What will the changes be at the stadium?

Jpsredemption

Just now, ProcessTruster said:

If they make everyone mask up Outdoors, I will throw up.   What a bunch of politicians.   Cave dwellers in Egypt by now are aware Covid does not spread outdoors, per the scientists guys like Poloncarz worship.   

“Follow the science”*

* until it isn’t convenient anymore 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I went to a big concert in Cali where they mandated mask-wearing for everyone. 

100% were wearing it when entering. Probably 30% were wearing it in the stadium.

So, I don't think a mask mandate is going to make a difference. If that's what it is, then I guess it's just for optics. I doubt they actually believe it would be followed or enforceable.

• Like (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

If they make everyone mask up Outdoors, I will throw up.   What a bunch of politicians.   Cave dwellers in Egypt by now are aware Covid does not spread outdoors, per the scientists guys like Poloncarz worship.   

It would be great if they at least tried to enforce the indoor mask policy that was supposed to be in place.  I'd say only about 10-15% of people were wearing them in the concourses / restrooms.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I went to a big concert in Cali where they mandated mask-wearing for everyone. 

100% were wearing it when entering. Probably 30% were wearing it in the stadium.

So, I don't think a mask mandate is going to make a difference. If that's what it is, then I guess it's just for optics. I doubt they actually believe it would be followed or enforceable.

I was at the Hollywood Bowl during Labor Day weekend and the place was packed.

Everyone had their masks on when they entered, but once the concert started, I'm guessing about 20% of the audience kept them on for the duration.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

They're going to announce that *****'s are now allowed to be thrown at all of the opposing team's players, not just Tom Brady since he will never be in Buffalo again. Gotta keep the tradition alive. 

He will be 4 years from now…

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I was at the Hollywood Bowl during Labor Day weekend and the place was packed.

Everyone had their masks on when they entered, but once the concert started, I'm guessing about 20% of the audience kept them on for the duration.

John Williams? I bet that was wonderful.

I was seeing Weezer/Green Day

• Like (+1) 1

Gonna be an unpopular mandate.  Like said above, probably a negative Covid test or vaccinated.

In no way do they have the workforce to enforce masking in the corridors.  Or outside for that matter.   Thought it was supposed to masks for unvaccinated at all times.  Under 10% masked.  National vaccination rates at 51% currently…

From a general sense, I felt a little bit "dirty" being anywhere indoors or out with 70,000 people. I just got off the phone with a buddy who got married this weekend who said the same thing about his wedding, and that was only about 100 people. 

Surprisingly, I had people mock me about wearing my mask in line for entry to the stadium. The people in my section asked me WTF I was wearing a mask when I got back from the bathroom and went on a rant about mask wearing being a bunch of trash. There was no enforcement of masks indoors, bathrooms, etc. 

Maybe it was just my own assumption, but not a single person at the gates checked for vaccine cards or negative covid tests. Maybe it is because I have the NYS passport on my phone, when I download my ticket, it automatically authorizes it, but I never provided any of that information to anybody getting my tickets or going through the gate. 

I have to say, as much as I love the Bills, it was rather uncomfortable for a number of reasons, part of them my own, but a good chunk not. If the Pegula's are unwilling to enforce and/or mandate certain requirements to keep people safe, I am glad the county is stepping in. 

EDIT: For all the eye rolls, vomit, etc. responses. I am in my mid-30's with an extensive athletic background. I am on gabapentin for neuropathy and colchecine for an enlarged heart, both due to Covid in December. I lost family who did the whole "if you are scared stay home" thing, until they had to go to the hospital because of a trip and fall. That person then gave it to my grandfather (they lived together) who now has congestive hear failure due to covid. He went to the hospital with complications and never came home and has since sold the house. I got covid from him, because there was nobody else to take care of him while he was sick, pre hospitalization. 

It is no joke out there guys. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, loyal2dagame said:

The bills stadium staff did nothing to enforce the mask rules and how could they.  What did they think would happen? I didn't see 1 unmasked person get turned away from buying beer or food. 

Half of the staff didn't have masks in the upper deck concourses. After I saw that, my mask was off.

Edited by fasteddie

45 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

It would be great if they at least tried to enforce the indoor mask policy that was supposed to be in place.  I'd say only about 10-15% of people were wearing them in the concourses / restrooms.

Any citizen’s arrests?

• Haha (+1) 2

It's so goddamn frustrating that people are making jokes about this.  I've had too many friends die of this disease, and it's just infuriating that we know how to stop its spread, and people refuse to take the simple steps to do so.  I'll try to stay out of this thread going forward (I'm guessing it won't stay unlocked for long anyway.)

Edited by Captain Caveman
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

John Williams? I bet that was wonderful.

I was seeing Weezer/Green Day

It was great.

I've been going to see Williams for the last 5-6 years and it's so much fun. The man is almost 90 and he's still going strong.

If you get a chance to see him in concert, do it! All of the great music from movies you get to listen to is just spectacular.

• Awesome! (+1) 1