Why the Bills wont make the playoffs.

jjmac

I'm watching the Tampa Bay game.  We spent, or are going to spend, a lot of money at QB, WR, C, OL, DL, LB, and DB.  e also spent some premium draft picks at QB, OL, DL, LB, and DB.  We cannot run, we cannot stop the run, we cannot pressure QBs, and we have trouble covering.  

We even lost to Jacksonville (!), so how are we going to fare against playoff-caliber teams?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

We are certainly the frontline contenders for most disappointing team this season.  However, OL will be first priority for next season, if it isn't looking for a new head coach.  McDermott seems very average at best.  You can see better coaches out game-planning him too frequently.

Edited by Murdox

3 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

If this team can’t even make the expanded playoffs, the whole coaching staff deserves to be fired. 

Yes, don't give the staff that has made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years and the last two consecutive years..another year to figure it out. Solid, logical and not at all emotionally charged decision making here. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Yes, don't give the staff that has made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years and the last two consecutive years..another year to figure it out. Solid, logical and not at all emotionally charged decision making here. 

If you are fine with simply making the playoffs then go ahead and continue to support this mediocrity. You can’t fail this spectacularly with a team picked to go the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I agree. They’ve earned at least 1 more year regardless of how this year pans out. 

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, McBean said:

Been on the official fire McBeane (myself) thread

Let's get rational.  Beane and McDermott lifted us out of a 17 year drought.  We are all frustrated, but a fire Mcbeane movement is at a minimum a gross over reaction.  What makes you think the Pagula,'s would find replacements that are better.

The team needs some repairs no doubt, but take a deep breathe and pump the breaks a little.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Jeff1954 said:

The team needs to let some of its very well paid veterans go. And remake the O line. Morse, Sanders, Butler, Addison, Hughes and more depending on who they can find to replace them. There also needs to be coaching changes. Bobby Johnson for a start.

Watching the Tampa Bay game and I am both in awe of Josh and worried he is going to be very badly injured.

I agree with every word.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff1954 said:

The team needs to let some of its very well paid veterans go. And remake the O line. Morse, Sanders, Butler, Addison, Hughes and more depending on who they can find to replace them. There also needs to be coaching changes. Bobby Johnson for a start.

Watching the Tampa Bay game and I am both in awe of Josh and worried he is going to be very badly injured.

This x 1000 percent

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.