John Ross as WR replacement for JohnBrown

Anyone interested in signing John Ross as a replacement for John Brown,  is the fastest man in the NFL based on his 4.22 forty yard dash. Could also be used as a KR and is only 26.  He gives us Tyreek Hill type of speed 

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Anyone interested in signing John Ross as a replacement for John Brown,  is the fastest man in the NFL based on his 4.22 forty yard dash. Could also be used as a KR and is only 26.  He gives us Tyrone Hill level speed

Injuries really have taken a toll on the guy still you can’t coach that kinda speed would be ok with him coming in on a one year prove it deal since all he really has to do is go deep 2-3 times a game to open the middle for other guys 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Injuries really have taken a toll on the guy still you can’t coach that kinda speed would be ok with him coming in on a one year prove it deal since all he really has to do is go deep 2-3 times a game to open the middle for other guys 

I agree and playing for the Bengals did not help,  4.22 is beep beep speed

5 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Anyone interested in signing John Ross as a replacement for John Brown,  is the fastest man in the NFL based on his 4.22 forty yard dash. Could also be used as a KR and is only 26.  He gives us Tyrone Hill level speed

That is an interesting out of the box thought - though you may want to edit the post since we want someone with Tyreek’s speed not Tyrone’s :)

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

No because he's terrible and there's a lot more to the position than just having speed. Who the hell is Tyrone HIll?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

he's alway hurt and has done nothing to earn a contract. Not even close to Brown in production

14 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Anyone interested in signing John Ross as a replacement for John Brown,  is the fastest man in the NFL based on his 4.22 forty yard dash. Could also be used as a KR and is only 26.  He gives us Tyreek Hill type of speed 

49a3c34c2daf1b89f2de36899954217c.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

he's alway hurt and has done nothing to earn a contract. Not even close to Brown in production

On a one year deal

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

He is also not going to cost the Bills huge money

1 minute ago, McBean said:

49a3c34c2daf1b89f2de36899954217c.gif

Your suggesting is?  the team has a need and not a lot of cap space to fill that need. 

1 minute ago, Southern_Bills said:

I would do it for a cheap prove it deal. You can't count on him obviously, but if you can take a cheap chance why not.

he's had plenty of time to "prove it". You want to to take a chance even though you just said you obviously can't count on him?

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

On a one year deal

Your suggesting is?  the team has a need and not a lot of cap space to fill that need. 

My suggestion is Elijah Moore, WR Ole Miss in round 2.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

How about both?  can never have enough speed.  Signing Ross would not cost a huge amount ,  you also have to consider your guy may not be there when the Bills pick. 

you need some ability to go with that speed.

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

you need some ability to go with that speed.

I don't think the Bengals system was a good fit and I do believe Brian & the Bills would find a a way to get him the ball

34 minutes ago, Conlan58 said:

Just because you have speed, doesn't make you a good returner. Also - Tyrone Hill? 

We have a need and we don't have a ton of money to spend,  no big risk

19 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I don't think the Bengals system was a good fit and I do believe Brian & the Bills would find a a way to get him the ball

What is the Bengals system that wasn't a fit? AJ Green and Tyler Boyd did well in that system.

48 minutes ago, nucci said:

he's had plenty of time to "prove it". You want to to take a chance even though you just said you obviously can't count on him?

Yes, I would definitely sign him to a cheap deal, bring him to camp and see what he has in Dabolls scheme.

We are talking about a WR 4/5, not like we are talking about an every down player here.

If he isn't what you thought you can cut him for next to nothing. Guy is talented, not sure why anyone would be opposed to that.

45 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I predict John Brown will replace John Brown.  Once the dust settles he'll be re-signed to a reasonable deal.

This is the best option if he can stay healthy. Chemistry with QB, team fit, may have a chip on is shoulder to prove he still has it. Incentives based on playing time/availability.

24 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Sammy Watkins said John Ross was made of glass. Hard pass for me. With track history , injuries, and production, not a guy you can count on. 

Did he say this about  Ross or himself?

• Haha (+1) 1

he might be the most injured player i've ever seen.  and he went to the bengals who have the worst training facility in the league.  i mean i'd throw a low offer at him to see if he can get through camp but i don't even think i'd do that it's almost guaranteed he doesn't finish half the season. 

7 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

"Butterfingers" Ross may be fast, but this many years into the career of a high draft pick and he cannot catch the ball consistently. I'd rather have Robert Foster. 🙂

If he could ever stay healthy, Ross is a much much better player. How Foster ever became a thing he was weird. He couldn’t even start in college. Ross has at least shown elite ability. He is just broken physically.

Whenever I see these " what about signing so&so?" I have to ask; do you consider the PLAYERS perspective ? Can Bills afford what a free agent thinks he is worth? In Ross's case, hiw many targets could he take from Diggs, Beasley and Davis?And since he hasn't returned kicks,he won't start now. No thanks,there are other free agents and rookies that can fill that role

Edited by Georgie

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

On a one year deal

They have more than a John Ross level of cap space to fill it. Guy sucks.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I predict John Brown will replace John Brown.  Once the dust settles he'll be re-signed to a reasonable deal.

I'm very much hoping for this as well, but it's just really off that Beane never approached him to take a pay cut. That tells me something is up...but of all the more budget friendly WR options, how are any of them better than Smoke? Especially since he knows the system. He isn't just fast, either, he runs great routes.

2 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

Just because you have speed, doesn't make you a good returner. Also - Tyrone Hill? 

Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, nucci said:

What is the Bengals system that wasn't a fit? AJ Green and Tyler Boyd did well in that system.

Maybe having one of the top young QB's in the league wasn't helping?

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

They have more than a John Ross level of cap space to fill it. Guy sucks.

I'm very much hoping for this as well, but it's just really off that Beane never approached him to take a pay cut. That tells me something is up...but of all the more budget friendly WR options, how are any of them better than Smoke? Especially since he knows the system. He isn't just fast, either, he runs great routes.

I'm hoping/thinking the non-offer had to do with the size of the reduction in salary that the Bills are thinking.  Smoke was not a budget friendly option, he was 9 million.  If the Bills are trying to fill the position with a 3-4 million option, you can't even bring it up to Smoke until after he tests the market.

I hope Smoke didn't burn his bridges with his statements.  Maybe they can frame this as Josh going to management and asking to see if they could bring Smoke back, and Smoke decided to give a team friendly deal for Josh.

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I'm hoping/thinking the non-offer had to do with the size of the reduction in salary that the Bills are thinking.  Smoke was not a budget friendly option, he was 9 million.  If the Bills are trying to fill the position with a 3-4 million option, you can't even bring it up to Smoke until after he tests the market.

I hope Smoke didn't burn his bridges with his statements.  Maybe they can frame this as Josh going to management and asking to see if they could bring Smoke back, and Smoke decided to give a team friendly deal for Josh.

I'm sure that Smoke being distraught over being pushed off a team he didn't want to leave isn't going to make Beane hold a grudge. If anything, that should make him feel better. Smoke really wants to be here, so I hope this is correct and he dips his toes into FA to find it's not as receptive to

him as he'd thought.

I like Gabe Davis and Hodgins is interesting, but neither is the caliber of player a healthy John Brown is, at least not yet.

3 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I say yes if he is cheap. The fact that he hasn't developed is also a reflection on a Wr corps who took lots of snaps AJ Green and Tyler Boyd and this last year Tee Higgins. He has made big plays for them but has been hit by injuries.and mistakes. Of course he is an outside bet but if he comes off....

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If he could ever stay healthy, Ross is a much much better player. How Foster ever became a thing he was weird. He couldn’t even start in college. Ross has at least shown elite ability. He is just broken physically.

Yes, he was elite in College. So was Jamarcus Russell.