December 6, 2021 Gameday Bills vs. Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Noted on the RedZone channel yesterday; 25 of the 32 NFL teams have 5 wins or more through the first 12 weeks for the 1st time in pro football history. We’re one of those teams and like most teams this year, we’ve contributed to other teams reaching this mark.   EQUALITY -not Parity- is entrenched in the League. The Joy vs. Misery is palpable in WNY and finds us looking up in the Division to the hated Patriots*, just ahead of tonight’s mega-matchup at HOME on MNF! Yet again, Mother Nature will stamp her presence on the festivities with game time temps near freezing and gale winds with monster gusts prevalent throughout the day and game. (Dome anyone?)

It’s the 1st game throughout the remainder of the season we’ll be without the services of the irrepressible, irreplaceable Tre’davious White, lost to a serious injury on Thanksgiving. Weather, injuries & mental funks aside, it’s December and there are no more excuses. Win or die. 

To Hell with obstacles, FIND A WAY!

Simply put, the Pats* are a quality team. The crap they were forced to deal with last season (Covid opt outs, Brady departing late in the offseason & a washed up Cam) are history. They have very good interior line play to go along with capable skill positions, strong ST’s and HOF coaching. They’ll be a challenge for the foreseeable future. One can argue the jury is still out on their formulaic rookie QB, but he’s currently only tasked with not turning the ball over while eating clock. 

For us, it’s about fundamentals -as it always is.. Make them earn everything, minimize penalties and turnovers -and For God’s Sake, keep ‘McKittrick’ away from the ball! Idgaf how few t/o’s he’s officially credited with, he’s too small to effectively protect the ball and is a disaster waiting to happen in a cold, windy, snowy night game. Allen must be judicious. Only throw passes the elements can’t affect, protect the ball to the point of taking sacks, don’t attempt ‘read throws’ -where you and the receiver try to guess what the other will do- and be an encouraging influence on teammates.

The Mafia will take care of the rest.

Happy Holidays!

Go BILLS!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good Morning, and Happy Game Day to all! It's going to be a long Monday, but stay focused, get your job done, and then enjoy the late evening celebration as the Bills put the Pats back into 2nd place in the AFC East.

LET'S GO, BUFFALO!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

We’re gonna win tonight! I feel it and my new secret method tells me so. 😉
Weather be damned!  WILL IT!
Make it so.

AMEN! And, "CAN I GET A WITNESS," to whatever that secret method is Chandler. ... I feel good about this one; wind, snow, or rain, I am confident the Bills are the better team, and will win this one comfortably. It will be fun watching all the talking-heads back peddle tomorrow. .... Regardless, have a great day!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

One aspect notably missing so far this year is a patented Josh Allen Come From Behind victory. With 2 exceptions (Tennessee, Jax), we either blow out our opponents OR are too far behind to make happen. I hope he still carries this magic -just in case..

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

One aspect notably missing so far this year is a patented Josh Allen Come From Behind victory. With 2 exceptions (Tennessee, Jax), we either blow out our opponents OR are too far behind to make happen. I hope he still carries this magic -just in case..

I want to see a Chiefs game-like dominant win! 

• Like (+1) 3

Hourly forecast on weather.com shows wind slowing down to below 10mph by gametime and continuing to decrease from there on.    Bombs away!

Ooops.   Nope.   That is on Tuesday!   Doh!

For tonight - Wind at 8PM = 26mph.   23% chance of precip at that time.

Edited by PolishDave
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

This is the type of game supposedly tailored for Josh Allen and his super arm.

Noodle arm Mac Jones  might not even be able to hold onto the ball.

Make no mistake about it the Pats are a run first team. If the Bills can't stop their run game they won't win. "Noodle arm" Jones has looked pretty good. He bares some credit for their 6 game winning streak. They don't ask him to anything he's not capable of doing. He's been nothing short of great dinking and dunking the ball. His offensive jas been good. 

The great Josh Allen's has been limited in his greatness due to the poor offensive line performance and lack of run threat.  The Pats defense is number one in the league. Their pass rush is fantastic.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2

Happy Game Day!

After Jax I was sure that the One  seed was done, and out of reach!  But today even after this roller coaster of a season, the One seed is most definitely in play! Lots of Football left but we need our team to show up and play like the team We believe we have. 

I expect a focused group tonight, dialed in and ready to turn the talking heads back to us. Let’s Go!! 

Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 1

I want to throw up.

I have a whole day of work, a fairly intense day, to be followed by 3 plus hours waiting for the most important game of the season against the most difficult opponent facing our most hated rival and on the league’s biggest stage.

Please, someone come to my house and knock me out.

Go Bills.

• Haha (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Make no mistake about it the Pats are a run first team. If the Bills can't stop their run game they won't win. "Noodle arm" Jones has looked pretty good. He bares some credit for their 6 game winning streak. They don't ask him to anything he's not capable of doing. He's been nothing short of great dinking and dunking the ball. His offensive jas been good. 

The great Josh Allen's has been limited in his greatness due to the poor offensive line performance and lack of run threat.  The Pats defense is number one in the league. Their pass rush is fantastic.

As usual, so unnecessary..🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This is where we have to show up, not get beaten, blown out, and or completely manhandled.  If that happens it'll be a game of did McDermott get handed the yearly idiot ball award.  

28 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Thinking the great Josh Allen has been limited by several factors and that even with a depleted offensive line there's just a lot of question marks in Buffalo.

• Eyeroll 1

We will have our strongest possible offensive line combination out there. Have had 11 days to prepare. Have seen the Pats ascend to the #1 seed. No excuses. Just find a way to win. 

The Pats are a quality opponent this season, like it or not. Jones isn't spectacular...but he doesn't need to be. Their RBs are good. Time for the Bills to hunt.

I don't see us losing this game. 

• Like (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I want to throw up.

I have a whole day of work, a fairly intense day, to be followed by 3 plus hours waiting for the most important game of the season against the most difficult opponent facing our most hated rival and on the league’s biggest stage.

Go Bills.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/1059ea30-f60d-4ed2-a8b1-1fdb7fc6fe71

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Question if the Bills win tonight. Right now NE is the #1 seed. If Buffalo wins tonight does that make them the #2 or #3 seed? The Titans would be ahead of the Bills obviously but are the Bills in front of the Ravens? I know they would be in front of the Chiefs.

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Question if the Bills win tonight. Right now NE is the #1 seed. If Buffalo wins tonight does that make them the #2 or #3 seed? The Titans would be ahead of the Bills obviously but are the Bills in front of the Ravens? I know they would be in front of the Chiefs.

There would be four Division leaders with 8-4 records.  Check the multi-team tiebreakers.  Loss to Titans and win over Chiefs will only factor in once two other teams have been seeded one and two. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If the Bills win tonight we will sit at Two seed. Titans will be 1. A loss and we stay at Seven seed. 

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

If the Bills win tonight we will sit at Two seed. Titans will be 1. A loss and we stay at Seven seed. 

They would be ahead of the Ravens with a win tonight? I thought Baltimore had a better conference record.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Yea he deserves a Ryan Fitzpatrick type of credit. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

As usual, so unnecessary..🤦‍♂️

Really why? It's clear you don't like and agree with my input. That is your right and I have no issues with that. However, your response here is pretty disturbing. 

1 hour ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

This is where we have to show up, not get beaten, blown out, and or completely manhandled.  If that happens it'll be a game of did McDermott get handed the yearly idiot ball award.  

Thinking the great Josh Allen has been limited by several factors and that even with a depleted offensive line there's just a lot of question marks in Buffalo.

Agree but your post here won't be welcomed by most here.

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

a close game is of course possible, but my gut tells us we will know in the first quarter which way this will end up.  i expect the winner to kind of dominate the loser.  i have it 40% the pats just truck us and we get pushed around, 35% we show improve, body them up, and allen just makes super man plays to dominate the pats.  of the 25% in the middle, i see us grinding out a win at 20%, and the pats sneaking one at 5%.  so, i have us winning 55% of the time, but getting dominated 40% of the time.  this will be the biggest statement game of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They would be ahead of the Ravens with a win tonight? I thought Baltimore had a better conference record.

I know it will be discussed ad nauseum either way but I don’t really care what seed the Bills are in after tonight. These teams play again this month. There are 5 games to go. A lot more dominos to fall. If this was the last week of the season and it determined the division or determined playoff seeding, it would be as meaningful as everyone is saying. But it isn’t. The narrative that the bills would be “out of the playoffs” if they lose this game is false and that’s even without the raiders loss yesterday. There are a lot of afc “contenders” who still play each other and the playoff picture will look different week to week. I get that this game is more about the division, but the reality is that if the Bills lose tonight and win in foxboro, if both teams win out the bills win the division by tiebreaker. So I get the hype, but putting this game as the “season definer” just  isn’t accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I want to throw up.

Go Bills.

Well, ok....but remember you asked for it.

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, colin said:

a close game is of course possible, but my gut tells us we will know in the first quarter which way this will end up.  i expect the winner to kind of dominate the loser.  i have it 40% the pats just truck us and we get pushed around, 35% we show improve, body them up, and allen just makes super man plays to dominate the pats.  of the 25% in the middle, i see us grinding out a win at 20%, and the pats sneaking one at 5%.  so, i have us winning 55% of the time, but getting dominated 40% of the time.  this will be the biggest statement game of the season.

What scientific method do you use to come up with these percentages?   lol

So first the Patriots have a 40% chance of winning and the Bills win the other 35% - in that scenario the middle wins 25% of the time?

No wait....then you say....

20% chance the Bills win and only 5% chance the Patriots win?   I like those odds, I think... but who wins the other 75% of the time?

Wait...then you corrected yourself and said 55% chance the Bills win but only a 40% chance they lose.

The more I re-read your post and look at the percentages you posted the more insane the whole post is.   Thanks for giving me a chuckle this morning.

Bro,  I hope to be as drunk by game time as you already appear to be now. 🤣

Edited by PolishDave
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Josh and Daboll need to stay humble and hungry tonight. Take what the Pats give you. Don't be too haughty to settle for field goals. There's nothing wrong with ball control drives.

As for the defense, the Bills have to get to Macorkle, or at least make him very uncomfortable. Do we have Star back?

• Like (+1) 2