Wild Card: afternoon game Chicago at New Orleans 4:40 pm on CBS

GETTOTHE50

I went to the Bears message board and I just need to thank @SDS for not allowing threads to be started during the game. 

It’s an absolute ***** show over there. Every random thought is a new thread. It’s like me in 2009. 

I think they’re upset, but I think they’re happy. Who knows. I’d avoid it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I went to the Bears message board and I just need to thank @SDS for not allowing threads to be started during the game. 

It’s an absolute ***** show over there. Every random thought is a new thread. It’s like me in 2009. 

Agree 100%. TBD really stands out among other team boards for keeping things clean with a single game day thread. I also find the navigation is way more intuitive here. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know tons of them but then again I live in the Midwest 

Out of the “old” QBs ... how would you rank their arms currently? Just curious, I think I would go...

Brady

brees 

rivers

ben

rivers was really good yesterday I thought but his arm is not there 

I think that’s fair. Brees and Rivers have similar arm strength at this point imo. I’ve been impressed with how Rivers has been able to work with his arm, while I think Brees has struggled to make plays downfield with his poor arm. Rivers seemed to connect on some deeper throws that Brees doesn’t have in his repertoire anymore. 

5 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Helluva game to get kids interested on Nickelodeon 🙄

Never use the Bears in an attempt to introduce football to someone. Literally at no point in their history have they been a team I’d use to showcase the sport. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I don’t know that I’ve ever met a Bears fan. 

They are a weird team.  Usually large TV markets have nationwide fan bases but I agree, the Bears don't have a ton of fans out this way in the PNW.  The networks love them though, so they must pull in ratings.

I feel like their fanbase has more in common with the smaller market rust belt teams (CLE, DET, CIN, etc) than teams like the Giants, Eagles, Rams, etc.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, sullim4 said:

They are a weird team.  Usually large TV markets have nationwide fan bases but I agree, the Bears don't have a ton of fans out this way in the PNW.  The networks love them though, so they must pull in ratings.

I feel like their fanbase has more in common with the smaller market rust belt teams (CLE, DET, CIN, etc) than teams like the Giants, Eagles, Rams, etc.

I just think they’ve never had enough sustained success to attract bandwagon fans who aren’t raised in the Chicago area. I’m sure in the mid 80’s there were people sporting Bears stuff around the country, but that success never reappeared. Teams like the Cowboys had runs in the 70s and 90s, while the Steelers are always in the mix. That’s how you get fans across the country with no ties to the team. 

5 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

One thing I really like about the Bears is the GSH on the sleeves for George Halas. I thought the Bills should’ve done that after Ralph passed.

The Bills could’ve honored Ralph with a logo of fingers rubbing two nickels together.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Every NFC game was boring this weekend. The bears are horrible. Saints aren’t playing all that much better. 

The Bears offense is atrocious. They are barely getting 2-3 yards a series. The NFC as a whole only really has two teams (Saints and Packers) who are good, and the Saint's aren't looking like world beaters either. 

A 7-9, 8-8 and 9-7 team in the NFC bracket and the 10-6 Dolphins sit it out. Granted the Dolphins aren't world beaters either, but this doesn't make the games entertaining with these awful teams playing.

20 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I went there and actually registered the year we started off the season playing them (EJ was our Qb). They thought they were going to the SB and bills beat them. That was the Fred Jackson stiff arm game. I haven’t ever registered at another team’s board since but their fans were so overconfident before that game. I had to. 

2 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

The nfc is lousy. Also, imho super wild card weekend was not super at all.

It’s been awhile since I’ve been enthusiastic about wild card weekends. I think quality football begins in the division round. Adding an extra game does nothing to add intrigue for me. 

3 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

The nfc is lousy. Also, imho super wild card weekend was not super at all.

Stupid question that I’ve actually googled. But why is this “Super” Wild card weekend? How is it different than any other wild card weekend? I’m clearly missing something. 

Just now, Shortchaz said:

Are you suggesting that more doesn’t necessarily equate to better? 🤔

The NFL just got fortunate that there were genuinely 7 worthy AFC teams this year.  If there's a different year where both the AFC and NFC only have 4-5 good teams, the 7 teams playoffs will be unbearable.

• Agree 2

Just now, stevestojan said:

Stupid question that I’ve actually googled. But why is this “Super” Wild card weekend? How is it different than any other wild card weekend? I’m clearly missing something. 

I'm guessing because they added an extra game for each conference for the first time