8/28/01 Gameday Thread Bills vs Packers Preseason finale 2nd Half

Just now, HappyDays said:

Props to Fromm on that drive. He still doesn't have an NFL arm but some team could be fooled into trading for him if we're lucky.

I think he's always been viewed as a potential backup where he's in your organization for a couple years before you count on him as the backup. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills take another later round QB next year and always want to have a 'developmental' backup on the roster. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's preseason and there is a lot of confusion as to what sub players are playing etc.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, McD has developed into a very, very good game manager.

I have zero concerns about him monkeying around in scrimmages.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

When you think about who maybe has some value and is tradeable at DE and the name that comes up is Daryl Johnson. He has a lot of preseason film this year, young, all-Star special teamer....would hurt to lose him.

Maybe get a DT or CB back?

I wonder how Phillips projects now? Something that is going to calm down or the end of his career?

I feel a lot better at DT if Harry is a go....

I don't think any other ends are really tradeable. I think we want AJ, Boogie And Groot.

Efe isn't worth much due to age I think.

No one would trade for Addison or Hughes, imho.... Maybe a conditional seventh? The thing we would get is the cap space but I don't see anyone biting. Having said that, I thought Lee Smith was untradeable due to his contract and age. So....

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Dallas spring to mind immediately.

Something more recent like Houston comes to mind.

Look, I'm a big JA fan but there are very very few QBs who I think are ready today (due to COVID) to cope with road crowd noise.   The question was about crowd noise, I offered an opinion.  It seems like many folks disagree, that's great.  I'll know more after week 5.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

I feel like the Bills have the same mindset as the Ravens in regards to preseason games. Winning is still a priority.

I almost feel like the winning is a by-product of having a better roster and staff.

They seem to me to be regularly tweaking things that they wouldn't necessarily be fooling with in the regular season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3