Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

She’s made other comments that lead me to believe she was referring to Evan Engram, TE, Giants 

I think she was talking about Rudolph. 

She said they aren’t available anymore. If it was trade talks and now the team is saying they’re keeping Engram, she wouldn’t say he isn’t available- just that it is unlikely to happen.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

She said they aren’t available anymore. If it was trade talks and now the team is saying they’re keeping Engram, she wouldn’t say he isn’t available- just that it is unlikely to happen.

Oh damn, she responded.  I’m basically famous 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

So she would have become a bills fan because of Kyle Rudolph - ok then 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

So she would have become a bills fan because of Kyle Rudolph - ok then 

I hate when people end a comment with the .....

To me, that indicates there’s more to that thought 

Sounds like a trade for Evan Engram is the new speculation.

The thought is that Rudolph’s addition to a crowded NYG TE room would’ve made Engram available.

Beane and Giants GM Dave Gettelman have a good relationship.

Alas, Frelund’s implication that said player is no longer available likely means a trade for Engram is off the table .

And thus likely ends Tight End Watch 2021, at least for now.

Edited by Logic

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

She seems full of **** tbh

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]
47 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I guess this is what it feels like during free agency to have a good team.  Some moves but nothing necessarily earth shattering.

Yup. When you make the Conference final and have 21/22 starters return, no major depth losses , no need to overpay at all 

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I live an hour from MetLife and have been a die hard bills fan my whole life....Engram can’t catch the ball. I don’t care how athletic he is, he sucks. He’s almost exactly the same as the guy we have now. Looks great carrying the ball...just can’t catch it in the first place. Dont bother.

Certainly would not have improved our run blocking.

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

Sounds like a trade for Evan Engram is the new speculation.

The thought is that Rudolph’s addition to a crowded NYG TE room would’ve made Engram available.

Beane and Giants GM Dave Gettelman have a good relationship.

Alas, Frelund’s implication that said player is no longer available likely means a trade for Engram is off the table .

And thus likely ends Tight End Watch 2021, at least for now.

Honestly, after watching the SB, it wouldn't bother me if we just stood pat now.

Our offense, as is, is one of the top 3 O's in the league.  And we likely add a RB at some point.

It's should be all about the defense now.  I'll trust whatever Beane does, but I'd be surprised if we make any more big moves on offense.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills out apparently since Eagles wanted a 3rd for him and signed Hollister instead...

Basically they tried to get Ertz, screwed themselves on the other TEs available and settled for Hollister. Not a fan of the way they handled that...

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Do you suppose she would have answered him if Virgil used his TSW avatar for his Twitter account? 🤔

🤔 Depends. What part of the country is she from? Some still like the business in front party in the back look 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦‍♂️😳

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Bills out apparently since Eagles wanted a 3rd for him and signed Hollister instead...

Basically they tried to get Ertz, screwed themselves on the other TEs available and settled for Hollister. Not a fan of the way they handled that...

Not sure about that. They needed to replace two TEs  - Smith and Kroft. Smith is replaced by Hollister. They weren’t paying what those other TEs like Rudolph and cook got paid. They sure as hell aren’t trading a 3rd for ertz and that contract. They could wait it out and get him for a 5th, wait out if he’s cut, sign the kid from the wonder years, whatever but they don’t “need” him. They rarely play 2 TEs last year and they like Knox. This is a WR centric offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not sure about that. They needed to replace two TEs  - Smith and Kroft. Smith is replaced by Hollister. They weren’t paying what those other TEs like Rudolph and cook got paid. They sure as hell aren’t trading a 3rd for ertz and that contract. They could wait it out and get him for a 5th, wait out if he’s cut, sign the kid from the wonder years, whatever but they don’t “need” him. They rarely play 2 TEs last year and they like Knox. This is a WR centric offense. 

The only issue I have with this is McDermott ran almost exclusively with one pass catching TE and two blocking TE's on gameday. It was almost always Knox, Smith, and Gilliam with Kroft on the bench. So if we signed Hollister to replace Smith - he's probably still rolling with Gilliam and Knox. You're not going to replace Kroft's place on the bench with Zach Ertz.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The only issue I have with this is McDermott ran almost exclusively with one pass catching TE and two blocking TE's on gameday. It was almost always Knox, Smith, and Gilliam with Kroft on the bench. So if we signed Hollister to replace Smith - he's probably still rolling with Gilliam and Knox. You're not going to replace Kroft's place on the bench with Zach Ertz.

I think hollister is a Smith/Gilliam type so he could play In place of either but I think Gilliam plays ST too

• Like (+1) 1

I think hollister is a Smith/Gilliam type so he could play In place of either but I think Gilliam plays ST too

Right. I mean, I could be wrong and they move Gilliam to the bench after picking someone else up. But I got the feeling McDermott really liked him and what he provided in the blocking game as well as Special Teams. As evidenced by him always dressing over Kroft last season.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Right. I mean, I could be wrong and they move Gilliam to the bench after picking someone else up. But I got the feeling McDermott really liked him and what he provided in the blocking game as well as Special Teams. As evidenced by him always dressing over Kroft last season.

I think Gilliam dressed every week because of the ST thing. Does hollister play ST? I haven’t done that much research on him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I guess this is what it feels like during free agency to have a good team.  Some moves but nothing necessarily earth shattering.

I agree. And, it feels good.

Although, I’d still like them to add at least a good pass rusher.

• Like (+1) 1

I think Gilliam dressed every week because of the ST thing. Does hollister play ST? I haven’t done that much research on him. 

Someone posted a video of Pete Carrol talking about Hollister and it sounded like he definitely does ST.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

This is what I love about Beane and McD.

While it would’ve been great to get Ertz, they typically only get really good players when it doesn’t mortgage their future. They want sustained success not just a run.

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don’t forget Sweeney

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

They could be slow playing the Ertz trade.  Eagles are asking way too much if they want a 3rd and The Bills shouldnt accept that.  The asking price will come down

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s the key.  I have no clue either.  Anyone know if hollister plays STs?

if he does, than I think he’s a better version of Gilliam 

Edited by NewEra

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s the key.  I have no clue either.  Anyone know if hollister plays STs?

if he does, than I think he’s a better version of Gilliam 

He does indeed play special teams.

Greg Tompsett of Cover 1 posted a chart of his snap counts on Twitter.

I watched his highlights from the past two years, and the Seahawks sure seemed to use him similarly to how we used Gilliam.

• Thank you (+1) 2