way Colts win or lose Bills still in wild card...

So assuming the Bills win tomorrow, the team has a 75% chance of making the playoffs and 23% chance of winning the division using Fivethirtyeight.  Pats win and playoff chances increase to 79%, while winning division drops to 12%.  Colts win, playoff chances drop to 72%, but division chances go up to 35%.  Given those metrics, we want the Colts to win.  And from all other perspectives, eff the Pats, we want the Colts to win. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not in any way questioning anybody's "fanhood" or whatever, so when I say this I don't want anyone to take it that way.....In all honesty out of my many, many years of being a Bills fan, this is seriously the very 1st time I have ever heard a Bills fan say they are rooting for a Pats victory for any reason, much less when a Pats win vs Colts drops Bills chances to win division by quite a bit. It truly is a 1st for me and I'm kinda shocked a little mixed with confused lol.

Only scenario I see a Bills fan rooting for a Pats win is if Bills need help to get in playoffs and that Pats win gets Bills locked in a playoff spot. Otherwise never in a million years

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there. 

17 minutes ago, Casey D said:

So assuming the Bills win tomorrow, the team has a 75% chance of making the playoffs and 23% chance of winning the division using Fivethirtyeight.  Pats win and playoff chances increase to 79%, while winning division drops to 12%.  Colts win, playoff chances drop to 72%, but division chances go up to 35%.  Given those metrics, we want the Colts to win.  And from all other perspectives, eff the Pats, we want the Colts to win. 

Thank you. I did my best at attempting to make this clear, but you did it much better with the numbers. 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

30 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

So are you assuming Bills lose 1 of these last 4? If rooting for a Pats win (which is insane for a Bills fan), assuming Pats beat Colts, the Pats are then 2 games up making it more difficult to win division also making it possible Bills can win at Pats and still not win division with 2 games left. In this scenario Bills likely end up a wild card considering they go 3-1, thus making it a good chance 1st round is Bills vs Tenn

Again, assuming Bills win because we have to, following game Bills at 8-6 vs Pats at 9-5 and can take division lead with good chance of winning it with ATL and Jets left. No brainer to me. 

How is that? Bills are 7th now and Colts are 6th, so either way Colts win or lose Bills still in wild card...

That is my whole point.... with this up and down Bills team I am not assuming anything. 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

I certainly don’t believe the Pats are better, weather is the great equalizer. 

Is there a question Mitch won’t play?  Also, Josh has to play, or my fantasy playoffs go kaput! Also, it sounds like he’s fine.

You just defined why I don’t do fantasy.  I got ya though.

Go Bills!

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is my whole point.... with this up and down Bills team I am not assuming anything. 

Well for them to make playoffs we kinda have to assume they win right?? Lol, I am assuming that Bills beat Panthers along with assuming (hoping) Colts beat Pats. Then we have a very important game to right the ship, also even if Bills do lose to Pats, they still can get in by beating ATL and Jets the final 2 as Indy likely loses to Cards. And if not it's ok because Bills still will be 7th seed. 

And with that said, there's only 1 time for a Bills fan to root for a division rival and that is final game of season and that rival gets you in post season if they win and i still would have a hard time then lol

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well for them to make playoffs we kinda have to assume they win right?? Lol, I am assuming that Bills beat Panthers along with assuming (hoping) Colts beat Pats. Then we have a very important game to right the ship, also even if Bills do lose to Pats, they still can get in by beating ATL and Jets the final 2 as Indy likely loses to Cards.

Are assumptions going to hold up over Omicron Christmas?  I'm not banking on any assumptions or specific outcomes.

Just now, cwater10 said:

Are assumptions going to hold up over Omicron Christmas?  I'm not banking on any assumptions or specific outcomes.

Well when having discussions about Bills making playoffs and certain scenarios you have to assume they win, because if not then no playoffs...You see what I mean??

And just to be clear, I'm not "banking" on any kind of outcome...just simple talk of possible way things may play out...

Lastly, what's the deal with the bold? 

We have the luxury of knowing that one of two teams we're competing with will lose.  Relax and enjoy the game, and hope the Colts show some weaknesses in the NE system that we can exploit. 

Big picture, getting the one seed is not likely, and that means winning the division doesn't matter much except for having the game in Buffalo, where the Bills have not done all that well this year.  So the main thing is to win enough to get into the playoffs, avoid more injuries, avoid covid, and keep Cody Ford on the bench.

4 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Not that I agree with them but I’ve heard people on the forum say that it may be better for the Colts to lose because it opens up more playoff possibilities for us and they don’t feel we can beat the Pats.

If we can’t figure out how to beat the Pats and other top teams, then just getting into the playoffs has no real meaning.  Barring some weird Covid altered playoffs.)  Go big or go home.

Edited by BarleyNY

29 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well for them to make playoffs we kinda have to assume they win right?? Lol, I am assuming that Bills beat Panthers along with assuming (hoping) Colts beat Pats. Then we have a very important game to right the ship, also even if Bills do lose to Pats, they still can get in by beating ATL and Jets the final 2 as Indy likely loses to Cards. And if not it's ok because Bills still will be 7th seed. 

And with that said, there's only 1 time for a Bills fan to root for a division rival and that is final game of season and that rival gets you in post season if they win and i still would have a hard time then lol

To make the playoffs I assume they have to win at least 3 but with this Bills team I don't assume they will. I know though that in a one off game they can beat anyone.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

To make the playoffs I assume they have to win at least 3 but with this Bills team I don't assume they will. I know though that in a one off game they can beat anyone.

If the Bills think of themselves as a playoff team, winning 3 games must be a completely sure thing.  Panthers, Falcons, Jets.  If we can't beat all three there's no point in getting into the playoffs.  So figure at least 10-7.  That's probably good enough considering all the other head to head games our competition will be playing.  

Over the past couple of decades, the Bills actually have a better record (or, slightly less terrible record) against the Pats, playing at their place than in Orchard Park.  Depending on the health of the defense, there's no reason we can't beat NE too.  11-6, and maybe win the division.  

3 minutes ago, Utah John said:

If the Bills think of themselves as a playoff team, winning 3 games must be a completely sure thing.  Panthers, Falcons, Jets.  If we can't beat all three there's no point in getting into the playoffs.  So figure at least 10-7.  That's probably good enough considering all the other head to head games our competition will be playing.  

Over the past couple of decades, the Bills actually have a better record (or, slightly less terrible record) against the Pats, playing at their place than in Orchard Park.  Depending on the health of the defense, there's no reason we can't beat NE too.  11-6, and maybe win the division.  

Again can the Bills beat New England? Yes. I think they can beat anyone. They took last year's champs to OT and bar an awful non-call they probably win. They beat last year's AFC Champs. 

But they can lose to the Steelers and Jags. 

This team is one that makes me disagree with the "if they can't do X then there is no point getting in" line of thinking. Because this Bills team could lose to Carolina, go 10-7 squeeze in and then beat Tennessee in the wildcard. It is that sort of jekyll and hyde team. Hence my priority is eliminating the competition to make it in. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I mean when picking which team you're rooting for, you're rooting for the team that you assume will turn out the best for Bills, which is NOT a Pats victory by the way

• Disagree 1

23 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I mean when picking which team you're rooting for, you're rooting for the team that you assume will turn out the best for Bills, which is NOT a Pats victory by the way

No I disagree. The best outcome for an unpredictable team like this one is the one that offers the easiest route to the dance because I take nothing else for granted.

• Disagree 1

Colts beat Pats and we win out, we win the East.  We will have split the head-to-head and hold the tie-breaker by virtue of division record.  We beat the Panthers, Colts beat the Pats, and we hold our fate in our hands again.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Colts.

Bills are winning out and the Pats* will lose to Miami.

The division is ours.

Pats don't even have to lose to Miami, if the Colts beat 'em.  That first loss to them costs them the tie-breaker if we win out.  Pats just need one other loss.  Colts work out fine.

14 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Colts beat Pats and we win out, we win the East.  We will have split the head-to-head and hold the tie-breaker by virtue of division record.  We beat the Panthers, Colts beat the Pats, and we hold our fate in our hands again.

Pats don't even have to lose to Miami, if the Colts beat 'em.  That first loss to them costs them the tie-breaker if we win out.  Pats just need one other loss.  Colts work out fine.

Pats need to lose two games and we need to win out.  They're two games up on us.

3 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

It’s a chicken little viewpoint, the mystique of the hoodie continues on and lives rent free in their heads. The Bills can beat the Pats and beat them handily. 

What? Bills have been wildly inconsistent, so I’m not worried about the Pats, I’m worried the Bills will continue to be who they’ve been all year, a hot and cold team.

And the posters questioning how other Bills fans can root for the Pats are truly the ones who live in fear of the Pats and their legacy. Hating the Pats is great, but cutting off your nose to spite your face is foolish.

6 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

The Pats/Colts game has massive implications for our playoff run.

While I get it, it was interesting to hear on the forum this week how many fans are rooting for the Colts to lose. So, I thought I’d make a poll to get a pulse of the fan base.

I’m rooting for the Colts to win because I believe the division is still in play. The Bills have a great chance of beating the Pats and running the table.

Place your vote and then discuss. Go Bills!

What Bout a tie?  That's the real win win.

25 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I feel like we are back in the draught with these stupid rooting interests.

When was the last time the Bills won? I truly can't remember  - it was probably

a suck team.

If you don't even know when the Bills last won, then clearly you're not a Bills fan ... which begs the question, "why are you here?"

• Haha (+1) 1

With what happened last weekend, I can't see the Bills winning in Cheaterland.  So it's probably best for the Colts to lose and lose again next weekend against the 49'ers, making them at-best 9-8 on the season.  The Bills should finish 10-7 at worst.

6 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

1st of all, a Bills fan never roots for Pats to win, no matter the situation.

The day may come when a Pats* win would definitely help the Bills, but it is not this day, my friends. It is not this day.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

No I disagree. The best outcome for an unpredictable team like this one is the one that offers the easiest route to the dance because I take nothing else for granted.

Lol, well the easiest route unpredictable or not is certainly not by wild card as your'e suggesting which could put them against Tenn with Henry back. It's winning the division when it's at your finger tips like it is now and beating Panthers (which I fully expect), then the next game that they have been foaming at the mouth for comes with Pats. And if you don't think their blood has been boiling for this rematch then your kidding yourself. 

If they get a W there, then last 2 weeks is ATL and Jets and I also fully expect them to win those. That's not only the easiest route but the best route in which they avoid Tenn in 1st round. 

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I don't get what they are thinking with that....1st of all, a Bills fan never roots for Pats to win, no matter the situation.....2nd the division is still very much open. Long as Bills tske care of business as expected against Panthers, the next week we get Pats without 50 mph winds. And you know all the Bills are watering at the mouth for that rematch...

Any Bills fan rooting for Pats to win not just at this point with division up for grabs, but any point at all...ever in life, is mind boggling 

I must admit that I did root for the pats this year when they played Tom Bratty and the Bucs.

Go Colts

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.