December 6, 2021 Gameday Bills vs. Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, Success said:

Why are the Pats exempt from critique?  They lost to Miami, they probably should have lost to Houston, they were held to mainly FG's by 2 other fairly bad teams.  They struggled mightily w/ TN until the end - and that team was missing all kinds of key players in both the running and passing game.

I feel like people here give the Pats too much credit, and the Bills not enough. Both teams have struggled at points this season.

Throw the loss to Miami out the window, that was the beginning of the season. Who brings up the Steelers beating Buffalo?

I agree with you on everything else.

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I've been going back and forth on whether the wind is an advantage or disadvantage to the Bills. I'm thinking it's more of a disadvantage to the Bills because they are the superior passing team. Any thoughts?

Personally, I think the wind will be an equal disadvantage - unless the Wind Gods decide to ease up only when the Bills have possession.  🤔

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Great!  Now Dave's career is going to take a nose-dive.

Oh wait....  😉

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like a nice gentle breeze.  Nothing to be concerned about....

No Way Reaction GIF by Laff

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Per weather.com

So the High Wind Warning ends at 7:00.

Do the winds become moderate after that?

6F4B29E1-754C-4310-8A11-35C6D0E204E5.jpeg

7:01 = 7-8 mph

2 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Personally, I think the wind will be an equal disadvantage - unless the Wind Gods decide to ease up only when the Bills have possession.  🤔

Aside from swirling and crazy things, the wind should generally be blowing toward the tunnel end of the field.

There could easily be a "with the wind" and "against the wind" aspect to passing and kicking, depending on who is doing what and when.

That should even out somewhat but it doesn't have to; depends on luck.

4 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Yep. Wind is never an advantage for a team. This crap that 'this is why Allen was drafted'..lol as the kids say.

A big arm does not mean anything in the wind.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I've been going back and forth on whether the wind is an advantage or disadvantage to the Bills. I'm thinking it's more of a disadvantage to the Bills because they are the superior passing team. Any thoughts?

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/season/mac-jones/JON586540/2021/all/qb-grid

I believe the contrary as Mac Jones has trouble on hitting down the middle past LOS to past 20 yds (most of his INTs there) and anything past 20 to sidelines in good weather.  So he will be limited to flares, dump offs to running backs and short crossers meaning Bills can just play short areas with zone or some man if blitzing.   Even the TE Seam and WR Curls 15 15 yards will be problematic for him as he has never seen weather like he will tonight.   Balls fly high when wind behind you and get hung up into the wind.   Really think his lack of arm strength will hurt Pats offense tonight and make it easier for Bills to sell out to stop the run game.  

Bills should also play the taller DEs and DTs (AJ, Groot, Efe, etc) to help knock balls down or force tipped balls on passing downs.  If Edmunds and Milano don't have to drop deep they can really commit to run and bail at last moment of play action.  Those 2 and Taron Johnson in coverage will be keys to how the Bills do tonight.

• Thank you (+1) 1

So, a while back, I changed my DTV package to one that was less expensive. Mainly because my wife wanted Hallmark channel. Weird the lower package had the channel but the higher one didn't. Today I discovered that I don't have ESPN. Signed up for a free trial of HULU+ which has the game. Hoping everything works the way it's supposed to in these high winds.