December 6, 2021 Gameday Bills vs. Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

Many years ago, I married a beautiful Filipina who grew up in the sunny equatorial city of Davao where NFL football is barely known.

I explained to her that while I might be old, I am not old-fashioned.  I believe women are equal to men.  When we married, we'd be partners and she could do as many - or few - of the household chores as she so chose.  If she didn't want to cook, clean, or do the laundry...  well, that was her choice as a fully realized human being capable of independent thought and with her own life priorities.  

But I did have one non-negotiable requirement.  She had to become a Bills fan. 

Last night, she ordered Buffalo Wings to be delivered at game time today.  Today she went to work in Bills gear.  The rituals have been respected.  The omens are right.  The Bills will win.

Sounds like a good woman to me!!  👍

7 minutes ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Just wait tomorrow when the whole world bows down after the wicked (((beat-down)) on NE tonight!

The storyline will be "wait til the Bills have to go to NE in a couple of weeks."

The national media isn't going to give up on the Pats* storyline without a fight.

Edited by BRH

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Disagree with your interpretation. Show me where I stated the Patriots are great?  I was trying to convey how good the Pats are playing. There is a difference. Look at the Raiders or Broncos for a reference. The Pats  are 8-4, blowing teams out, have the number 1 defense, and won 6 games in a row. Meanwhile, you have a very inconsistent Bills team who wins by a large margin or plays like dog poop. Isn't it hard to know what Bills team shows up tonight.  Who would have deeamed about how they played on opening day or vs the Jags? The good version must often will beat the Pats especially on their home field. Not once have I said this game is a blowout. Imho, its a nail bitter ending in a field goal victory. I've talked about the strengths and weaknesses of each team and what I think might be keys to winning or losing. As a Bills fan, I can remain objective and analyze and interpret the facts, tendencies, and possible outcomes. Of course, I am not always correct and the game script isn't a given. With that said, I don't know how thinking the Bills might lose this game equates with not being a Bills fan. Someone please eloborate on that. 

Jags game is the only game we didn’t show up imo…the team ‘not showing up’ happens more infrequently than you think. That Steelers defense has been banged up all year but we got them at full strength week one and controlled that game…they just hit on every ridiculous lobbed pass into tight coverage.  colts game we got forced into an unfavorable defensive scheme due to injuries in our front 7…jags game the offensive line had the worst game I’ve ever seen an offensive line have but it’s still pretty inexcusable despite the injuries we had because they aren’t exactly world beaters on the defensive side. The matchups tonight are better than what we had to work with in most of those losses because we’re getting help in the trenches which is why I feel better tonight. I think we all knew we were in trouble for that colts game missing star and edmunds 

9 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Many years ago, I married a beautiful Filipina who grew up in the sunny equatorial city of Davao where NFL football is barely known.

I explained to her that while I might be old, I am not old-fashioned.  I believe women are equal to men.  When we married, we'd be partners and she could do as many - or few - of the household chores as she so chose.  If she didn't want to cook, clean, or do the laundry...  well, that was her choice as a fully realized human being capable of independent thought and with her own life priorities.  

But I did have one non-negotiable requirement.  She had to become a Bills fan. 

Last night, she ordered Buffalo Wings to be delivered at game time today.  Today she went to work in Bills gear.  The rituals have been respected.  The omens are right.  The Bills will win.

Great Story thanks for sharing!

i met a beautiful Filipina also but in the Tug Hill Plateau, lost her because i was old-fashioned! Life moved on but i always miss her during a bills game. her name was Russell

Edited by Sugar High JA17
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BRH said:

The storyline will be "wait til the Bills have to go to NE in a couple of weeks."

The national media isn't going to give up on the Pats* storyline without a fight.

Unfortunately for them that likely won’t matter…we have a stranglehold with a win tonight even if we guarantee a loss against TB…division tiebreaker is pretty much settled tonight with a win. They needed that week 1 win against Miami badly…the odds they beat us in the rematch and we lose to the jets and they beat Miami are slim to none

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Unfortunately for them that likely won’t matter…we have a stranglehold with a win tonight even if we guarantee a loss against TB…division tiebreaker is pretty much settled tonight with a win. 

That won't stop the media from talking about them.

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Jags game is the only game we didn’t show up imo…the team ‘not showing up’ happens more infrequently than you think. That Steelers defense has been banged up all year but we got them at full strength week one and controlled that game…they just hit on every ridiculous lobbed pass into tight coverage.  colts game we got forced into an unfavorable defensive scheme due to injuries in our front 7…jags game the offensive line had the worst game I’ve ever seen an offensive line have but it’s still pretty inexcusable despite the injuries we had because they aren’t exactly world beaters on the defensive side. The matchups tonight are better than what we had to work with in most of those losses because we’re getting help in the trenches which is why I feel better tonight. I think we all knew we were in trouble for that colts game missing star and edmunds 

This I agree with 100%

If the Bills win the coin toss and defer, it will be interesting to see if the defense holds and fores a punt.  The winds, specially early in the game, will make punting interesting.   Watch in pregame warm ups how the punters try to deal with the gusts.  

6 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Yeah, right whatever you say this is a game which means we either stand as the strongest power, along with having swagger, and confidence.  If we don't it'll be a collapsing mentality, we won't be talking playoffs, we'll have to rebuild to be a power, and we'll have to ponder what could've been for the season.  If they lose this, I'm writing them off for the season, treating any other win with a "meh", and saying McDermott cannot stand toe to toe with any elite Coaching regimes or franchises.  If they win I'll post a topic publicly apologizing to saying McDermott and saying I'll trust the process.  This is the biggest game for Buffalo with the biggest stakes, tests, and the AFC on the line.  You and others can downplay it but we've known these Bills and this is it for our year and everybody knows it.

Wonderful productive attitude you have there, it must be real fun time for you.

14 minutes ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Great Story thanks for sharing!

i met a beautiful Filipina also but in the Tug Hill Plateau, lost her because i was old-fashioned! Life moved on but i always miss her during a bills game. her name was Russell

Russell? Yeah I know her 🤫

7 hours ago, TBBills said:

This is the type of game supposedly tailored for Josh Allen and his super arm.

Noodle arm Mac Jones  might not even be able to hold onto the ball.

Allen has not exactly been stellar in bad weather games.

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Bloodhound Gang Reference?

In fact, three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
Since that midnight run haulin' hog to Shakey Town on I-10.
I had picked up this hitchhiker that was sweatin' gallons
Through a pair of Daisy Duke cut-offs and one of those Fruit Of The Loom tank-tops.
Well, that night I lost myself to ruby red lips,
Milky white skin and baby blue eyes.
Name was Russell.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Not sure I completely agree with you assessment but it's fair response. Appreciate your point of view. I'd argue that you are making a lot of excuses and minimizing the Bills poor play and losses. Probably, the truth lies somewhere in between. 

Based on your post is it fair to say the Bills are ready to play? Fair to say win or lose no excuses? 

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Yea well Belichick is 0-2 against the Bills when I have homemade waffles for breakfast.

Unrelated...but can pancakes be considered waffles without pockets? Asking for a friend.😬

1.  You better have made waffles for breakfast this morning!

2.  Tell your "friend"....  yes!

• Haha (+1) 1

My $10 bet to win $200

Knox +29.5 yds rec

Diggs +60.5 yds rec

Harris +49.5 yds rushing

Jones +5.5 yds rushing

Buf +21.5pts

Buf WIN

It will be tough to throw but Allen still throws for 200+ and at least 30+ of those to Knox and 60+ to Diggs. NE will be running the ball so I see Harris going for 50+ and Jones will have a few scrambles so 6 yds seems easy. I just dont see a 13-6 game and see the Bills scoring at least 24 and winning. Final 31-13 Bills.

31 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I hope we blitz the living ***** out of this guy and never let him get comfortable. Surely keep an eye out for the screens but don’t let this kid get comfortable 

This is where I’m leaning too.

Go right after this team, and clamp down with press man to man on the outside. 

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

My $10 bet to win $200

Knox +29.5 yds rec

Diggs +60.5 yds rec

Harris +49.5 yds rushing

Jones +5.5 yds rushing

Buf +21.5pts

Buf WIN

It will be tough to throw but Allen still throws for 200+ and at least 30+ of those to Knox and 60+ to Diggs. NE will be running the ball so I see Harris going for 50+ and Jones will have a few scrambles so 6 yds seems easy. I just dont see a 13-6 game and see the Bills scoring at least 24 and winning. Final 31-13 Bills.

Those two might haunt you! Good luck

Right-Dude-Here says, take a deep breath & count to 420. The Bills got this!