Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So let me get this straight.. Patrick Mahomes works at a shoe store for the discount until he finds out that his insurance isn't as expensive as he thought and so then he decides to buy a bunch of shoes. This is what State Farm wants us to believe? Do insurance companies ever tell the truth? SMH 

So let me get this straight Patrick Mahomes is insured by State Farm?

45 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

When did the Bills switch from traveling in dress gear to going more casual?

Last year, 

2 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

I want this win so freaking badâ€Ĥ I hate the chiefs just as much as the patriotsâ€Ĥ If we can just play our game and not choke like we did last year I think we got thisâ€Ĥ. There should be no reason we can’t rack up a ton of points on there 31st ranked defense 

I don't... not even close... The Chiefs were our whipping boys in the early 90s.  We crushed them twice in the playoffs.   

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

I have a friend who did some work with Brown this off-season. He spent quite a bit of time with him. 

I had my buddy ask AB why he didn’t come to Buffalo. He did and got a candid answer. 

“My agent told me Buffalo was going to trade for me and sign me to a big contract. I said nah, they suck. Josh Rosen is trash.” To which my buddy replied “oh, haha. You mean Josh Allen.” 
AB replied “Wait, their QB isn’t Josh Rosen?” 

I swear on my life this happened. He nixed the trade because he thought our QB was Josh Rosenâ€Ĥ and 3 years later still thought our QB was Josh Rosen. 

AB also still hasn’t paid my buddy and it’s been 6 months. 

I believe your friend told you this. So if that's what you are swearing your life to, fine.  If you are swearing your life that things actually went down as your friend was told, you might want to hold off swearing to that.

Edited by The Dean
  • Haha (+1) 1

I mean, if it's worth saying once it's worth saying a million times - how cool is it that we finally have one of the top QB's in the league again?  That was a seriously long journey since Kelly.  It's the kind of thing that makes every game seem winnable....

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I believe your friend told you this. So if that's what you are swearing your life to, fine.  If you are swearing your life that things actually went down as your friend was told, you might want to hold off swearing to that.

It’s the former. Do I think that’s actually how it unfolded? Partiallyâ€Ĥ but I 100% believe that’s the story Antonio Brown told and most likely believes himself. 

Edited by JGMcD2

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

It’s the former. Do I think that’s actually how it unfolded? Partiallyâ€Ĥ but I 100% believe that’s the story Antonio Brown told and most likely believes himself. 

Very well could be. I'm not sure how grounded in reality AB is anymore.

Two things about the story don't seem right. First of all, I have it on pretty good authority NO contract terms were discussed--it never got that far. So I think the "big contract" is either a fabrication of Brown's ego, or something his agent might have thrown out there to see if he was interested. 

The second odd thing about the story is AB still didn't know Josh Allen, not Rosen, was the Bills' QB as recently as this offseason. But then again, who knows what AB really thinks?

11 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Very well could be. I'm not sure how grounded in reality AB is anymore.

Two things about the story don't seem right. First of all, I have it on pretty good authority NO contract terms were discussed--it never got that far. So I think the "big contract" is either a fabrication of Brown's ego, or something his agent might have thrown out there to see if he was interested. 

The second odd thing about the story is AB still didn't know Josh Allen, not Rosen, was the Bills' QB as recently as this offseason. But then again, who knows what AB really thinks?

Wasn’t Josh Rosen on the Bucs practice squad last year? AB has fallen so far from what he was. He is off his rocker and really out there.

1 hour ago, SMAKCruiser said:

I don't... not even close... The Chiefs were our whipping boys in the early 90s.  We crushed them twice in the playoffs.   

For me it’s something about Mahomes that just irks meâ€Ĥ I’ll be honest I can’t even stand the sight of himâ€Ĥ..Kinda like Brady I can’t stand the sight of him either

Edited by Bimmer323i
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I expect that the Chiefs' D will try to confuse Josh so he hangs onto the ball giving the pass rush more time to get to him.  The DL may even try stunting or twisting to confuse the blocking on our O line.

On our D we almost are required to double Hill.  Our pass rush is better than last years so Mahomes hopefully will have less time to throw.

How to cover Kelce?  I'd start by chucking him at the line and having cover over the top of him maybe by Edwards who has the height and wingspan to defense Kelce when the ball gets there.

My 2 cents (make that 4 cents to account for inflation)

1 hour ago, Old Coot said:

I expect that the Chiefs' D will try to confuse Josh so he hangs onto the ball giving the pass rush more time to get to him.  The DL may even try stunting or twisting to confuse the blocking on our O line.

On our D we almost are required to double Hill.  Our pass rush is better than last years so Mahomes hopefully will have less time to throw.

How to cover Kelce?  I'd start by chucking him at the line and having cover over the top of him maybe by Edwards who has the height and wingspan to defense Kelce when the ball gets there.

My 2 cents (make that 4 cents to account for inflation)

We’re toying with teams at this point. This game won’t look anything like last year. We’re about to blast these fools.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

We’re toying with teams at this point. This game won’t look anything like last year. We’re about to blast these fools.

Guv, you didn’t just ring the bell with this take, you knocked the bell off and into the next county.  

might as well just shut the board down until kickoffâ€Ĥ

• Haha (+1) 1

Couple of interesting moves by KC ..

1) activate from IR Willie Gay LB who was out with a toe, but he did not practice Friday as he was dealing with mental health issues. a) I hope he gets the help he needs; b) he is a good player and will help them if he plays. I would assume he is playing or they wouldn't have elevated him and cut another LBer.

2) They promoted a DE from the practice squad.  Would lead one to believe that Chris Jones is less likely to play which would be HUGE.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/09/kansas-city-chiefs-roster-moves-willie-gay-jr-demone-harris-darius-harris/

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

For me it’s something about Mahomes that just irks meâ€Ĥ I’ll be honest I can’t even stand the sight of himâ€Ĥ..Kinda like Brady I can’t stand the sight of him either

I can see that... I just hate how he's already being considered one of the all time greats after a couple of years.   

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Josh Allen is an actual magician, you can't make that ***** up. Also how could somebody with hands that big possibly be successful at pickpocketing.

That is an awesome interview. Great job Maria Taylor.

On 10/9/2021 at 1:00 PM, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well they definitely have a better TE lol. However, if Knox keeps playing the way he has been that will close the gap a little.

Well I think. Knox did better than kelce this game.  But to be fair seems like Josh has more weapons he can trust, plus a whole defensive squad that will get the ball back to him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.