Wild Card: afternoon game Chicago at New Orleans 4:40 pm on CBS

GETTOTHE50

1 minute ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Listening to the pregame show you would think Lamar is a 90% passer and throws for 400 yards and 7 touchdowns every game. 

Reading opinions in this forum youd think Lamar was a scrub who didnt just win an MVP award.

Lets bumb that Lamar Era is Over thread to remind us of all the great hot takes. 

Who Dat? 

All kinds of QB rumors floating about. 

-Ian Rappoport says Drew Brees likely to retire after Saints playoff run this season

This is not from Drew Brees, of course: "I have yet to talk to one person who believes that Drew Brees will play in 2021," Rapoport said. "He has not made clear his decision, he has not announced definitively that he is retiring after the playoffs, but certainly that seems to be the way this is headed."

-Meanwhile, another headline is "Mitchell Trubisky unlikely to return to Bears in 2021 without long playoff run".  Again, this appears to be a Rappoport-driven headline: "NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on NFL GameDay Morning that there is no certainty the Bears will bring back Trubisky in 2021, but if the quarterback wins Sunday at the New Orleans Saints and keeps winning, perhaps he can change their mind."  I mean, what part of declining his 5th year option and bringing in Foles makes this news?  Only Foles lost the job, so what's their plan at QB?

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

My 10 year old is excited about the sponge bob square pants pre game show for this one

I was thinking I might check out the Nick coverage.  Spongebob makes everything better

OK - I actually just turned to the Nick pre-game.  Counting down sportiest SpongeBob scenes of all time.  Does Sweet Victory count?

23 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

My wife believes this game has implications on the Bills next week. I needed to continue drinking after yesterday, so I said some things. 

.....and?

Edited by I am the egg man

24 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't know why -- maybe just because I like rooting for the underdog -- but I would love to see Chicago shock the world and beat the Saints.

I'm agreeing with the CBS Pregame comments.  Bears got nothing to lose so they may as well "go for it" and see what happens.

I hope it's entertaining.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't know why -- maybe just because I like rooting for the underdog -- but I would love to see Chicago shock the world and beat the Saints.

I just want the Bucs and Brady to GTFO of the playoffs ASAP - so rooting for the Saints (assume Saints have better shot esp w/ Rams so banged up)  

8 minutes ago, Tuel Time said:

Watching it on NIck of course

Actually not an easy gig - talking down to kids level but still trying to give a legitimate call

31 minutes ago, NE Branch said:

Switched from Sponge Bob to CBS in time to hear James Brown say "Bills Defensive Coordinator Chuck Pagano"....maybe the commentary is better at Nickelodeon.

Sponge bob >>>> everything 

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Nickelodeon broadcast is awesome.

My 8 year old LOVES the Saints. I don’t know how that happened but it did. Ok I do know - Alvin kamara in madden. I mean he loves the bills too but somehow got into the Saints. Anyway the Nickelodeon broadcast is amazing for him

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

My wife believes this game has implications on the Bills next week. I needed to continue drinking after yesterday, so I said some things. 

Every game has implications on the Bills.  Might not be next week but could possibly be a team they play eventually.  You're just making sure that you have all your bases covered.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1