This is why I love this game

Buffalo716

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think we found a running game over the past couple weeks with Breida and Spencer Brown on the field. And when we absolutely need to pass the ball we have a QB capable of running or throwing through the wind way better than the guy on the other side.

Ya I was being a little dramatic but I think if people felt the weather played to our team strength then we would all be on the dame page.

Crossing my fingers!

Just now, klos63 said:

But do you see this type of reaction for a sunny and 75 degree day in September?  Does anyone say 'this is football weather'?  No

Different strokes. For some people, a little precip, wind, and crispness in the air gets them a little more pumped. 

It's not wrong.

You have to admit though, that football is the one major sport you can play in all types of weather (aside from rugby, if you consider they a major sport)

When it gets too bad for other sports, it's still football weather.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Wow ptr throwing shots 😆

Sorry. I know it was harsh. But it's easy to love it when you're not in it

17 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

If I'm understanding you correctly, this is false. People are just embracing ALL types of weather. Football is absolutely an outdoor sport.

So's baseball. But they have the sense to not play when the weather is awful.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Different strokes. For some people, a little precip, wind, and crispness in the air gets them a little more pumped. 

It's not wrong.

You have to admit though, that football is the one major sport you can play in all types of weather (aside from rugby, if you consider they a major sport)

When it gets too bad for other sports, it's still football weather.

But the game usually sucks. We won the Colts game by a fluke PI call or we are out of the playoffs. This is not the way the biggest game of the season should be played.

A little, yeah, but not where you can't run your game plan.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

But the game usually sucks. We won the Colts game by a fluke PI call or we are out of the playoffs. This is not the way the biggest game of the season should be played.

A little, yeah, but not where you can't run your game plan.

Whatever, that game was so ***** exciting, lol. Different strokes. But it's the only sport that can still be played in that weather.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Not following what versatile means in this context.

Able to be played effectively in any type of conditions.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Whatever, that game was so ***** exciting, lol. Different strokes. But it's the only sport that can still be played in that weather.

I mean you can play ANY sport in bad weather. You could play a basketball game on an ice rink, or baseball in a blizzard, but it diminishes the sport greatly. Football in harsh weather might still be football but it's not great football. It's football left to chance.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

All the talk about a new stadium.. dome or no dome

This weather right here.. the feeling in the air right now.. is exactly why I fell in love with this game and dedicated my life to it 

This is Buffalo.. this is how football was played a hundred years ago.. this is tradition

The hairs on my arms are standing up as I'm typing this because as I said I could feel it in the air.. it's electrical

Usually nervous before big games.. but I'm so calm right now.. because this is Buffalo

And Mac Jones is not prepared for everything that is about to be thrown at him

Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills  

BILLIEVE 

LETS GOOOOO BUFFFFALLLLOOOOOOOOO

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I mean you can play ANY sport in bad weather. You could play a basketball game on an ice rink, or baseball in a blizzard, but it diminishes the sport greatly. Football in harsh weather might still be football but it's not great football. It's football left to chance.

It's not diminished nearly as greatly as basketball on an ice rink or baseball in a blizzard. 

The answer is "no" baseball is not as versatile as football.

52 minutes ago, klos63 said:

In Sept and October too?  That's ridiculous. Why wouldn't you say nice weather goes hand in hand when it's sunny? 

This is stupid weather to play football in.   Somehow people decided that of all types of weather the game is played in, bad weather is football weather.  Crazy.

If it wasn't meant to be played in the elements football would be played from

May to September.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

If you want this team to win a SB and take FULL advantage of JA's skills, build the damn dome. If you insist on your outdoor 40mph experience buy a kite and go outside.  The diehards will never surrender their experience. 

the diehards would like a dome to enhance the noise we make!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Wind , rain , snow, whatever... Heavy elements and football go hand in hand since the inception of the game

This is stupid.  95% of the games are played either indoors or in good weather.

Weather is so important that all but 1 Super Bowl has been played in great weather stadiums or domes.

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

This weather right here.. the feeling in the air right now.. is exactly why I fell in love with this game and dedicated my life to it 

This is Buffalo.. this is how football was played a hundred years ago.. this is tradition

The hairs on my arms are standing up as I'm typing this because as I said I could feel it in the air.. it's electrical

Usually nervous before big games.. but I'm so calm right now.. because this is Buffalo

BILLIEVE 

If this is Buffalo, Brandon overrated Beane needs to call Chris Ballard this offseason to get tips on how to assemble a running team who’s physical.

If Buffalo refuses to build a dome, this is the crap that happens and will continue to happen.

40 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If you want this team to win a SB and take FULL advantage of JA's skills, build the damn dome. If you insist on your outdoor 40mph experience buy a kite and go outside.  The diehards will never surrender their experience. 

Amen

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Did lack of a home dome keep them out of the Sb last season?

Maybe Kraft will put up a dome in NE for JA by the 26th?  They should at least ask...

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This team didn’t play well tonight. Stop blaming it on lack of dome. No one said this the past 50 years. It’s so lame and overused at this point. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

This team didn’t play well tonight. Stop blaming it on lack of dome. No one said this the past 50 years. It’s so lame and overused at this point. 

Belichick has truly broken the minds of our fanbase. He has them blaming our stadium for our losses now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

This is stupid.  95% of the games are played either indoors or in good weather.

Weather is so important that all but 1 Super Bowl has been played in great weather stadiums or domes.

You don't actually think that's why Super Bowls are played indoors or in warm weather locales, do you?

You can’t build your entire team around 40 mph wind AND win in a modern Super Bowl. 

*No Super Bowl will be played in that weather, EVER!  

I love seeing the snow on national Tv too but get a grip on your hometown weather pride. 

This was a 100% coaching loss. They did not adapt to the situation fast enough in game. . But the team can’t be built around 40 mph winds either.  

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You don't actually think that's why Super Bowls are played indoors or in warm weather locales, do you?

I think that weather as an experience is so over rated that the NFL has chosen to not play the most important game in an place that weather is a factor.  Last night was not a good game.  There was very little to watch and enjoy as basically it was reduced to 2 teams trying to run the ball and 1 team actually trying to make plays when the wind was behind them.  

If weather was truly an important part of football as some suggest - then the Super Bowl would move around through high population Northern cities like Chicago, NY, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, but it doesn’t.

The NFL recognizes for the best experience and the best game the Super Bowl should be played in the best conditions to provide the best experience for fans and players.  Therefore places like SD and Jacksonville get Super Bowls and even Minnesota and Detroit in cold weather cities over NY and Chicago.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

BILLIEVE 

Well this didn’t age well !  Lol!  Mac jones did all he needed to do and is 1-0 vs Mcd and Allen. This league is really a ciuaches league!  Next year is time for a change in o coordinator, o line coach and offensive philosophy!    Why have a strong armed qb if you are going to tie his hands with bad play calling!   Wasting  a great talent this year!  

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

BILLIEVE 

This did not age well.

Yet, it’s 2021……not hundreds of years ago. Watching 2 teams trying to run the clock out because the wind prevented them from passing is not good football.  If that’s the way it’s meant to be played, I’ll leave it for the next guy.  

When one stadium averages 16mph winds over the course of the season (which will be much higher now) and the 3rd highest is 10 mph, there’s a problem that needs to be fixed.  All of my non bills fans feel the same. 

oh well.  Back to the drawing board Beane.  He MUST build a run game.  Either by hiring a new OC that can scheme the run or by allocating more resources to the OL and RB.  The wind isn’t going away. We have to adapt or this is what we’ll be talking about for the next few years…….the weather.  

The weather……we talking about the weather.  The weather.  Not the game….. not the game…..but the weather.  🙄 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

BILLIEVE 

If the Bills won I’d be 100% behind what you’re saying today.  Oh man Josh leading that epic comeback against all elements…. While watching from the comfort of my room lol

But I feel more experienced/seasoned coaches like Bill know how to plan their game plan for the elements.  I’m not sure how much a home field advantage it really is anymore in 2021.

Maybe I’m just annoyed after last night but I say build the dome

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The answer is clearly "no".  Time to let go of the domesday scenario.  It's ridiculous. 

Building a dome in the windiest city (and one of the coldest) in the nfl is ridiculous…..lol.  

It’s only ridiculous when your cheap or in the select .1% of the manliest of men.

building a dome so EVERYONE can enjoy the game makes a lot of sense.  Not everyone enjoys sitting in that crap.  Not everyone enjoys watching a team run the ball on every single play.  There’s a good % of the fan base that loves watching 2 teams play to the best of their abilities without Mother Nature wagging her finger, “no no no.  No passing for you today Mac Jones”.  That’s what happened yesterday and it wasn’t nearly as enjoyable as if they played that game in a dome.  Some disagree….. because being manly is srs biz

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.