Around the League Week 10

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Boy, PFF is really bad at their job. Unless everyone actually realizes that their only job is to generate traffic and clicks. Then it becomes apparent that they are exceptional at promoting their awful content. Sunday night football mouthpieces help too.

Cody Ford had the best week for our oline today, 0 pressures or sacks on all 3 kneel downs to end the game. 

15 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Boy, PFF is really bad at their job. Unless everyone actually realizes that their only job is to generate traffic and clicks. Then it becomes apparent that they are exceptional at promoting their awful content. Sunday night football mouthpieces help too.

The problem is relying on college metrics to predict pro success is absolutely pointless.

2 hours ago, billsherd said:

Pats are looking good.

Last year was nice, but when I think of the ass-kicking that the Bills are going to give the Pats 2x this year, it just puts a smile on my face & warms my heart.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The problem is relying on college metrics to predict pro success is absolutely pointless.

It leaves no realistic wiggle room to allow for human progression outside of the standard numerical progression structure allowed by the proponents of metrics. No statistical system has ever been written to account for Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Fred Jackson, Josh Allen etc. etc. etc. There will always be outliers but some of these metrics only guys are so firmly entrenched in proving they are correct that they are unable to modify their modeling when it is obvious that the mold has been broken.

• Eyeroll 1

My friend and I bet on a game each week to see who buys lunch the following week.  I invited him to pick any team he wanted, knowing he would take the Cardinals. 

I knew he didn't know Murray was out, and that the Panthers had an eager Newton.  I should have had him give me underdog odds, like buying the drinks or something.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.