Flacco Traded to the Jets

Big Blitz

2 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

They knew better, we'd have asked the farm for him

And Old McDonald himself.
McBeanes gots some leverage right there  with Mitch :)

Poor old Joe going to die on a hill in Jersey for no real reason except to cash out finally.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Why not just develop Wilson's backup? What exactly are the jets trying to salvage with Flacco? 

Probably just trying to add a vet to help out Wilson which they should have done prior to the season. In the meantime flacco can play while Wilson is hurt. Very similar to the Derek Anderson experiment in Allen’s rookie year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I just checked, Johnny Unitas is no longer “available”. 

you as old as I suspected. How about Earl Morall  (sp) though ?
Bothe wore high tops if i can recall my black and white memories. and awesome hairstyles.

Ps John was my hero as a little kid

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Edit - Flacco is the answer for one question.  Name a terrible white QB that is given yet another opportunity while Colin Kaepernick sits?  

Right, because some guy who last played in 2016 (worth noting a 1-10 record that year, with an average of a whopping 180 yards per game) is going to be ready to step in Mike White gets hurt. At least Joe has been on a NFL roster in the last 1/2 decade. The Jets are not a dumpster fire, seems bringing in a veteran to add some experience to the QB room is a day late and a dollar short, but Kaep would not be the answer. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Probably just trying to add a vet to help out Wilson which they should have done prior to the season. In the meantime flacco can play while Wilson is hurt. Very similar to the Derek Anderson experiment in Allen’s rookie year.

Except we didn't have to give up a pick to get him.  The lack of planning by Douglas at the backup QB position is quite impressive.

The Jets are going nowhere as long as current ownership is in place, dumpster fire 🔥, tire fire 🔥 sh - t show, etc etc, none of that changes until ownership changes, that organization makes the drought era Bills look competent. 

Go Bills!!!

Just don’t understand the logic of giving up draft capital of any sort for Flacco - let alone possibly giving up a 5th.  Surely better to just let their backups play and lose.   At best Flacco might narrow the margin of inevitable defeat in a couple of games by 3 points or something. 

28 minutes ago, Chewmylegoff said:

Just don’t understand the logic of giving up draft capital of any sort for Flacco - let alone possibly giving up a 5th.  Surely better to just let their backups play and lose.   At best Flacco might narrow the margin of inevitable defeat in a couple of games by 3 points or something. 

Las Vegas bookies hoping to recoup on all those games that end closely?  They 'persuaded' the Jets to make the move? 🤔

image.gif.56cc11abc045070e2994fbf22da135d5.gif

😁

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Oh, hell.  I thought you meant the Namath / Kolber clip. 🙁

And that's the 'tame' forum.  I will have to toddle on over to Gang Green and see how badly they're torching the move.

Well the other option at QB is Mike White....yeah Mike Who? 

So Joe Falco is the replacement to be thrown to the wolves ;) 

Over/Under sacks game one..5 ;) 

Over/ Under completion percentage 52 ;) 

OverUnder passing yards  195 ;) 

Joe is going to get killed.

Maybe someone else pointed this out but it's worth remembering that the Bills had Nathan Peterman as their version of Mike White on the roster to start Josh's rookie year.  When Josh had to miss games due to an elbow injury, we saw Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley added to the roster.  Josh credits them with helping him to be better after his return from injury.  Brandon Beane said it was his mistake not to have had Anderson in the room sooner and I thought the Jets were making the same kind of mistake to have Mike White as the sole backup to their rookie QB. 

Most are ripping the Jets move because that's what is usually the best reaction but if having a veteran QB in the room helps Zack Wilson be better to finish his rookie season, it's a great move.

12 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

LOL - you are correct about that, Flacco is not the answer to anything at this point. 

But what is to rectify?  Allen got hurt his rookie year just like Wilson did.  There is nothing else for the Jets to do.  They are in no position to compete.  They need full roster turnovers and they simply need to wait for their young QB to develop.  

Edit - Flacco is the answer for one question.  Name a terrible white QB that is given yet another opportunity while Colin Kaepernick sits?  

Yes he did.  And proceeded to have the worst debut in NFL history.  An UDFA that spike the ball on every snap would have had a better performance than Peterman did.  

They should have Signed Bethard like their coach wanted in the offseason, at least then there would have been someone that has taken an NFL snap behind their little mommas boy

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Maybe someone else pointed this out but it's worth remembering that the Bills had Nathan Peterman as their version of Mike White on the roster to start Josh's rookie year.  When Josh had to miss games due to an elbow injury, we saw Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley added to the roster.  Josh credits them with helping him to be better after his return from injury.  Brandon Beane said it was his mistake not to have had Anderson in the room sooner and I thought the Jets were making the same kind of mistake to have Mike White as the sole backup to their rookie QB. 

Most are ripping the Jets move because that's what is usually the best reaction but if having a veteran QB in the room helps Zack Wilson be better to finish his rookie season, it's a great move.

It's a good move to have a vet, but it's so Jets to have Flacco last year.. let him go.. and then trade what could be a 5th for him to get him back.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Agreed, but the Bills didn't trade a draft pick for Anderson or Barkley. There are veteran QBs on the open market that they could have gotten without spending draft capital. Someone mentioned Cam Newton already. I know his arm is shot, but Flacco's recent record isn't great either. They're not going to salvage the season anyway, they just want a vet for the rookie to learn from.

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It's a good move to have a vet, but it's so Jets to have Flacco last year.. let him go.. and then trade what could be a 5th for him to get him back.  

They are long in 2022 draft capital (1,1,2,2,3,4,4,5,5,6 before the Flacco trade) and have been better at using it over the last few years than say, the Dolphins.  I expect the Jets to be a bigger challenge to the Bills in the division over the next 5 years than Miami or NE.  From afar, they have a very 2018 Bills look to them to me.  Bills 2018 road win over Vikings = Jets 2021 over Titans?  Bring in vet QB mentor during rookie QB injury? They even have a huge blowout loss with their backup QB playing.   It's big how Wilson finishes the year and if Saleh and Douglas prove to be a good match but I am not inclined to ridicule them at this time.

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

It's been pointed out countless times.  Beane has said it was a big mistake.  They put their hope on an unproven McCarron and when 

that blew up they froze.

However..........................

How then can a division rival (Jets) not know that fact?  How can both the Jets GM and HC not look at the past few years of the AFCE division

leader and see what was done right (and wrong) to develop their QB?  How can these two guys who live their entire lives emerged in football

not have learned the lesson that Brandon Beane had to learn the hard way? 

Just as Beane and McDermott both had to take heat for their actions in 2018 (just 3 seasons ago) so do Douglas and Saleh today.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

... he has exactly one more SB ring than anyone on our team 

So…, 

😁

(6) Mike Garafolo on Twitter: "#Jets owner Woody Johnson, at the NFL fall meeting, says he has “unwavering, steadfast confidence” in Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh and the coaching staff. “We will get it right. … Just a very young team with a 22-year-old quarterback. He’s seeing things for the first time.”" / Twitter

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.