Trubisky to covid 19 list; Davis Webb elevated from PS

YoloinOhio

48 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

feel pretty confident (based on his past comments) Josh isn't vaxxed.   

Webb could be starting vs. the Jets.   :o

This actually gives me more hope that he is vaccinated.

If he were unvaccinated and was anywhere around Trubisky at all, he would be deemed a high risk close contact and would have to stay away from the team for 5 days minimum.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2021/11/03/nfl-covid-rules-protocols-aaron-rodgers-unvaccinated-players/6270691001/

So either he wasn’t around Trubisky and Fromm and Gentry (seems somewhat unlikely), or he’s vaccinated.

The fact that he was wearing a different color wrist band than Cole Beasley at training camp also makes me think he is vaccinated (teams designated vaccine status by wristband color at training camp, per NFL protocol). 

19 minutes ago, Process said:

Oh ****. So even if we assume Josh is vaxed, if he was a close contact then he would need to test tomorrow and if positive then would obviously be out?

That's my understanding.  Beane said something about it here:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/q-a-bills-gm-brandon-beane-breaks-down-why-no-trades-happened-at-the-deadline/article_133c1240-3d15-11ec-bfad-9b06beefe9af.html

BN: Based on your understanding of the current situation with Fromm and Gentry, do you have any idea as to whether those are isolated incidents? Are there follow-up tests being done?

BB: “We're definitely doing some close contact stuff. If you are vaccinated and you're deemed a close contact, 'X' number of minutes within 6 feet, then we send you out to test. If you're clear and you have no symptoms, we can bring you back in, but instead of testing once a week, we're going to test you for five straight days. That's part of the protocol. ... Fortunately, there were no unvaccinated people in this case that were deemed close contacts by the league, so we didn't have to send anyone else home. But we do have some people – players and staff – who are being monitored for the next four or five days to make sure they're good. The emphasis on them – it's on everyone – if you have any symptoms, a headache, sniffles, whatever – to let (head athletic trainer) Nate Breske know and let us test you. That's the best way we've tried to educate our building, even if you think it's nothing, just go out there and test. We'd rather you do that then just go take two Tylenol and hope it goes away.”

My understanding would be that Trubisky is probably vaccinated and was considered a close contact of Fromm so he's been testing....he tested positive this am (5th day) and got put on the Covid list. if he was considered a close contact of Fromm but unvaxxed, he would be on the list already; if he weren't considered a close contact but is vaxxed, I believe he would test on Monday....of course, he could be unvaccinated and not a close contact.....)

Josh is either vaccinated or (vaxed or not) was not considered a close contact of Fromm.  If the former, he too tested for 5 days...and now that Trubisky just went on the list, Rinse and Repeat, Josh is either vaccinated (and now tests for 5 days) or (vaxed or not) was not considered a close contact of Trubisky.

Tune in tomorrow for another episode of "As Beane's Stomach Churns"

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

As a reminder, Beane from this week:

HA! 

HA!

Slowpoke!

7 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

This actually gives me more hope that he is vaccinated.

If he were unvaccinated and was anywhere around Trubisky at all, he would be deemed a high risk close contact and would have to stay away from the team for 5 days minimum.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2021/11/03/nfl-covid-rules-protocols-aaron-rodgers-unvaccinated-players/6270691001/

So either he wasn’t around Trubisky and Fromm and Gentry (seems somewhat unlikely), or he’s vaccinated.

The fact that he was wearing a different color wrist band than Cole Beasley at training camp also makes me think he is vaccinated (teams designated vaccine status by wristband color at training camp, per NFL protocol). 

Just a note that Josh always wears a wristband, blue and white, for Cade...don't know if that's what you're speaking of

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Process said:

Oh ****. So even if we assume Josh is vaxed, if he was a close contact then he would need to test tomorrow and if positive then would obviously be out?

Yes, if he is defined as a close contact of Trubisky or had close contact with Fromm on Tuesday am....

Like I said, my stomach is in a knot just thinking about this stuff, I can't imagine what it's like for Beane, McDermott, and Daboll.

They should do Maalox commercials.

46 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How would they be doing that? 

This is his 4th year.  They picked up his 5th year option. 

Beane made it clear several times that they were willing to stop negotiations and wait until after the season if they couldn't agree.

Not signing him before this season is hardly "basing our entire franchise" around a decision.

I think you’re missing what he’s saying…

@SCBills

Correct me if I’m wrong but you’re saying… 

It wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense for the Bills organization to come to an agreement with Josh on money, length, etc. and then decide not to go through with it because he’s unvaccinated. It would be a huge grievance considering there was and is no vaccine mandate in the NFL. The NFLPA would have a field day. 

FWIW I’m over the whole vilifying people based on their vaccine status, or hell, in many cases on here… their presumed vaccine status. @Hapless Bills Fanthis is no way directed at you… just the general posting on the board. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Josh is the franchise.  If they knew he was the guy (and they made the right decision), you don’t play 5th year games because of his vax status.  That’s foolish.  

Sorry, this is honestly wild (IMO) that people think we would seriously not lock him down because of this.  The guy makes us a contender for the next decade, but we’re going to be that shortsighted in negotiations?  

He might be vaxxed, and if he is, no worries.. but I COMPLETELY disagree with the assertion that the Pegula’s would be foolish to not negotiate the extension with the best QB here since Kelly, maybe best QB in the NFL, because of his potential vax status. 

I think it's more a case of Allens agent telling him if you want a contract extension you better get vaxxed now.   Sure the Pegulas may be foolish to not negotiate, but they'd also be foolish to offer him top dollar to when you you have a player that you can't rely on being there every week because of his own choosing.  IMO they'd have offered a lower number and likely JA wouldn't have signed.  I wouldn't call that short sighted, I'd call that being smart about it and not signing someone to top $$ who's unreliable.

As has also been pointed out many times JA likely isn't willing to tell his status as playing the ultimate team player and doing his est to stay away from an us Vs them within the team so by saying nothing, nobody knows which of those two teams he's playing on.

I also think by next off season teams will have enough time to plan and more money available under the cap that only true superstar players will be signed if they aren't vaxxed.  Certainly Allen would be in that group, but also think it would cost him some money.  This year by the time people had enough time to even get vaxxed free agency was ready to start and had a lower than normal cap to deal with.  So teams just dealt with it as best they could.  Seem to recall back in September 92% of players were vaxxed likely somewhat higher by now, so league wide wouldn't lose much by not signing the un-vaxed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

@SCBills

It wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense for the Bills organization to come to an agreement with Josh on money, length, etc. and then decide not to go through with it because he’s unvaccinated. 

FWIW I’m over the whole vilifying people based on their vaccine status, or hell, in many cases on here… their presumed vaccine status. 

Who is "vilifying" anyone?

You and SCBills are most certainly entitled to your viewpoint, and you could be right.

Another viewpoint is that vaccination status might drive some concerns about guaranteed money and the structure of the contract...given that the Bills had on their roster one of the players who developed myocarditis from Covid and went out for the season, and I believe during the negotiations, their franchise LT who is owed a lot of guaranteed money went into hospital during the vaccination process, it might seem more "real" to them as a possibility to guard against contractually.

How is that "vilifying" anyone?

1 minute ago, dwight in philly said:

The sky is falling!,, jesus, he tested positive , so what. so do people who get vaxed, 

For all you know he is vaxxed, and we don't know if he tested positive (if he isn't vaxxed, he could be a close contact)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

@SCBills

It wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense for the Bills organization to come to an agreement with Josh on money, length, etc. and then decide not to go through with it because he’s unvaccinated. It would be a huge grievance considering there was and is no vaccine mandate in the NFL. The NFLPA would have a field day. 

FWIW I’m over the whole vilifying people based on their vaccine status, or hell, in many cases on here… their presumed vaccine status. @Hapless Bills Fanthis is no way directed at you… just the general posting on the board. 

My point, they would never had gotten to that point in negotiations without having a clear understanding of his vaccine status.  They would not have agreed to a contract and then pulled out because of vaccine status.  That makes no sense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, tuckan said:

My point, they would never had gotten to that point in negotiations without having a clear understanding of his vaccine status.  They would not have agreed to a contract and then pulled out because of vaccine status.  That makes no sense.

I'm guessing they "suggested" they would like him vaccinated before signing the contract

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.