Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

59 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Ertz might have been good in his prime... last season he had a 56.7% catch percentage!

I highly doubt Beane will trade anything for this player. 

OTOH, Eggils TE Dallas Goedert  had a 70.8% catch percentage. 

Did you watch the incompletions?  Do so, then talk. Gotta love it when people mention one stat as if it’s the Bible. 

• Like (+1) 3

Not sure the updated numbers, but Spotrac still has the Eagles $4.8 million over the salary cap.  The deadline to get under is 4pm EST.  

Zach Ertz has a cap hit of $12.4 million.  It's pretty much certain that he will not be on their roster by the end of the day.

I'm sure lots of teams would be willing to offer a mid/late round pick for Ertz as a player.  The issue is also taking on that cap hit.  Nobody wants to make a trade for his contract.  Which means if the Eagles want any kind of compensation, they need to let other teams negotiate with him on a new deal first.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Ertz might have been good in his prime... last season he had a 56.7% catch percentage!

Did you see his QB play last year. 

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

Not sure the updated numbers, but Spotrac still has the Eagles $4.8 million over the salary cap.  The deadline to get under is 4pm EST.  

Zach Ertz has a cap hit of $12.4 million.  It's pretty much certain that he will not be on their roster by the end of the day.

I'm sure lots of teams would be willing to offer a mid/late round pick for Ertz as a player.  The issue is also taking on that cap hit.  Nobody wants to make a trade for his contract.  Which means if the Eagles want any kind of compensation, they need to let other teams negotiate with him on a new deal first.

This.  There will be an immediate restructure...

3 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Outliers are cause for concern but it's an outlier. He's a very talented player. He won't lose that much that fast. He hasn't had any injury that would speed up his decline. He should be very effective for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Yep, should be traded by the end of the day. 

Sounds as if there are a few teams open on him.  Could be agent driven, who knows.  Thing is, if you want him, get him.  If it turns into a 3rd this year and a 5th next year, get him.  Not saying that’s the deal that gets done, just if you want him then get him.  I’d prefer at most a 4th and another lower pick next year.  

Just like the draft.  If you like the player, draft him.  If you feel he’s a diamond in the rough, then don’t wait.

Edited by davefan66

If all he does is give Allen an option on 3rd down that's good enough for me. If teams want to drop into deep zones Ertz will eat them alive. That's something our offense was missing last year. Add a RB with speed that can catch the ball and suddenly the offense looks unstoppable.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Connor Orr@connororr 1m

Update on potential Ertz trade. Put this in my free agent/vet trades fit post from the end of last week for what it's worth. https://tinyurl.com/ygmkgmyj

Edit: idk why this posted weird like this...

Too soon!! LOL, I knew better after some posters downthread from this, but couldn't help it. 

21 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Connor Orr@connororr 1m

Update on potential Ertz trade. Put this in my free agent/vet trades fit post from the end of last week for what it's worth. https://tinyurl.com/ygmkgmyj

Edit: idk why this posted weird like this...

You have to create your own wording for the link.   Find a ESPN post, change a few letters, then attach the photo on the hyperfind. 

Best friends to follow 

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You have to create your own wording for the link.   Find a ESPN post, change a few letters, then attach the photo on the hyperfind. 

Best friends to follow 

It had been a long time and it's harder to do on a cell phone than in the past... still got a few

21 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Nice try the link gives it away

His last couple links have actually been tinys

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

No one is arguing Ertz had a great 2020. He has never been that low, and usually for all his time avgs. 65-75 %

Cannot cherry pick stats or years , espcially w all the external factors for the Eagles and he only played 11 games.

We are in our SB window. No doubts about that I contend. Bills have to do everything they can do to give Josh weapons and protection.   The D will need to develop to be good but looking at where we are we won’t be a top 5 defense AND be a top 5 Offense, so we need to focus on one or the other.  Since are already a top O we need to maintain and grow that with Depth added and scheme up the D.    

Focus then on the draft to add a few who can start to fill gaps on D and maybe the line, but also draft people who can grow for years to come.  

We are built to win by out scoring opponents not stopping opponents. Trying to change that will make us mediocre with the limited cap. 

• Agree 1