December 6, 2021 Gameday Bills vs. Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I am not liking this…my stomach is in knots! 

That's the whole deal w/ sports.  99% of the time, they're not fun.  We spend our whole lives watching them and investing emotions in outcomes, but it doesn't even register on the risk/reward scale.

It's awesome.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Beast said:

Who will be returning kicks?

Seriously, I may instruct my punt returner to not attempt to catch a punt tonight.

Makes you wonder too - even with the wind do you not kick kickoffs into the EZ - force the other team to have to catch/handle a high ball moving all over the place

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

That's the whole deal w/ sports.  99% of the time, they're not fun.  We spend our whole lives watching them and investing emotions in outcomes, but it doesn't even register on the risk/reward scale.

It's awesome.

So you’re telling me being a sports fan is like being in a marriage. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Do the Pats have a better OL than us? I thought they did.

Would also take D. Harris over any of our RBs

Everyone has a better oline than what we’ve had to start this season haha doesn’t mean the pats will have success against our front 7 in a relatively unbalanced game playcalling wise though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, boater said:

If the Bills win the coin toss, they deffer. Because weather will be better in the second half.. they can pick which direction to go in the better weather.

Not how it works!

If you win the toss you can either make your choice now or to start the 2nd half.   The choices you have are kick receive, or defend.  If you defer

you then get to make that choice in the 2nd half, but once you select one of the three, the other team picks next what they want.

So if you defer NE can then either choice to receive, kick off, or defend.   The Bills do NOT get to kick off and choose the end they want!  It's one or the other.

The thought has crossed my mind though who ever wins the toss, will they instead pick the end to defend and give the other team the ball both times.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1