Trubisky to covid 19 list; Davis Webb elevated from PS

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I went to lunch with my in-laws and then to the craft show.

Now no Mitch?

I WAS GONE FOR THREE HOURS, WHAT THE F*** DID YOU GUYS DO?!

You should NEVER leave us unsupervised for so long! You should know that, so I’m putting this on YOU! 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Trying to get back to what matters (to ME, at least), I don’t care about definitions or who got vaxxed and who didn’t. That is their decision. What I care about as a fan is how many games would they have to miss. I care about wins and losses on the football field. As a person I care about their health, but as a fan I just want our guys available. 

Green Bay might just lose home field advantage in the playoffs and hurt their chances for a SB victory. I would hate for that to be on ME, that’s all I’m saying. 

• Like (+1) 5

50 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Tomorrow is the day.  Allen must test negative (obviously).  He will be tested on game day due to close contact

Not necessarily - he could be unvaccinated, not a close contact because he hasn't been placed on the covid list, and tested on game day due to daily testing

Either way....he's gotta be tested with two of his three QB teammates already left on the dock.  Nerverack time

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He only has to test tomorrow if he’s a close contact of any of these 3 guys

Or if he's unvaccinated, they test every day

53 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah I just went back and watched and I think you’re right.

I thought because Beasley had a red wristband + mask at his 1st training camp PC and Josh Allen had a blue wristband + no mask that maybe it meant Allen was vaccinated but you just killed that theory!  😂 Guess it was just wishful thinking on my part 

If you link a photo, can determine

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not necessarily - he could be unvaccinated, not a close contact because he hasn't been placed on the covid list, and tested on game day due to daily testing

Either way....he's gotta be tested with two of his three QB teammates already left on the dock.  Nerverack time

Or if he's unvaccinated, they test every day

If you link a photo, can determine

It was in this video. (sorry for no photo but it’s easier to post the video than to try and get a screen shot to a small enough file size that I can post it on this site)

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

So, if he has to pass a test tomorrow, and assuming it's PCR:

I suspect they'll set that sucker at about one thermo cycle/min, for let's say 2-3 cycles.

No fuss, no muss: clean test.

Does not work that way, can not work that way, sorry,  if you want the gouge PM @Rochesterfan, he knows this stuff.

Of course, it's possible they don't have to put the swab so far back up his nose .....

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

It was in this video. (sorry for no photo but it’s easier to post the video than to try and get a screen shot to a small enough file size that I can post it on this site)

Yeah, that's the Super Cade bracelet.  it's got this distinctive blue and white marbleing.

But just compare and contrast that with AR's BS  

Josh just said straight out he's going to keep medical information "to me" and any talks with the team private and that's that.

No one badgered or hectored him about it but you just know if someone tried he would have kept his cool and just repeated himself.

Yes there were a few opinion pieces saying he should get vaxxed blah blah but no mob attack I ever saw, on or off SM

They ask him about different protocols and stuff he gives straightforward direct answers like "at the end of the day we're all professionals"

Thats.  My.  Quarterback.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Not touching this with a 10 ft. pole.

How about a 6 foot Lithuanian? or a blank Czeck?

Simmer down, Siblings. 

I've been mostly sending some PMs and stuff but if I gotta come in here again and clean up, Mjolnir is gonna get a workout

Gentle Reminder:

What this space is:  A FOOTBALL FORUM

What we do: We talk about football (and sometimes peripherally other things) This includes sometimes reviewing NFL's covid policies and what NFL players have been placed on the Covid list and why, Stadium policies and their impacts/what apps comply etc.

What we don't do: Engage in a general debate about Covid.  If you want to debate the validity of vaccines, Western medicine and published studies, share your personal anecdote about Covid or your cute meme or your Youtube video, etc etc etc - Somewhere Else, Not Here, please.

There are literally thousands of places on the internet where you can "scratch that itch" and only a few where we can talk about Bills Football.

Again, as @SDS said, please take a moment and report posts that fall outside the spirit of this announcement; "I was only responding to...." is not helpful in maintaining this as a FOOTBALL FORUM.

Thanks and GO BILLS

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

feel pretty confident (based on his past comments) Josh isn't vaxxed.   

Webb could be starting vs. the Jets.   :o

He hasn't been observed following mandatory protocols for nonvaxed players which strongly suggests that he is vaccinated. Unless he's pulling a Rodgers. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Sure. That’s easy.

Theres actually only about 10 ingredients in the vaccines and it’s mostly stuff like fats, salts, sugar, a ph stabilizing agent and the recipe for the covid spike protein.

https://www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/HealthU/2021/01/11/a-simple-breakdown-of-the-ingredients-in-the-covid-vaccines/

and it does have an effect in stopping covid.

edit - sorry TBD, I know this discussion is veering off topic. I’ll leave it be here.

I for one am happy to be the same species as you. Whether this is the place for this discussion doesn’t matter. You are relaying important information backed up with facts and knowledge. We have the ability to end this pandemic and return to normal. Misinformation and propagandist are the culprits. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

W

This is correct… 2 negative tests within 24 hours of vaccinated.

As far Josh - I am pretty sure he is vaccinated.  If you watch his press conference on the first day of practice he didn’t have a mask.

Beasley did have one.  Pretty sure Josh is vaccinated 

This.  Just because he doesn't disclose or says that it's a personal thing doesn't mean he isn't. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

What’s Joe Webb up to these days?

Delivering packages...

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He hasn't been observed following mandatory protocols for nonvaxed players which strongly suggests that he is vaccinated. Unless he's pulling a Rodgers. 

Hopefully the later...

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

Our coaches are smart. They had to have learned from the Broncos debacle last year. I imagine they keep Josh and Mitch away from each other enough to not make them close contacts per the NFL code. Could be wrong, as I’m not 100% sure what all the rules are. But I have to imagine we will have Josh this week. 

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If news breaks tomorrow about Josh being in close contact, and I flew down here to watch Davis Webb……

....you will Enjoy the Game?  I mean, the D will still be there AFAIK

Seriously though, I think the "close contact" thing would have rolled by now, as long as Josh doesn't actually test positive himself at 5 am you should be good

8 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

if Davis Webb has to play i think we be ok will make the game pretty interesting tho, dude seems pretty athletic if first read isnt there run Davis run😁

Josh said in one of the preseason pressers (I think): "He is actually faster than I am.  I hate to admit it - but I guess I just did."

On the other hand, he doesn't have Josh's innate athleticism and his strength, the ability to just make a move and make guys miss or shrug them off.

And for a guy who is as tall as Josh (6'5", 225) he just doesn't have as much zip to his pip

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I paid a ton of money to fly to NYC, get club seats, and stay in a Upper West Side hotel.  Allen had better dam well be playing next Sunday

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If news breaks tomorrow about Josh being in close contact, and I flew down here to watch Davis Webb……

I feel for you....I'm well over $2k for NYC next week.  

25 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I paid a ton of money to fly to NYC, get club seats, and stay in a Upper West Side hotel.  Allen had better dam well be playing next Sunday

I feel for you....I'm well over $2k for NYC next week.  

Why are you spending that money out of town? You would have more fun at the home base, and keeping the green for locals.

21 minutes ago, boater said:

Why are you spending that money out of town? You would have more fun at the home base, and keeping the green for locals.

I live in Portland Oregon. I try to get to an away game every year.  KC was the furthest west they would travel this year but I couldn't go. Last year I was going to go to the Vegas Raiders game.  I have never been to the Jets/Giants stadium.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I live in Portland Oregon. I try to get to an away game every year.  KC was the furthest west they would travel this year but I couldn't go. Last year I was going to go to the Vegas Raiders game.  I have never been to the Jets/Giants stadium.  

I totally get that. I try to make the home opener every year, then pick at least one road game. Having been to Nashville 4 years in a row, an easy 4 hour drive from Atlanta and a city we like, that was an easy choice. But there is A LOT to be said for hitting different NFL cities and venues. 

The wife spends a lot of time in NYC and I’d like to build in a Jets (or Giants) game some time just for the experience. A decent thread idea would be what cities would you like to hit, with poll, but I am FAR too lazy for that! I’d love to see a game in Denver with a nice downtown experience. I’ve been there on a game day but didn’t attend. KC is also appealing as they tailgate and the crowd feels a little like us. I’d better stop here so as not to derail things, but I get wanting different experiences. 

Have fun in the Big Apple and hope you get to see Josh lead us to a victory! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

....you will Enjoy the Game?  I mean, the D will still be there AFAIK

Seriously though, I think the "close contact" thing would have rolled by now, as long as Josh doesn't actually test positive himself at 5 am you should be good

Right. I think he just can’t be within 6 feet of Mitch for 15 minutes straight. They probably have safeguards for that in the film room and in practice. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.