If the Bills re-sign Edmunds, they're stupid.

damj

Just now, FormerlyPT5P said:

I encourage y'all to go back through this thread. It pendulums between various pro/anti Edmunds factions circle jerking after every win or loss.

Jmo

I started the thread, and I'll keep banging the drum. Edmunds is average at best and will never be an elite LB. Some team will drink the same kool-aid we did that he is so big ... so fast .. so young and throw him a stupid contract after next season. I don't want us to throw stupid money to keep him. That's my point and I will keep on it until he's gone

1 minute ago, bigduke6 said:

hes this decades version of Donte Whitner for this team,  just as a LB instead of a safety.   racking up dem tackles 10 yards down the field.

Donte at least made some impact plays once in a while

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, damj said:

I started the thread, and I'll keep banging the drum. Edmunds is average at best and will never be an elite LB. Some team will drink the same kool-aid we did that he is so big ... so fast .. so young and throw him a stupid contract after next season. I don't want us to throw stupid money to keep him. That's my point and I will keep on it until he's gone

I was a holdout. I assumed that his tackle numbers meant something more than what they did. I wanted to believe he “took away”  anything from the opposing offense. This game broke me early and often. Let’s trade him to the Jets who think so highly and recoup those high picks. 

Just now, benderbender said:

I was a holdout. I assumed that his tackle numbers meant something more than what they did. I wanted to believe he “took away”  anything from the opposing offense. This game broke me early and often. Let’s trade him to the Jets who think so highly and recoup those high picks. 

Yes, you can have high tackle numbers when you help gang tackle someone 5 yards down the field.

I had season tix when we had Bennett, Talley, Conlan, Paup, etc ... those were impact LBs. Milano is an above average LB who over achieved as a 5th round pick.

Edmunds .. taken 9 picks after Josh is suppossed to be a difference make. He isn;t

• Agree 3

35 minutes ago, Lost said:

How many pass plays has he broken up in the past 2 years?  How many sacks?  He makes a lot of tackles because he's always out of position and has to chase people down, but he doesn't even do that very well most of the time.

Edmunds played a good game. You want Ray Lewis Brian Urlanchee I get it. What I’m saying is his play is not the reason the Bills lost. There weren’t many plays to be had given the scheme. He cleaned up every tackle don’t believe he missed a tackle. 

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Edmunds played a good game. You want Ray Lewis Brian Urlanchee I get it. What I’m saying is his play is not the reason the Bills lost. There weren’t many plays to be had given the scheme. He cleaned up every tackle don’t believe he missed a tackle. 

Maybe he gets asked to do too much given the scheme, but he gets burned a lot. He seems to either choose the wrong gap, or be chasing down the ball carrier from behind on every big play the other team gets.

24 minutes ago, benderbender said:

90% of his tackles are 5-10 yards downfield. He's the most overrated LB in Bills history. He's never made an impactful play in his life and he never will. We can do better. No way he's worth 14-17M. Let some other team be dumb enough to use him.

Just now, DapperCam said:

Maybe he gets asked to do too much given the scheme, but he gets burned a lot. He seems to either choose the wrong gap, or be chasing down the ball carrier from behind on every big play the other team gets.

Playing a Cover 2 defense forces your LBs to play gap responsibility. The biggest play IMHO (Hill TD catch and run) was Levi Wallace missing the tackle. Ultimately Hill and Kelce weee 18/22 when targeted. Edmunds was playing good zone and forcing right window throws. We were one Rousseau side arm pass away from a tip or bat. It’s a game we could sit back and roast anyone but given the scheme and design we had chances just couldn’t finish off Mahomes in the pocket enough times. 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

90% of his tackles are 5-10 yards downfield. He's the most overrated LB in Bills history. He's never made an impactful play in his life and he never will. We can do better. No way he's worth 14-17M. Let some other team be dumb enough to use him.

He would make a good referee.    It seems like he just floats around the field watching the game and jogs in at the end of plays to get a hand on people for the assist.

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, In Summary said:

Edmunds exploited tonight. He had a 3 play string in the 1st half where it looked to be his assignment and he failed. Also, never any big impact plays. Not his fault he was overdrafted, but not seeing it with him. 

He was abused, like he always is against the Chiefs.  The Bills need to understand that the Chiefs are THE competition, and Edwards just isn’t good enough when it matters.

15 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Wasnt Edmunds supposed to be our Keuchly? Similar defense and responsibilities, no? Different results though. 

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

You want him to retire after 6 seasons? Or do you want someone who loves playing football for a decade plus?

Youre clearly missing the point. Keuchly made more impact plays with a concussed brain in one season than Edmunds has his entire Bills career. Quality, not quantity. 

40 minutes ago, damj said:

I had season tix when we had Bennett, Talley, Conlan, Paup, etc ... those were impact LBs. Milano is an above average LB who over achieved as a 5th round pick.

Edmunds .. taken 9 picks after Josh is suppossed to be a difference make. He isn;t

God, how this team could use a Talley, Conlan, Spielman. Milano is good, but the Bills need to add better to the LB corp.

51 minutes ago, In Summary said:

Edmunds exploited tonight. He had a 3 play string in the 1st half where it looked to be his assignment and he failed. Also, never any big impact plays. Not his fault he was overdrafted, but not seeing it with him. 

it seemed a lot of the Chiefs game plan that was particularly effective was centered on putting Edmunds in conflict situations on two routes and hitting whichever option was better. Exactly what happened to the big one to Hardman in OT, Edmunds reacted to the drag and vacated that whole side of the field to void for the crosser.

Milano is no TE eraser. Edmunds in no Keuchly. I wonder if Simmons has fallen fully out of favor in Arizona, but the book is out on this version of the Bills D unless they can land or develop some better disruption from the edge to bail it out or get some better chess piece than Edmunds for the middle.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Don’t cut him, but I would absolutely try to trade him this off-season. See how other teams value him and what they’d be willing to give. I’m at the point where Klein and Milano on the field offers no significant drop off. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

I encourage y'all to go back through this thread. It pendulums between various pro/anti Edmunds factions circle jerking after every win or loss.

Notice any correlation which faction was more active after the Bills had faced a good offense vs the Bills having faced a bad offense? I have.

Edited by pigpen65
  • Like (+1) 1

I pray somebody would do a sign and trade for a 2nd for Edmunds, take that in a heartbeat and give me 12 more million next year to find a impact defensive player.   I get so tired of people trying to turn logic on its head and defend guys like Tre and Star, like their assignments are to never make plays.  Like you are stupid for saying, ya know I never see these guys make many plays.  Its the ultimate gaslighting.

Tremaine is Mike Mamula with slightly more game, but not much.   Got the measurables, not the game.

Edited by billsfan714

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

CUT HIM ASAP

can we trade him?   some team will be stupid enough to believe the development hype. 

2 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

I wanted very badly to give up extra capital to get roquan smith.  Even though there were Like 6 picks apart , roquan has about twice the impact. 

Are people finally seeing TE is not an impact player?

or wait and draft D. Leonard. 

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Don’t cut him, but I would absolutely try to trade him this off-season. See how other teams value him and what they’d be willing to give. I’m at the point where Klein and Milano on the field offers no significant drop off. 

it’s gen been better.   and we can then upgrade an edge rusher with money saved and get another Lb

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

This will be a good test for the FO. Are they willing to admit a player they traded up for in RND1 is a bust, or will their egos not allow that?

No they will not, they will force a square peg into a round hole. We already see this with Ford, the worst draft pick given their status ever, along with the names of Maybin. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

No they will not, they will force a square peg into a round hole. We already see this with Ford, the worst draft pick given their status ever, along with the names of Maybin. 

Agreed.

How long has Edmunds been on the team? Seems they're going to roll with him.

And honest question...how often do teams part ways with a player of Edmund's draft position after only however many years he's been with the team?

3 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

He's is due a new contract, and in no way should he get paid 15-17 million dollars a year.   More like 5-7 mil, if that.  Guy is average at best.

We picked up his 5th year option, so we're stuck with him for 1 more year, unless Beane owns up to his maitake and moves him

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

CB and LB rounds 1 and 2 please

We need O-Line too

I’m ready to move off him now.   

We drafted him for that game last night and he couldn’t have been more useless.  

He’s a liability against power run teams, so if he’s not going to make a difference in that game, what’s the point?

Hate that we’re stuck with him, at that price, next year.   Will be furious if we extend him given our cap limitations.  

Maybe he balls out next year, but I highly doubt it at this point.  

Hard to not want to take a machete to any big contract player on the defense this morning. 

• Like (+1) 1

I agree. He has so much ability but his instinct or whatever it is for his ability he just doesn’t make the plays he should and his coverage is always exploited. I thought maybe as he matured and understood his ability the plays would come, but they just haven’t. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I’m ready to move off him now.   

We drafted him for that game last night and he couldn’t have been more useless.  

He’s a liability against power run teams, so if he’s not going to make a difference in that game, what’s the point?

Hate that we’re stuck with him, at that price, next year.   Will be furious if we extend him given our cap limitations.  

Maybe he balls out next year, but I highly doubt it at this point.  

Hard to not want to take a machete to any big contract player on the defense this morning. 

It's a contract year; he probably will ball out ... then right back to the same mediocre player he is

7 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

I wanted very badly to give up extra capital to get roquan smith.  Even though there were Like 6 picks apart , roquan has about twice the impact. 

Are people finally seeing TE is not an impact player?

What impact have you seen him make? Besides being fast enough to chase someone down after he missed the lane and the ####### is 5-10 yards up field. Edmunds is to fast, to strong, and just to big not to be making no plays. His instinct or something just isn’t developing 

5 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

What impact have you seen him make? Besides being fast enough to chase someone down after he missed the lane and the ####### is 5-10 yards up field. Edmunds is to fast, to strong, and just to big not to be making no plays. His instinct or something just isn’t developing 

He's built like Tarzan ... plays like Jane

• Like (+1) 3

This team is fine with keeping things the way they are...it's the McDermott way.

Edmunds will be a fixture with McDermott and his defense doing what they've been doing, and that's failing in the biggest games.

I think we all know this guy will get a new deal if he wants to be here, unfortunately 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.