Beasley and McKenzie are now subject to more enhanced Discipline.

MAJBobby

And we now know 3 of our top 5 receivers are unvacced and face potential isolation periods. Worrying. When it is one guy in a room it is liveable. Imagine an outbreak in the receiver room during the season - we'd be down to Diggs, Sanders and guys off the street. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

And we now know 3 of our top 5 receivers are unvacced and face potential isolation periods. Worrying. When it is one guy in a room it is liveable. Imagine an outbreak in the receiver room during the season - we'd be down to Diggs, Sanders and guys off the street. 

Dont forget TD Jesus LOL

That’s really frustrating for a whole bunch of reasons. From a football perspective they are both playing the same position in the slot. It’s not unreasonable to think that both get 4 games at some point. Then we have nobody. 

Mckenzie could play himself out of the league or at least off the team since he is on a one year deal. 

Plus Gabe Davis isn’t vaccinated. 

Envisioning a worst case scenario where all 3 miss 4 games at the same time isn’t great. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

it’s nice to see that they are team first guys… process and all that…

• Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

we'd be down to Diggs, Sanders and guys off the street.

While I agree with your concern...  in past years I'd be downright freaking out - but those 2 and guys off the street - Don't forget Davis, but I guess Kumerow i guess falls into this category - is probably still a better combo than most teams have at their disposal.  Depth is still a weapon the Bills can wield.

Personally I think the whole damn team needs to get the jab and be done with the shenanigans, but clearly that isn't going to happen.

• Like (+1) 2

Per Spotrac McKenzie is only a $350k against the cap I believe. I actually REALLY like the guy as a player. But we can’t have both our slot guys missing time at the same time. It’s just too much of a risk. 

I would think Stevenson makes the roster for sure now and try and get Hodgins on the PS big time. 

The need to make up for 3 of these guys could really put a dent in another position group. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Beasley has to take one for the team. He has expressed his feelings about choice, and as a citizen outside of the NFL, that's perfectly fine. Unfortunately, he has a team's fortunes in his hands because of NFL protocols. It becomes a commitment to your teammates and the fans, who pay your salary, issue. It's a privilege to play in the  league. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 5

Here is another thing.  Could this play in to roster Decisions.  Lets Say Marquez Stevenson is vaxxed and therefore not subject to the enhance rules that Beasley and McKenzie have at least ignored once.  McKenzie is on a 1 year deal....

So Cut Down day, the decision comes down between Stevenson and McKenzie.  Would the Team look at the Risk, they know Beasley is going to do Beasley at this point, would they want a guy that is less risk according to the protocols behind him (Stevenson) or would they go with evidently the more risky choice in McKenzie.

I would think that Risk HAS to be thought about when making the final 53.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Per Spotrac McKenzie is only a $350k against the cap I believe. I actually REALLY like the guy as a player. But we can’t have both our slot guys missing time at the same time. It’s just too much of a risk. 

I would think Stevenson makes the roster for sure now and try and get Hodgins on the PS big time. 

The need to make up for 3 of these guys could really put a dent in another position group. 

I actually JUST typed something similar up while you were posting 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Beasley has to take one for the team. He has expressed his feelings about choice, and as a citizen outside of the NFL, that's perfectly fine. Unfortunately, he has a team's fortunes in his hands because of NFL protocols. It becomes a commitment to your teammates and the fans, who pay your salary, issue. It's a privilege to play in the  league. 

Agreed.  Are you a team player or not!?

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Here is another thing.  Could this play in to roster Decisions.  Lets Say Marquez Stevenson is vaxxed and therefore not subject to the enhance rules that Beasley and McKenzie have at least ignored once.  McKenzie is on a 1 year deal....

So Cut Down day, the decision comes down between Stevenson and McKenzie.  Would the Team look at the Risk, they know Beasley is going to do Beasley at this point, would they want a guy that is less risk according to the protocols behind him (Stevenson) or would they go with evidently the more risky choice in McKenzie.

I would think that Risk HAS to be thought about when making the final 53.  

Pretty sure Beane came under fire for saying this is exactly how it will go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Cole "took one for the team" last year by playing hobbled in the playoffs.  He's entitled to his opinions and to express them, just like anyone else.  But I find it disingenuous for people to say he's not team-first.  Many of the people making these claims are likely the same ones lauding him for his toughness in the playoffs and hoping and wishing he'd make it back.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to express them freely.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This is a reason I think they could keep 7 WRs

• Like (+1) 2

Under no circumstances do I want to Cole and McKenzie off this team…

…is what I keep telling myself.  

But damn, I honestly can say they are approaching cut candidacy for me.  If we weren’t a major SB contender, maybe you can risk it more.  But the season is shortest in all of major professional team sports, you can not afford to give away any games.  Not to mention it’s one and done in the playoffs.  

The idea a flat out refusal to comply with a simple rule such as just wear a mask indoors can seriously impact our odds of reaching our goals as a team is something I find unacceptable.

You don’t trust the the shot because it’s not FDA approved, fine…except it is FDA approved now.  You still don’t trust the shot because a new reason you came up with, once again fine, that’s your choice.  But not complying with the mandated SAFETY PROTOCOLS that are there so those can have a choice of not getting the shot is unacceptable.  

This isn’t about not trusting a vaccine anymore, this is about throwing a tantrum because you don’t like rules and won’t follow them.  No one is making them get the shot, so just follow the damn protocols that come with that freedom of choice.

Seriously over this nonsense.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Selfish conduct by narcissistic individuals

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2