Trubisky to covid 19 list; Davis Webb elevated from PS

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, tuckan said:

Josh is vaxxed.  They are not giving anyone 150 million guaranteed and not have his vaccination status clear.  Otherwise the Pegulas are fools.  They did not become billionaires by being foolish…..

He very well may be, nobody except within the team knows, but you have it twisted… they would be foolish to base our entire franchise around whether or not the QB is vaxxed. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6
  • Dislike 3

Just now, SCBills said:

He very well may be, nobody except within the team knows, but you have it twisted… they would be foolish to base our entire franchise around whether or not the QB is vaxxed.

How would they be doing that? 

This is his 4th year.  They picked up his 5th year option. 

Beane made it clear several times that they were willing to stop negotiations and wait until after the season if they couldn't agree.

Not signing him before this season is hardly "basing our entire franchise" around a decision.

4 minutes ago, Process said:

So we can assume Josh is vaxed since he isn't a ruled out as a close contact, which is awesome. 

I assume nothing.  It's possible Josh stayed far enough away from Trubisky and far enough away from Fromm that he's not considered a contact

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Do vaxed played have to test on game days? If not should be good to go.

No they don't UNLESS they are vaccinated, but have been identified as a close contact of a player who tested positive - in which case, they would test every day for 5 days.

Gentry and Fromm went on the Covid list Tuesday, so hopefully any contact with them occurred Monday at the latest ....but of course, if Josh and Webb have close contacts with Trubisky, as of yesterday then they test for 5 more days.....all this hypothesizing close contact occurred AND they are vaccinated.

This is making my head hurt and my stomach twist, I can't imagine what it does to Beane, McDermott, and Daboll.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Beane made it clear several times that they were willing to stop negotiations and wait until after the season if they couldn't agree.

Not signing him before this season is hardly "basing our entire franchise" around a decision.

Josh is the franchise.  If they knew he was the guy (and they made the right decision), you don’t play 5th year games because of his vax status.  That’s foolish.  

Sorry, this is honestly wild (IMO) that people think we would seriously not lock him down because of this.  The guy makes us a contender for the next decade, but we’re going to be that shortsighted in negotiations?  

He might be vaxxed, and if he is, no worries.. but I COMPLETELY disagree with the assertion that the Pegula’s would be foolish to not negotiate the extension with the best QB here since Kelly, maybe best QB in the NFL, because of his potential vax status. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Exactly.  There was no rush to sign an unvaccinated player.  Since the Pegulas, Beane and Coach are vaccinated, I don’t think they make this kind of investment in an unvaccinated player.  I damn well would not risk my money on that.  Would any of you?

• Disagree 6

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Josh is the franchise.  If they knew he was the guy (and they made the right decision), you don’t play 5th year games because of his vax status.  That’s foolish.  

Sorry, that is honestly wild that people think we would seriously not lock him down because of this.  The guy makes us a contender for the next decade, but we’re going to be that shortsighted in negotiations?  

He might be vaxxed, and if he is, no worries.. but I COMPLETELY disagree with the assertion that the Pegula’s would be foolish to not negotiate the extension with the best QB here since Kelly, maybe best QB in the NFL because of this.  

Well, basically, you're saying Beane isn't shooting straight when he pointed out that the Panthers waited until after Newton's 4th year to negotiate his contract, and said he'd be fine with doing that with Josh if the two sides weren't close enough.  Lots of components go into "close enough"

Now you could be right, nothing obligates Beane to tell us what he truly believes, but he usually strikes me as a straight shooter.  He won't tell you all his truth but what he says seems usually factual.

2 minutes ago, tuckan said:

Exactly.  There was no rush to sign an unvaccinated player.  Since the Pegulas, Beane and Coach are vaccinated, I don’t think they make this kind of investment in an unvaccinated player.  I damn well would not risk my money on that.  Would any of you?

Apparently SCBills not only would, but he'd say you're foolish not to.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Sorry, that is honestly wild that people think we would seriously not lock him down because of this.  The guy makes us a contender for the next decade, but we’re going to be that shortsighted in negotiations?  

He might be vaxxed, and if he is, no worries.. but I COMPLETELY disagree with the assertion that the Pegula’s would be foolish to not negotiate the extension with the best QB here since Kelly, maybe best QB in the NFL because of this.  

I disagree with this.  Covid  19 can have serious consequences.  Ask Dion Dawkins and Tommy Sweeney.  If Josh gets Covid endocarditis or another serious complications, what happens then?

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, basically, you're saying Beane isn't shooting straight when he pointed out that the Panthers waited until after Newton's 4th year to negotiate his contract, and said he'd be fine with doing that with Josh if the two sides weren't close enough.  Lots of components go into "close enough"

Now you could be right, nothing obligates Beane to tell us what he truly believes, but he usually strikes me as a straight shooter.

Apparently SCBills not only would, but he'd say you're foolish not to.

There is a difference between waiting because of money, contract, ability evaluations and waiting because of vax status.  

I’m saying if Josh checked all the boxes for the organization, yes, it’s foolish to not extend him because he’s not vaxxed (if that’s the case).  

Never-mind how Josh could take that...  We don’t know his feelings on this issue, and trust/respect goes both ways. 

21 minutes ago, tuckan said:

Josh is vaxxed.  They are not giving anyone 150 million guaranteed and not have his vaccination status clear.  Otherwise the Pegulas are fools.  They did not become billionaires by being foolish…..

Have you seen the Sabres in the past few years? Same owners...

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I assume nothing.  It's possible Josh stayed far enough away from Trubisky and far enough away from Fromm that he's not considered a contact

No they don't UNLESS they are vaccinated, but have been identified as a close contact of a player who tested positive - in which case, they would test every day for 5 days.

Gentry and Fromm went on the Covid list Tuesday, so hopefully any contact with them occurred Monday at the latest ....but of course, if Josh and Webb have close contacts with Trubisky, as of yesterday then they test for 5 more days.....all this hypothesizing close contact occurred AND they are vaccinated.

This is making my head hurt and my stomach twist, I can't imagine what it does to Beane, McDermott, and Daboll.

Oh ****. So even if we assume Josh is vaxed, if he was a close contact then he would need to test tomorrow and if positive then would obviously be out?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.