Bills cuts to get to 53 [final info in the OP]

YoloinOhio

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

That’s just it, I don’t undervalue ST’s.  In the past I’ve been quite vocal about the importance of ST’s and all too well remember the horrid we trotted out year after year and screaming at the TV over ST blunders.

The difference is I feel we have a really good ST unit these days, and don’t see Taiwan as irreplaceable. 

Funny thing is almost none of the people advocating for Taiwan have probably even noticed him in a game and are arguing his greatness over a comment from a coach.  

While he’s obviously a great ST player for us, this notion he is irreplaceable in that role is so grossly over exaggerated around here.

Well this is most definitely not true of me. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

That’s just it, I don’t undervalue ST’s.  In the past I’ve been quite vocal about the importance of ST’s and all too well remember the horrid we trotted out year after year and screaming at the TV over ST blunders.

The difference is I feel we have a really good ST unit these days, and don’t see Taiwan as irreplaceable. 

Funny thing is almost none of the people advocating for Taiwan have probably even noticed him in a game and are arguing his greatness over a comment from a coach.  

While he’s obviously a great ST player for us, this notion he is irreplaceable in that role is so grossly over exaggerated around here.

It's because his name is Taiwan, isn't it? You must be a Communist or something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There isn't much starting experience there but there is some talent for sure.

Yeah there is not but sometimes you just gotta go with your youth if you want to to evolve........this team is so stacked I think we can take a chance here.

Would like to see a good corner off waivers if that becomes available

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny thing is almost none of the people advocating for Taiwan have probably even noticed him in a game and are arguing his greatness over a comment from a coach

Honestly I haven't that much. Why I don't get too involved with the ST gunners talk much. Just one of those things that I look up and most of the time both gunners are pretty much down the field fast and about the same time lol

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Right now (on paper, at least), we have a worse ST unit than we did last season. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Replacing a top notch ST player for a player who "can do the job" is a preposterous trade off, IMO. Especially when you are dealing with back of the roster offensive or defensive players.  Those players very rarely get an opportunity to play offense or defense, so their contribution to those units is minimal.  OTOH, a great ST player makes a big impact several times in virtually every game.  A great ST unit needs players who are great at the job,

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I have to say it feels SOOOO freaking good looking at the Cuts and saying Meh he isn’t needed on this roster. Been scouring names and ONLY found 1 so far I would call about. 

how far the Bills have come with the overall talent level of the team. 

• Like (+1) 2

Lots of Ertz chatter on Twitter involving Bills and Jets…no substance really that I can see, just because of the Hollister cut (which is almost certainly a temp move to IR someone and resign him and likely has nothing to do with Ertz) and now the Herndon trade.  

Just speculation he’s headed to AFC East over that which is silly and some Packers chatter too.

Ertz is the new Clooney lol

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Replacing a top notch ST player for a player who "can do the job" is a preposterous trade off, IMO. Especially when you are dealing with back of the roster offensive or defensive players.  Those players very rarely get an opportunity to play offense or defense, so their contribution to those units is minimal.  OTOH, a great ST player makes a big impact several times in virtually every game.  A great ST unit needs players who are great at the job,

See Tasker, Steve

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

It’s not when we barely punt the ball and we will probably punt less this year than last. Haack also has better hangtime and can get a fair amount of fair catch rates. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Considering Haack speciality is hangtime and punts being downed inside the 20, Taiwan is fairly expendable. Especially considering how low we punt, which I figured this year will be even lower given I expect Josh and this offense to put up even better numbers this year. 

Are you honestly saying that Matt Haack makes Taiwan Jones expendable?

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

I would just say that 33-year-old career STer Taiwan Jones clears waivers and doesn’t have any takers.

There are several guys who would not. This is a no-brainer.

If we still want him, he can go to the squad.

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s not when we barely punt the ball and we will probably punt less this year than last. Haack also has better hangtime and can get a fair amount of fair catch rates. 

If the team agreed with that logic, they'd have never signed Taiwan Jones to a new contract in Free Agency AFTER they signed Matt Haack.

Just now, UConn James said:

I would just say that 33-year-old career STer Taiwan Jones clears waivers and doesn’t have any takers.

Why would we want Taiwan Jones on the practice squad? (He's not subject to waivers, btw)

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Definitely not.  What is reasonable is that Haack + Jones replacement MAY make his perceived role diminished enough they move on from him.

That has been my take all off season. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If the team agreed with that logic, they'd have never signed Taiwan Jones to a new contract in Free Agency AFTER they signed Matt Haack.

People change their minds all the time, It wouldn’t surprise me if they have decided to take on a new direction. 

2 minutes ago, UConn James said:

He does not go on waivers - FA.

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Wow, what a strategy. Then why keep an extra RB when they don't run much?  Seriously, that is some flawed thinking. IMO. 

1 minute ago, UConn James said:

He doesn't go through waivers. He immediately becomes a FA eligible to sign with whomever he chooses. That's what makes him a candidate for a *wink wink nod nod* release and return.