Beasley and McKenzie are now subject to more enhanced Discipline.

MAJBobby

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And we now know 3 of our top 5 receivers are unvacced and face potential isolation periods. Worrying. When it is one guy in a room it is liveable. Imagine an outbreak in the receiver room during the season - we'd be down to Diggs, Sanders and guys off the street. 

Kumerow. McKenzie says he is vaxxed (maybe he wasn't fully at the time of the fines)

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Process said:

Can you cut injured players? McKenzie is not good enough to put up with this BS. Goodbye. 

No, but they can do an injury settlement and I can’t remember the phrase, but it’s like a conditional release.

the thing that absolutely pi..es me off is not getting vacc., but it’s not following protocols.  That’s what angers me.  You still don’t trust what 70% of Americans have done and 89% of the league has done, fine.  Even though people are begging in underdeveloped countries are crying for ok.  I respect you’re choice, but just follow protocols.

Mods delete if I’m making a mistake on  this one.  Just following the thread.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

The only thing I think they could do is go full Tampa Bay Bucs, might be too late for it, but have the same rules apply to the whole team whether vaccinated or not?

They could make team rules about wearing masks. My office still wears masks. I could quit, but I like my job. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

The one thing to yours I would add is that I don’t think the team is cool with “Beasley gonna Beasley”. But he has a higher cap hit. I thought Mckenzie was always insurance against CB raging against the machine. Or even Sanders inside and push Gabe outside. But we literally cannot do either right now. 

Yeah I will say that I think Stevenson was drafted to Replace Beasley NEXT year.  Similar to Davis / Brown.  Davis just had to step up much earlier than I think the Bills would have liked.  Will Stevenson have to do the same is the question.

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

When I see what Arians is doing in TB, and what Seattle and Atlanta have done, it really looks like McD doesnt have nearly the handle on or respect from his team that we all thought

Horrible. HORRIBLE take. 

He has the respect of his players because he doesn’t handle situations publicly. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

It’s fine for these guys to express their opinions but it’s also fine for me to find those opinions to be absurd.

Make it make sense Cole? How about no one knows what you’re doing outside the football facility, and you live in a world where there’s a deadly virus that is now attacking people of all ages, and because no one can trust that you’re not a walking virus vector at any given moment, then you better keep your freakin germs to yourself, because while the virus does an INCREDIBLY good job of protecting people from getting sick, it was NOT designed to be a complete barrier from infection itself, and these people have children they go home to, who don’t have the ability to protect themselves, or immune compromised people living with them or in their circle. You walking 5 steps in the facility without a mask on is you potentially spreading delta variant COVID for 5 steps for someone else to catch. 

Your vaccinated teammates? They have a 5 time less likely chance of catching the virus compared to you, and have a much reduced viral load. The odds of them being a vector to spread is significantly reduced compared to you.

Walking around maskless and unvaccinated is almost criminally negligent at this point. Have some ***** respect for your fellow humans.  There’s your sense

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This very well could he Cole’s last year in Buffalo. He’s definitely a cut candidate.

I think it was a possibility anyway, but he had a chance to finish the contract after next year.  Now?

You know when you’re dad tells you just fall in line, do the right thing and people will notice you for the right reasons.  They are kind of stuck with him this year, but if he’s a thorn next year, Beane won’t tolerate it.

19 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

It's time to take a stand and cut these clowns.  I believe in personal choice, but their refusal to follow protocols is ridiculous and astoundingly selfish.  Inmates can't be running the asylum.  Nice players, but we'll survive without a couple of 5'8" gadget players.

This thread is hilarious.  Too many of y’all letting your personal feelings affect your emotions.  

Yes.. let’s cut not just one, but both of our slot WR’s right before the season starts.  

Nevermind your ridiculous assertion that they are “gadget” players.   McKenzie looks to be developing into much more than that, and Beasley is arguably the best pure slot WR in the NFL.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Kumerow. McKenzie says he is vaxxed (maybe he wasn't fully at the time of the fines)

Guess we will find out. if he is Vaxxed (might still have been in the 2 week window after the second shot) the NFL would consider that unvaxxed I think I read.  Maybe it was just a misunderstanding of language, However the fact he did get a warning in July, and then the DAY the league is at OBD, still wont put the mask on.  either way if is vaxxed but just not out of the final two week window, I would expect an appeal.  Maybe to at least get him out of the Cross Hairs for enhanced discipline

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

No, but they can do an injury settlement and I can’t remember the phrase, but it’s like a conditional release.

the thing that absolutely pi..es me off is not getting vacc., but it’s not following protocols.  That’s what angers me.  You still don’t trust what 70% of Americans have done and 89% of the league has done, fine.  Even though people are begging in underdeveloped countries are crying for ok.  I respect you’re choice, but just follow protocols.

Mods delete if I’m making a mistake on  this one.  Just following the thread.

This is fine.  I think you're right.  (Injury settlement is you and the player agree on the weeks needed to recover from the injury and the player receives salary and treatment/rehab funds for that period of time.  He can't re-sign with the team for 6 weeks)

Jerry Hughes said it: "we all have rules at work".  There are usually channels to follow to try to get rules changed, but while they're in place: rules are rules.

I have to admit, I saw it differently when I was a Young Sprout O' Science and willing to Argue for Days with the EHS folks about why Acetic Acid didn't belong in the Flammables cabinet (how many acetic acid fires have you heard of?  and it doesn't meet the OSHA definition of a flammable, just the DOT). 

When I became a lab head and had to try to persuade the people who worked for me to follow the rules, my perspective changed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Horrible. HORRIBLE take. 

He has the respect of his players because he doesn’t handle situations publicly. 

Doesnt seem like he's handling much of anything anywhere now that we have guys quarantined away for 5 days, guys being fined and on the verge of suspensions, and one of the lowest vax rates in the entire league... as we were supposed to be starting our Super Bowl run.

Maybe he should try the public approach.

31 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Cole "took one for the team" last year by playing hobbled in the playoffs.  He's entitled to his opinions and to express them, just like anyone else.  But I find it disingenuous for people to say he's not team-first.  Many of the people making these claims are likely the same ones lauding him for his toughness in the playoffs and hoping and wishing he'd make it back.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to express them freely.  

Having an opinion is one thing, deliberately not following protocols is another. He’s every bit as selfish as he is tough. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Doesnt seem like he's handling much of anything anywhere now that we have guys quarantined away for 5 days, guys being fined and on the verge of suspensions, and one of the lowest vax rates in the entire league... as we were supposed to be starting our Super Bowl run.

Maybe he should try the public approach.

You’re out of touch. 

Take it from someone who is in professional sports and dealing with the same things he’s dealing with every day. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Haha… this thread is hilarious.  Too many of y’all letting your personal feelings affect your emotions.  

Yes.. let’s cut not just one, but both of our slot WR’s right before the season starts.  

Nevermind your ridiculous assertion that they are “gadget” players.   McKenzie looks to be developing into much more than that, and Beasley is arguably the best pure slot WR in the NFL.  

i have no wish to cut them. I wish for them to follow safety protocols to protect their own availability and their teammates.

I really don’t care what they personally think about the virus or vaccine. I really don’t. But when they start endangering the team’s ability to win football games, well yea I care . I mean I’m a Bills fan

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

You’re out of touch. 

Take it from someone who is in professional sports and dealing with the same things he’s dealing with every day. 

Lowest vax rate in the league and dropping with every cut we make. That's a leadership problem.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is fine.  I think you're right.

Jerry Hughes said it "we all have rules at work".  There are usually channels to follow to try to get rules changed, but while they're in place: rules are rules.

I have to admit, I saw it differently when I was a Young Sprout O' Science and willing to Argue for Days with the EHS folks about why Acetic Acid didn't belong in the Flammables cabinet (how many acetic acid fires have you heard of?  and it doesn't meet the OSHA definition of a flammable, just the DOT). 

When I became a lab head and had to try to persuade the people who worked for me to follow the rules, my perspective changed.

Jerry Hughes is correct in saying “we all have rules at work”…. But in any workplace, when the rules begin to not make sense, or become too punitive, that’s when you start having issues with even the best employees. 

I get that this is frustrating to us as fans, but these guys have short windows to get paid, can have their careers ended at any moment, and now have this to deal with.  

I’m sure to most… covid is way down the list of worries when they can tear ligaments, get concussed, break bones etc., yet this is now THE primary focus.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This thread is hilarious.  Too many of y’all letting your personal feelings affect your emotions.  

You're absolutely right.  They are good players and their absence will hurt the team.  Probably why their selfishness is pissing me off to this degree.  Lol.

• Like (+1) 1

Here is where I have an issue with this. These players have taken a hard stance they don't want the vaccine. I strongly disagree with their stance but fine, whatever.

However, if you want to make that decision then you have to be fully on board with accepting the consequences of it and making sure you don't endanger you or the team with your actions or inactions as it may be.

You don't get to not take the vaccine and then still get to not accept the consequences that were known ahead of time and put your availability to the team at risk.

That's bullcrap. They need to get their sh** together.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

This is an embarrassing thread.

These guys have shown up every day for this team and been high character guys from the start. It's fine to disagree with their stance on the vaccinations but that's their choice and they have a right to make it for themselves and deal with the consequences. Lets not act like any of us who have been going into the office every day since COVID started haven't had moments of noncompliance with mask mandates.

There's no reason to think this is a systemic problem.

Edited by BuffaloBobs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Lowest vax rate in the league and dropping with every cut we make. That's a leadership problem.

You have absolutely zero idea what you’re talking about. 

This is easily one of the most nonsensical takes on this thread. 

Please go on and tell me about your leadership background in a team environment… that way I can understand what makes you an expert? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, SCBills said:

I get that this is frustrating to us as fans, but these guys have short windows to get paid, can have their careers ended at any moment, and now have this to deal with.  

I’m sure to most… covid is way down the list of worries when they can tear ligaments, get concussed, break bones etc., yet this is now THE primary focus.  

Here's the thing though, all they have to do is get a quick daily nasal swab and wear a mask when around others at the facility (or get the vaccine of course).  The fact that they have short career windows, should only increase their willingness to follow the league mandated rules.  If not, it says to me that they don't care so much about said NFL livelihoods.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

This is misinfo... those with vax and break thru are not more transmissible.. but less likely to be aware of infection and therefore if you dont follow protocols you can expose more people... but virus is not more or less infectious 

Despite headlines from a few weeks ago, the data is showing that vaccinated folks carry a smaller viral load than vaccinated folks do 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

All I'm going to say is I'm glad this is happening 2.5 weeks before the season and not during the season. McDermott and Beane have time to fix it. 

Unfortunately, it can all happen again at anytime.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

These guys have shown up every day for this team and been high character guys from the start. It's fine to disagree with their stance on the vaccinations but that's their choice and they have a right to make it for themselves and deal with the consequences. Lets not act like any of us who have been going into the office every day since COVID started haven't had moments of noncompliance with mask mandates.

Yesterday players sent home.  McKenzie letter shows warnings, yes it does seem to be systemic

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

They are not making a choice for themselves. Many employees aren’t even allowed in their workplace without a mask, period 

• Like (+1) 2