Carson Wentz foot injury (Edit: requires surgery, out for preseason)

21 minutes ago, Gonzonzo said:

Trubisky for a 3rd round pick....

Do you believe the Bills make that trade? What about the Colts?

For a 3rd I will be tempted, for less I will not do the trade.

I would not do the trade for a 3rd.  I think if they let him go as a FA he can potentially net you a 3rd or 4th in Comp picks.

It would minimally take a 1st or 2nd, but even then it would have to be a higher 2nd. 

Prefer to keep him.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Gonzonzo said:

Why would we strengthen a conference opponent by trading them our backup QB? I mean, we may actually need him this season.

People need to stop with these draft day fantasy scenarios. The here and now is way more important than next April.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Why would we strengthen a conference opponent by trading them our backup QB? I mean, we may actually need him this season.

People need to stop with these draft day fantasy scenarios. The here and now is way more important than next April.

Thank you!!!!!!! 
This isn’t 5 years ago where we need as many draft picks as possible. We struggled to beat Indy with rivers last thing we want to to help them. 
The smart move for Indy is probably to target Foles. 
How fun will that be in the news? Reich, Wentz and Foles again

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Perfect response. Trubisky is a great back up option. He lets you cut Fromm and go with just two QBs on the roster opening up an extra spot for a WR or linemen. 

He is good enough with this team to win games if Allen got hurt. Fromm and noodle arm from last year were not.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, wppete said:

Crazy!!! Thank god we have a stud QB. 

And a decent backup

4 hours ago, Gonzonzo said:

No way

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Unless the Colts go crazy and offer a 1st round pick I wouldn't trade Trubisky.  If Allen (God forbid) goes down for an extended period I would feel confident that he could game manage us to the playoffs, I wouldn't feel that way about Fromm.

Why would we even consider a trade when we have the best backup at a cheap price back to Reich, the player.

I wouldn’t.  We’ve been very fortunate Josh played through the shoulder, and he was out a couple weeks in 18, but eventually as happens with almost all QB’s get occasionally banged up for two or three weeks.  I like we have a backup that give us 2 and 1 if necessary.  I really don’t think you could say that about Webb or Jake from State Fromm.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Truly horrible. Idk why anybody thinks he’s going to amount to anything more than a decent backup.

he’s a waste of time or maybe the Eagles are trying to get the 1st lick overall? But for who? What a disaster Philly is. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Truly horrible. Idk why anybody thinks he’s going to amount to anything more than a decent backup. 

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

he’s a waste of time or maybe the Eagles are trying to get the 1st lick overall? But for who? What a disaster Philly is. 

I think fantasy football actually plays into some people liking Hurts. But it’s not a given he can even beat out Flacco to start the year. 

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

Exactly. They gave up on Wentz way too early. Not to mention the coach that got them a ring. It just baffles me to no end. If McD won us a Super Bowl I wouldn’t fire him even if he followed it up w/ 4 losing seasons. It just angers me, their stupidity as an organization.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Carson Wentz foot injury (Edit: requires surgery, out for preseason)

Well now it’s trade for Foles as surgery is required for Wentz, 5-12 weeks.  Makes sense to me if going into October as the first 5 games are brutal if they take a 5th.

selfishly as I hate injuries for anyone, but certainly helps us with early losses by the time we meet them.

They have a tough first five weeks.  Calling Dr. Foles, calling Dr. Foles.

Edited by machine gun kelly