TNF: Panthers at Texans 8:20 NFLN

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Go for 3 points. Vs a good offense i'd debate (what situation makes sense)  to go for it.

Yeah I mean going for 3 makes sense too.  I just like to see some aggression in that position. 

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

On the replay he pulled the receivers arms and didn't play the ball. So it probably was PI

Meh, he had his hand on the receivers arm as the ball went past the receiver.  To call PI the ball has to be catchable.  He wasn't going to catch that ball.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

What were the schedule makers thinking even scheduling this doo doo fest on prime time

Every team gets a Thursday night game. Even the Jets.

Back in May when the schedule was released I'm sure Watson v. McCaffrey sounded alright.

7 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Roids or just unlucky?

The McCaffrey/Smith interview, part one, was interesting on that angle. That Broncos team back in the 90s had some athletic overachievers who improved athletically late in their careers (Romanowski, of course, a documented pharma-cheater, but also McCaffrey, who was not nearly the same specimen early in his career as he was late....even the "supplement" regimens they both designed for their children are eerily similar and suspect).

In the interview McCaffrey even alluded to his father's legacy of finding any advantage, which is thinly veiled code, oftentimes, used by athletes who expertly game their sport's testing protocols. Along with the spartan childhood nutrition reference, and what we've previously learned about their insane family "supplement" regimens, PLUS CMC's admission that he was never the biggest or fastest, and now his increasing injury history...it all screams banned substances to me. 

A young athlete who, despite genetic gifts and nurtured training habits, possessed less-than-elite NFL physical traits without a little "help." Who is now having difficulty holding up under the strain of a physically demanding game. At least that's the theory. I don't trust the legacy of those two championship Broncos teams (minus the Shanahan zone scheme...that schitt's legit). 

• Vomit 1

I picked up Arnold in fantasy football because my flex was rams Henderson so i watched him more closely. Only got me two catches but it is clear the guy is going to get snaps with his blocking if nothing else. Great bench stash since i have Kelce.

21 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

The McCaffrey/Smith interview, part one, was interesting on that angle. That Broncos team back in the 90s had some athletic overachievers who improved athletically late in their careers (Romanowski, of course, a documented pharma-cheater, but also McCaffrey, who was not nearly the same specimen early in his career as he was late....even the "supplement" regimens they both designed for their children are eerily similar and suspect).

In the interview McCaffrey even alluded to his father's legacy of finding any advantage, which is thinly veiled code, oftentimes, used by athletes who expertly game their sport's testing protocols. Along with the spartan childhood nutrition reference, and what we've previously learned about their insane family "supplement" regimens, PLUS CMC's admission that he was never the biggest or fastest, and now his increasing injury history...it all screams banned substances to me. 

A young athlete who, despite genetic gifts and nurtured training habits, possessed less-than-elite NFL physical traits without a little "help." Who is now having difficulty holding up under the strain of a physically demanding game. At least that's the theory. I don't trust the legacy of those two championship Broncos teams (minus the Shanahan zone scheme...that schitt's legit). 

You take all that McCaffrey family bad talk back right this instant mister...:cry:

It will be a shocker if the Bills don’t wipe the field with these Texan clowns in two weeks.  Good lord, that’s a bad football team.  Tyrod at least made them somewhat watchable.

The Panthers don’t strike fear into anyone either…particularly if McCaffrey isn’t playing.  Darnold was “ok” but if you even breathe on him in the pocket the ball comes out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, eball said:

It will be a shocker if the Bills don’t wipe the field with these Texan clowns in two weeks.  Good lord, that’s a bad football team.  Tyrod at least made them somewhat watchable.

The Panthers don’t strike fear into anyone either…particularly if McCaffrey isn’t playing.  Darnold was “ok” but if you even breathe on him in the pocket the ball comes out.

Lot of drops for Darnold last night. Completion pct should have been significantly higher.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Regardless of anything else and master of the obvious here, but to be clear.

...it was the Jets.

Why is that? The Panthers have played the Jets, a severely shorthanded Saints team missing nearly half of its coaching staff, and the Texans. Not exactly a murderer's row. 

Let's see what happens when the competition gets tougher. The Carolina schedule in the first half of the year is Charmin soft, however, so it may be a while before we find out where Darnold really is.

1 hour ago, buffblue said:

Why is that? The Panthers have played the Jets, a severely shorthanded Saints team missing nearly half of its coaching staff, and the Texans. Not exactly a murderer's row. 

Let's see what happens when the competition gets tougher. The Carolina schedule in the first half of the year is Charmin soft, however, so it may be a while before we find out where Darnold really is.

Because if nothing else he is 3-0 and the Jets are a bad 0-2.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

12 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah I mean going for 3 makes sense too.  I just like to see some aggression in that position. 

Meh, he had his hand on the receivers arm as the ball went past the receiver.  To call PI the ball has to be catchable.  He wasn't going to catch that ball.

Basically holding with the ball in the air, thats always PI.  

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Didn't watch the whole game but it's amazing what a change of scenery can do.

Darnold finally looking like a top 5 draft pick defying the odds in year number four similar to Allen last year.

He made some nice plays, but I wasn't super impressed?  Then again i have CMC in fantasy so i was watching through an annoyed lens.  I did think hubbard looked alright though so that was a silver lining i suppose.  

16 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Basically holding with the ball in the air, thats always PI.  

He made some nice plays, but I wasn't super impressed?  Then again i have CMC in fantasy so i was watching through an annoyed lens.  I did think hubbard looked alright though so that was a silver lining i suppose.  

He's not playing at an MVP level quite yet but just looking at his overall production as a whole compared to NY is amazing including 2 straight 300+ yard games.

At this point though need to see what he does against the likes of Tampa Bay, Bills, etc because the Panthers early schedule has been favorable so to speak.

• Dislike 1