Bills cuts to get to 53 [final info in the OP]

YoloinOhio

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

This is the way debates happen on here, all too often, unfortunately. People argue in support of a certain player, and then some folks start with this straw-man garbage. Does nothing for the debate, and only misrepresents other's opinions on the matter. If that's how you debate a subject, it's hard to take anything you say seriously.

I don't care either way on jones.  There need to be dedicated ST players though - thats not a debate. 

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

This is the way debates happen on here, all too often, unfortunately. People argue in support of a certain player, and then some folks start with this straw-man garbage. Does nothing for the debate, and only misrepresents other's opinions on the matter. If that's how you debate a subject, it's hard to take anything you say seriously.

You and this straw man comment.  You just said that to me on another post, yet I have presented a plethora of thought and reason as to why I thought he wasn't a lock for the roster.  So, no disrespect...running around posting "straw-man" comments is literally just you doing that, not the other way around.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I am most interested in the future of following people (despite recent dialogue)

Stevenson - We havent kept 7 WRs before, but I would like to see us do it this year as I am intrigued about this guy and like to see him make the team.

Wildgoose - I have a sneaky feeling about him being someone who could make the final roster and like his potential.  Mostly, McD has always done well at developing DB's too, so would like to see the kid stick.

I think Stevenson is definitely going to be here. We don't usually cut our 5th Draft Pick, his speed and return ability is something that we needed going into the Offseason, we need WR's for after this season (Sanders, McKenzie, Kumerow are all FA's and Cole could be a cap casualty) and he's flashed his ability quite a bit this preseason. And with a number of unvaccinated WR's that could be put on the list any given week - I think it's necessary to keep at least an extra guy there. I don't think we can risk him clearing waivers.

Wildgoose I think will be released. Dane Jackson will take over Josh Norman's roster spot and Damar Hamlin will take over Dean Marlowe's. I don't see us changing anything else or keeping an extra guy.

• Agree 1

Just now, HOUSE said:

Taiwan Jones is very popular here today, he would be thrilled

What's driving this is a VERY vocal, frequently posting minority that want him gone and a number of people who see it unlikely based on comments from the decision makers, actions in sitting him all preseason, and already losing a number of key contributors on that side of the ball. And when those things are brought up, they don't want to hear it and argue back. And around and around we go 😆

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Wildgoose I think will be released. Dane Jackson will take over Josh Norman's roster spot and Damar Hamlin will take over Dean Marlowe's. I don't see us changing anything else or keeping an extra guy.

Doesn't Wildgoose take Cam Lewis' roster spot then? Or was Cam not rostered most of the year? My memory is hazy on this. 

You and this straw man comment.  You just said that to me on another post, yet I have presented a plethora of thought and reason as to why I thought he wasn't a lock for the roster.  So, no disrespect...running around posting "straw-man" comments is literally just you doing that, not the other way around.  

The straw man argument is claiming that I, or others are claiming that Jones os a "gunner God," or that "he has to be on at all costs." The straw man argument I pointed that you made, "Again, does not mean there isn’t someone else capable of good gunner play.  That’s the point.  Some of you have made this decision ONLY Taiwan is capable of it," is something that literally no one is suggesting.

That is the definition of a straw-man argument. You were arguing a point that no one was making, as if they were. 

And I mean no disrespect either. I generally love your posts, and respect your opinions.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The legend of Taiwan Jones, Gunner God, is reaching epic proportions now!

I’ll never forget that collision with a Charger player 2,years ago lost his helmet bleeding profusely and The crowd chanting a&&h&&& at the guy for blatant cheap shot at Taiwan

Edited by Muppy

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If he makes the team, Taiwan Jones jerseys are going to fly off the shelves. Such a god tier gunner that he’s irreplaceable. 

Maybe they are just keeping him for Juju purposes? The last game he played against us, we all remember how that went. One reception in OT with a run after the catch which put them in FG range to win it. 

So how soon can players that make the 53 be designated to IR? Do they have to wait for the start of the season or as long as they are part of the 53 they can go and we can start resigning players (assuming they don't have to clear waivers)?

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

What's driving this is a VERY vocal, frequently posting minority that want him gone and a number of people who see it unlikely based on comments from the decision makers, actions in sitting him all preseason, and already losing a number of key contributors on that side of the ball. And when those things are brought up, they don't want to hear it and argue back. And around and around we go 😆

The whole point was are we able to substitute slightly less performance to help our team maintain a plethora amount of WRs in a system that uses 5 wide very often. Apparently its forbidden to question the sanctity of all that is gunner holy. Forgive me Taiwan for doubting your supernatural special teamsness. All hail the gunner god. May we sacrifice a buffalo to bring you great fortune this season.  

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

The straw man argument is claiming that I, or others are claiming that Jones os a "gunner God," or that "he has to be on at all costs." The straw man argument I pointed that you made, "Again, does not mean there isn’t someone else capable of good gunner play.  That’s the point.  Some of you have made this decision ONLY Taiwan is capable of it," is something that literally no one is suggesting.

That is the definition of a straw-man argument. You were arguing a point that no one was making, as if they were. 

And I mean no disrespect either. I generally love your posts, and respect your opinions.

Fair enough, but there have been plenty of those types of arguments in a multitude of threads over the past few weeks.  

All good, like I said I meant no disrespect either.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

29 pages and 25 are devoted to a friggin special teams gunner. CLASSIC TBD 

We are clearly bored waiting for the final cut downs.  Funny, I am not sure anyone of us discussing this even care that much one way or the other.  Just something to discuss to pass the time really as I see it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Dean has actually come quite close to saying this, actually. I have no problem with that; strongly held opinions are always fine on a message board.

Straight from the horse's mouth (Dean): "Nobody has proved to the coaching staff that they are in the same league. If/when they do, I imagine Taiwan will be gone. So yes, at this point in time, I have to assme he is head and shoulders above some of the others being considered."

• Like (+1) 1

We are clearly bored waiting for the final cut downs.  Funny, I am not sure anyone of us discussing this even care that much one way or the other.  Just something to discuss to pass the time really as I see it.

McBeane prob intentionally delaying announcement so they can read our posts and laugh at us.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So how soon can players that make the 53 be designated to IR? Do they have to wait for the start of the season or as long as they are part of the 53 they can go and we can start resigning players (assuming they don't have to clear waivers)?

I believe 4pm is the end of the league day.  Any moves to ir would be the following day.  Alot of backroom dealing imo.  Looking over vets who were cut and any player to claim.  Busy night for Beane and the front office I assume. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Dean has actually come quite close to saying this, actually. I have no problem with that; strongly held opinions are always fine on a message board.

Straight from the horse's mouth (Dean): "Nobody has proved to the coaching staff that they are in the same league. If/when they do, I imagine Taiwan will be gone. So yes, at this point in time, I have to assme he is head and shoulders above some of the others being considered."

Which is fine. I have no issues with that at all. If Taiwan is that VALUABLE, then maybe we all just need to recognize his greatness. I never realized Taiwan was so elite that he was irreplaceable. So in my opinion, if that is the case, then he deserves to have his name around with other greats like Tasker. 

2 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

This is what an Elite Gunner looks like.

chucknorris.jpeg

I heard Chuck Norris looks under his bed Taiwan Jones at night.  Jones is so good as a gunner he is allowed to return muffed punts for Tds.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't even like Taiwan Jones. I wanted him gone up until preseason.

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I believe it's 9/1. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am watching NFLN and ESPN for news on NFL cuts today, and apparently, the only thing to happen all day was Cam Newton being cut. No other news as far as I can tell.  

Dude, it was NUTS!  I was watching First take this morning which is MUCH more tolerable without Stephen A on it right now and it came across like 10 min into the broadcast as "breaking news".  ONE HOUR LATER they still had NOT stopped talking about it as I had the TV running while I was making some breakfast and returning some work emails.  I finally had to turn it off, I could not take another minute of it.  Came back to it later out of morbid curiosity, and STILL talking about it.

Like who cares, geezus, its not even a shock.  He threw for like 8 TD's in 15 games last year...like why is this a shock or even a story, he was outplayed all preseason by Mac Jones, and Cam is no where near a fit for BB and McDaniels offense.  

I can not believe how much talk there is about Cam getting cut...for me it was like DUH, his arm is shot and is not very good anymore...of course he was cut after the Pats used a first round pick on a QB who literally is in the mold of Brady in terms of style of play, physical traits, etc.  

It was a bigger story when the Pats even brought him back this year...like no one with a right mind saw that coming after how bad he looked last year throwing balls into the dirt with no pressure on him.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1